RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
WARNING BEFORE REPLYING TO THIS PM YOU MAY OR MAY NOT RECEIVE

Written by

GOOD DAY ,

I hope that I am not embarrassing you with this mail because you did not expect it or know me before . but kindly rest asured that I have irresistible urge to write it believe me , the mail is an indication of love for you and happiness I shall always wish you .I am Miss Linda Mehi. 19 years old and the only Daughter of late Mr and Mrs Mehi Osu the former president of Cote Ivoire chambers of Cocoa & Coffee Dealers Association .

My late father was very wealthy cocoa & coffee dealer my mother died after some years i was born and my father was poisoned to death by his political members .before his death my father told me that he made the next of kin of a fund, he deposited the sum of USD($2.5,000,000)DOLLARS only .

In the bank here, I went to the bank and confirm that my father really make me the next kin of this money , Now I want to transfer the money into your account in your country because the people that killied my father is after my life now to make sure that our family are drastically wipped off.infact as I am writing to you now I am in hidding here .please if you can help to save my life and transfer the this fund to your account .

I am deeply intrested to offer to you 15% from the total money that is involved for transfering it into your own designeted account again i will hand this money over to you to invest it for me wisely ,as you know , this is the highest confidence and trust any person can repose on the other especially when it is considered that we did not know ourselves before then you are expected to display high degree of maturity , reposponsibility , and understanding in handling this information so that our family enemies will not know that I am arround .In getting me through your information .

I will give you every details about the bank here for the transfer to carry on to your account . after you have indicated your intrest and willingness to help me out of this problem to secure the money for a proper investmebt in your country .write to me as fast as to acknowledge this mail and thanks in anticipation . For the confidentiality of this transaction please strictly reply me true( linmehi5@yahoo.com )

Remain Bless In The Lord.

Best Regards

Miss Linda Mehi

-----------------------------

USER:lin111

Hoax signature detected!

warning,

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
you actually got this as a pm?

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
i've just received this pm too. I wasn't too impressed tbh. Definate WARNING!! excl

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Who actually falls for these?

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Indeed. People do!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

might only be funny to uk ppl, but if you havent seen it already, checkout fonejacker, it will be on 4od and other tv show sites

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
My grandpa falls for them.
Repeatedly. mad2

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
"my mother died after a few years I was born"

That is quite remarkable.

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
I had one. Told admin and now I feel silly because they sorted it out 5 days ago. SORRY ADMIN!

At least I didn't go with my first instinct and reply with "They probably deserved it and I hope the bad people kill you too you dirty scamming idiot." Or words to that effect.

Perhaps a few swears here and there.

And there.

Ohh and a big one THERE! *points to empty spot*

Dragon_Drafinmember
51 posts

Posted:
We see these things almost every day. It is really scary because some people don't see through the obivious defects.

I shudder at the thought of the people who run these scams becomming more gramatically sound.

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
 Written by :LMSP

I had one. Told admin and now I feel silly because they sorted it out 5 days ago. SORRY ADMIN!

ubblol That's ok, as I said, we'd rather all 40 people tell us in case no-one else had rather than everyone thinking "someone would've told them by now" and doing nothing!

Silly scammers obviously don't know anything about HoPpers - how could they ever hope to achieve anything here?! grouphug

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
Cheers. I feel better now I know I haven't made an ass out of myself. biggrin

I am going to take this as a sign to try and log in here as often I used to. devil

EDIT

NOW I am too slow in opening emails. rolleyes

Very pleased with the quick response from you Mr. George, The Great And Mighty Duke of HoP! hug ubblol
EDITED_BY: LMSP (1205873158)

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by :hamamelis

My grandpa falls for them.
Repeatedly. mad2

Really!
Tell us more!
What sort of consequences?
getting his bank account milked? identity fraud? Lots of Russian brides?

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
Um.. so far just sending people money to 'claim lottery wins' and the like. He's not on the internet, fortunately, but he gets the ones through the mail..

I think he has sent off a few with bank details on, but seems to have got away with it so far- though he's actually pretty rich, and confused, so I'm not sure how much money they'd need to get out before he noticed..

Though we are waiting for the Russian Brides.. biggrin
EDITED_BY: hamamelis (1205939214)

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
hmm I got it as an email. I guess I'm not on here enough to get it as a PM

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
ubblol a letter from Nigeria on HoP? ubblol

that's very remarkable.

NEVER hand out your personal details, like name and account number on the internet to any other than a verified, reliable person.

cool

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink