Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Who will do a workshop at Brisbane, Easter friday?

Login/Join to Participate

ThunderIdealnewbie
6 posts

Posted:
Hi everyone, we're putting on a "day-doof" at Pine Rivers Park in Strathpine for Easter Friday and wondering if anyone will grace our workshop area with a poi workshop, or any kind of twirling workshop really there is plenty of open spaces for workshops. You will get free entry to the event and lunch. Should be a fun day anyway, I can post the promotional rant here if anyone wants or you can go to www.oztrance.com and enter the SEQLD section and look for 'thaumaturgy'.

Doesn't have to be anything special really, I'm sure whatever you can come up with will be much appreciated. Cheers.

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Dentrassi?

Basstones?

Brian?

Shion?

I'm sure there will be a good bunch of folks who can a) do nice twirly things for ya

b) deal with a whole day of trance ubblol

I couldn't do b) but I can contribute hoops and practice gear for whoever ends up doing a). smile

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

ThunderIdealnewbie
6 posts

Posted:
sounds great thanks gabe. we'll encourage participants to bring their own poi but if you can provide some for practice it might help get some people involved.

maybe whoever takes me up on this could organise their talks into two sections.. basics and not quite so basics.

sometime late in the arvo might be good.

throw your thoughts out there i'm really open to whatever, staff twirling, fire, as i said the workshop space will be empty for most of the event. personally i want to learn some more poi moves. if you want to bring stuff to sell, or promote something, i can't see any problem with that in fact i'd love to buy some glowing poi and something a little softer than tennis balls so i remain conscious for the entire workshop.

by the way there will be an outdoor (local) art gallery.

ThunderIdealnewbie
6 posts

Posted:
bumparoo

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
I've passed this info on to the people I mentioned. So there's not much more I can do....
Good luck
Gabe

BaccoryBRONZE Member
126 posts

Posted:
Heya Gabe, you were talking about other Brian and not me right?

BoorriGOLD Member
stranger
4 posts

Posted:
Morning,

Don't know if i'll be heading up but i've just spoken to Shion and he isn't up to anything, so if I get my stuff organised I'll probably pick up Shion and we'll both head up there.

We'd both be more than happy to do some teaching (might need to feed us to keep the energy going ubblol) and we do have some extra gear for people to use but not that much.

Could always pass by Gabe's place and grab some extra gear if needed biggrin

Might see you there

-Brian

ThunderIdealnewbie
6 posts

Posted:
i pm'd and emailed shion, i hope yas come out and party biggrin

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Baccory

Heya Gabe, you were talking about other Brian and not me right?

Yep that;s Boorri I be guessing.

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Boorri

Could always pass by Gabe's place and grab some extra gear if needed biggrin

ya that'd be fine, I'll be home doing Uni stuff...

ThunderIdealnewbie
6 posts

Posted:
hey guys the event went extremely well. next time we do something i will make a post here with more time to spare. anybody who might be interested can PM me in the meantime, i'm pretty keen to get something happening for the next gig. it might be in the bush next time.