Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PLAY Festival 2008 tease - 23-27 july. (CANCELLED) :(

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
It's on!!!!

All details are at playfestival.co.uk but here are the basics cause this is just the tease thread, where we want you to chat and not clog up the PLAYnews thread.:

23-27 July in Llanfyllin, Wales, on the site of the rather lovely workhouse festival )

Non-Https Image Link

its much easier to get to than you might think. all travel stuff is on the website

tickets are on sale, and are £35 until June 1st so don't delay in getting one cause they go up after. (incidentally that is the same price as last year smile )

we can't wait to see you there!

love

da PLAY croo.

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

LizzybethLizzy hearts sunshine hoop
272 posts

Posted:
heeheee i had little blueish pinch marks from some of them! not so attractive on stupidly pale skin smile but if you want to wake up covered in pegs im sure that can be arranged devil

if i could be a busy busy bee...

ghanimathat 'airy sod from down there//../
181 posts

Posted:
this may be a daft question............but

is anyone planning to leave sunday avo/pm and driving back to london?? my gf needs to be in london monday morning for work but i gotta stay and dismantle the stall etc....

CAN ANY1 HELp!?!?

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
my piece of number one advice is

no matter what u do.... do not gte drunk then relise u gotta go work there

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
yeh especially if you're the fire attendant mike hmm? tongue

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
I wanted to post a photo of mike being drunk next to the "fire spinning area" sign, but i'm too lazy and busy studying to look it up. tongue

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
lol there are plenty of photos of that all over the web.... lol.... not my finist moment in some respects but one of my personal best.... that and trying to teach devilsticks with a hangover

addict
498 posts

Posted:
come to think of it, were there any moments when you weren't either drunk or hungover? i didn't have enough cash to get myself drunk - i was sober the entire festival! this MUST not happen again this year! .. may have to do some cover shifts at work to fund it, but i WILL fund it! .. or just throw people cheeky smiles and mooch off them biggrin

[noodles]*Property of Pigeon Wigeon*
893 posts

Posted:
Louise I had loads of beer. All you had to do was ask smile

Cheeky smiles, winks and hugs are always accepted of course biggrin

Could somebody stop the room please... I'd like to get off

willworkforfoodjnrSILVER Member
Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
*ahem*

6 weeks!

Working hard to be a wandering hippie layabout. Ten years down, five to go!

addict
498 posts

Posted:
yeh but dave you already drove us everywhere and stuff - would've felt bad asking for alcohol too smile anyway, i heard you weren't coming this year - what's with that hmm? ... i have a feeling i've already asked you this.... but humour me biggrin

Woohoo 6 weeks to go!!! bounce

[noodles]*Property of Pigeon Wigeon*
893 posts

Posted:
I'm probably gonna be up on the Friday night as I can't get the time off work. Just depends on cash situation as I'm going to Reading to see RATM this year and planning on being in Thailand in January smile

Could somebody stop the room please... I'd like to get off

Live_in_a_spinBRONZE Member
Dude where's my Poi?
383 posts

Posted:
I kinda got the idea from Mike from glos Last year and just had myself a t shirt printed of my user name and avatar. Check out the pic in my gallary and tell me what you think. and say hi if you see me in the field.

Live life in a spin!!!
but if you fall don't come crying to me!!!

addict
498 posts

Posted:
that's fair enough about money and work smile least if you do come you'll be there for the last night! bounce

duvanancient oachkatzlschwoaf
248 posts

Posted:
hey guys,

I hardly know any of the British spinners yet I seek for your help now. Let me explain why smile
I'll attend PLAY festival this year to do some shooting for the [Old link].

Unfortunately I'll have no choice but to travel without a tent for my camera equipment is ridiculous heavy and I can't carry any further luggage.
Soo.. is there any chance that any of you guys might have a place left in your tent or wherever you actually sleep in?
I got amazing camping skills (been a scout in my childhood) and don't snore.. if that ain't convincing you! ubblol

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
louise: umm probebly not come to think bout it 5 mins on site vodka drank.... trying to leave site dunc gives me a cider lol.... it was fun

live in poi: have i started a new thing then.... Will have to make a new one this year maybe a workshop hmmm thinks hard about how i could do it.

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Hey Duvan, great that you are coming to play smile I've probably got a spare tent you can use, not very big but should do if you can't find any better options.

matt

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

248 posts

Posted:
wow, that sounds great!
I don't think that I'll find any better options than a tent - I mean a tent souns awesome to me!
If you could manage to bring that tent I'd owe you one. Is it waterproof? That's my only concern right now biggrin I don't need any comfort, I'm used to sleep even while standing hehe

cheers,
Max

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
dont worry bout waterproof didnt matter to me last year and boy did it rain lol.... so whos doing workshops this year then

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
A tip I learned from Mint Sauce that works really well. When it rains, strip down to as few clothes as decently possible and carry on playing. This way you end up with very few clothes wet (unlike when you wear waterproof clothing, which causes all the clothes you wear under them to get a bit sweaty damp) and by keeping moving by hooping, spinning, juggling etc you stay warm.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

addict
498 posts

Posted:
hmm i never thought of that, that's a really good tip - afterall skin is waterproof biggrin and no smarty pants saying 'actually it's partially permeable' tongue it still feels waterproof! bounce

248 posts

Posted:
Mike and Skul I do appreciate your advice but I'm not so sure if I can really apply them to using a camera.. while standing in the rain.. and stuff.. frown
although I don't know yet whether it's skin is waterproof or not (hmm maybe it's worth a try) biggrin

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
 Written by :TastesLikePurple

hmm i never thought of that, that's a really good tip - afterall skin is waterproof biggrin and no smarty pants saying 'actually it's partially permeable' tongue it still feels waterproof! bounce

Also when it's sunny, strip down to as few clothes as possible and carry on playing..

(Garth hopes it's sunny and rains biggrin)
EDITED_BY: garthy (1213780214)

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

screechcircling on the edge of madness
889 posts

Posted:
i'm really trying to make it this year i realised yesterday i have savings i can use to cover the ridiculously high travel costs in getting to wales. i'm now hoping i can get the time off work will find out tomorrow hopefully.

finland finland finland
the country where i want to be
pony trekking or camping
or just watching tv

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
My advice is that WHEN it rains - strip down to NO clothes and run around the stage area and general site - it worked for me and Flow from FenFire joined in at FireDance 3yrs ago in Austria AND its stopped raining...admitedly a fair few hrs later, but it was a fun streek. I also recommend this when its not raining...........Yes I like to get naked.
Im sure most of you do too
Have fun ya'll - im missing it already

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
After the past weekend I really want to go to Play this year and am gutted I can't, if only to harrass step a little more.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

addict
498 posts

Posted:
 Written by :garthy

Written by :TastesLikePurple

Also when it's sunny, strip down to as few clothes as possible and carry on playing..

(Garth hopes it's sunny and rains biggrin)

rolleyes 'sigh'

...yeh me too! biggrin bounce

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
Umm.. maybe I'd better try and be organised- anyone heading down from Bristol with car space?

Just for one teensy tiny person..? I'll even hide in the boot..

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
Well the rain last year was very fun i must admit.... Great news i finally got the time i needed off work comfirmed so i will def be there for play madness so long as tickets are around at the end of the month

248 posts

Posted:
this is prolly a rather noobish question yet I need to know about that..

food

is there any chance to get any of it on the festival site? or do I need to fill my backpack with bretzels & bratwürstel to survive this week ubblol

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
There is usually a food stall at the festival, but if you want to cook for yourself to keep costs down that's doable too. There are shops in North Wales you know smile You can shop once you get there. tongue

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Page: ......