Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PLAY Festival 2008 tease - 23-27 july. (CANCELLED) :(

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
It's on!!!!

All details are at playfestival.co.uk but here are the basics cause this is just the tease thread, where we want you to chat and not clog up the PLAYnews thread.:

23-27 July in Llanfyllin, Wales, on the site of the rather lovely workhouse festival )

Non-Https Image Link

its much easier to get to than you might think. all travel stuff is on the website

tickets are on sale, and are £35 until June 1st so don't delay in getting one cause they go up after. (incidentally that is the same price as last year smile )

we can't wait to see you there!

love

da PLAY croo.

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Wow. Too many options for something else to do now. Hard to decide. I might just stay at home smile

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Indeed, I was thinking of being useful and creating a "Play Alternatives" thread, but don't really have the time...

If you're bored Ed.... wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
ubblol

This is all your fault anyway, Durbin... wink it always is.

Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Be Water My Friend.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Come to swange Jo hug I'll be in weymouth that weekend but we just had a great party in swanage over the weekend wink

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

LucyhappyBRONZE Member
11 posts

Posted:
 Written by biggrinunc

all refunds will be sent by the end of the week, not sure on clearance time into your bank tho.

That has NOT happened in my case I'm afraid frown

Re: Order 303

I have checked Paypal and it's not there. I have also checked the bank account paypal used to pay it from and it's not there!?

I'm hoping it's just a glitch but my original email to you guys (info at play festival) last week wasn't answered which has led me to frustration and forces me to post here I'm afraid frown

I don't want to add to your hassles and it was with great regret I read you guys had to cancel this years festival but Please check you emails and kindly reply ASAP.

I have also sent a 'money request' to your paypal addy if that makes it easier.

Many thanks smile
EDITED_BY: Lucyhappy (1217177348)

People are only as happy as they make up their minds to be.

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
While I don't know it to be the case here, I would expect the refunds to be in the hands of, and thus at the whim of, whichever insurance company PLAY held their event policy with.

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

LucyhappyBRONZE Member
11 posts

Posted:
^^^ Thanks for your reply. Hopefully I'll get an email soon. smile

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
such a shame PLAY wasn't on, the weekend was an absolute scorcher frown

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
I know!! still got out and met a few people, had a nice spin (when I wasn't hiding from the sun, being ginger)

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
re refunds. sorry but the paypal thing only let us automatically refund payments up to 60 days, so anything before 14th May is being done manually and taking rather a long time as I have been away and had lots of things to do with my family. Sorry it's taken so long but more are being done each day and if you haven't heard from me it won't be long till you do smile

hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

LucyhappyBRONZE Member
11 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Dunc

re refunds. sorry but the paypal thing only let us automatically refund payments up to 60 days, so anything before 14th May is being done manually and taking rather a long time as I have been away and had lots of things to do with my family. Sorry it's taken so long but more are being done each day and if you haven't heard from me it won't be long till you do smile

hug

Ah I see. Thank you for the information smile I'm not a regular on here so I'm glad I checked back. If you could try and make order 303 a priority it would be very much appreciated. As this festival didn't go ahead, I'm hoping to use the cash to treat my myself, my husband and our little son to tickets to Solfest for our family holiday... which is almost sold out frown so I need to be quick. Thank you smile

LucyhappyBRONZE Member
11 posts

Posted:
I hate having to post here about this again but it's getting so frustrating this end it's leading to anger on our part.

In my opinion, It's not customers fault if play festival staff dealing with refunds are busy or offline or whatever, it should have no bearing whatsoever, this should just be done as a matter of urgency no questions asked and no excuses given.

Written by :Dunc

if you haven't heard from me it won't be long till you do smile

If you could please be a bit more specific by giving me a date for my refund privately via email or if you could manually refund order 303 now that would bring this matter to a close as...

Still no refund.
Still nothing pending at the bank or paypal.
Still no replies to emails, PM's or phonecalls.

It's such bad form I'm having to publically beg for my money ubbcrying

Thank you.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I have to agree. We still haven't had our refund either. The fact that we bought our tickets early, making budget planning easier for the organisers makes me sad that we are the ones having to wait the longest for a refund. So far I've waited patiently and quietly, but now I've waited long enough.

Please can you give us a date that we will receive our refunds by.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

LucyhappyBRONZE Member
11 posts

Posted:
Skulduggery: thanks for posting I was worried I was alone and sounding nuttier than a very nutty thing redface

Dunc: As of this evening I have just been emailed by Paypal to let me know I have been refunded. So many thanks for sorting that out smile
My fury was never a personal attack (from reading your profile, as a fellow parent and dubber I'm sure we'd get along smile) it was just the lack of communication that was doing my nut in ubbloco

Thank you guys.
Hope you all have a good rest of the summer whatever you get up to.
Lu. cool

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Can I have my refund please too?! smile

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Lucy

An error in the shop has meant your ticket was set to 'pending' instead of the accurate 'confirmed' status that it should have been (as you should be able to see in your account on the website). Because of this your ticket hasn't been refunded as it wasn't on our list of refunds.

I have now refunded the money and sent an email with the full details of what's happened.

We're investigating why this has occurred and thanks to you flagging it up we commenced a full audit for this error, we have found another booking on the same day that hasn't worked in the same way...argh!

I can't apologise enough for this redface

Skully....I'm doing traders after the normal tickets and there's only a few left to refund now, everything will be completed by the end of the weekend.

Let's relight this forum ubblove

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Thanks for refunding the money Dunc.

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Eh what a nightmare Dunc, having to be doing this instead of glowing with the *hey that was hard but wasn't it great* vibe of the satisfied festival organiser.

Hope its soon behind you, all that dang paperwork and glitch unpicking.
Cheers and hugs hug
Gabe

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Yeah - I feel for those that have forked out and then are needing the cash back for another event, but....
Im sure Dunc and crew must be in multiple-millions in debt for time, energy and passion spent on an event that unfortunately didnt happen
BIG HUG Dunc
We Love you

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
I dont want My money Back
Keep it to cover costs

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
Um.. I still also have no refund... I've emailed about it too, a few weeks ago. I checked yesterday wit' bank, and nowt's been paid in.

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
I dont see why everyone is in such a rush for thair money back are you all that skint

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Yes Minty I am skint as are many other people.

I think the main problem has been the lack of communication. After asking how long it would take for the refunds to be made we were told by Dunc 1 week. When that didn't happen for some of us we weren't updated as to why, we were just left not knowing. Some people emailed and got no reply and others just waited and wondered. If we had been kept informed maybe people wouldn't have felt the need to ask for their money back publicly here.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Hazel, check your paypal account ( I assume that's how you bought your ticket?) I had to manually accept the payment today... Pay pal is so not my pal...

Be Water My Friend.

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
I have a paypal account? confused2

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
how did you book your ticket if you didn't use pay pal?

Be Water My Friend.

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
you were given the option to bypass paying through paypal if you wanted or if you didn't have a paypal account. i think i did that because the time it takes for paypal to process transactions is ridiculous if you don't already have money in there. but i can't remember so i'm constantly checking both shrug

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

Page: ...