Forums > Help! > how do i make wibble sock poi

Login/Join to Participate

poinoobSILVER Member
45 posts

Posted:
allright i have done a lil research but how do ya'll recomend making wibbles i have heard have the"head" be about 2/3 heavier than the handle and i have heard equal wieghted. im sure it could be done either way but what are the pros and cons of those differnt set ups or is there a better one that i dont know about. i come from a handles glowsticking back ground so i love tosses and the like. thank u in advance if u can help me

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
I'd go for handle weight roughly 1/3 of head weight. Whilst I'm not sure on the semantics i would regard uneven weighted poi like objects as couter-weight poi or 'wibbles' as people seem to want to calls them. Even weight I consider to be meteor, which flies totally differently when tossed and released.

Experiment, see what works but that recipe works for me smile

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Matt "Wibbler" Terry knots the handle end in a way that adds some extra weight/firmness from the fabric as well as the weighting ball. Don't know whether that makes a difference to the smoothness of the action.

Try a PM or through his website

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
I think the weight is the crucial element Gabe; how the handle/knot is finished is mostly down to preference, thoguh I have found that a larger softer weight is better than a very dense small one, but again I think that just personal preference smile
EDITED_BY: Mr_Chutney (1204117245)

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
I'd side that Mr_C - larger and softer greatly adds to the comfort zone. Unless you're more into the self-flagellation side of spinning, that is.

spank wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
i agree, my wibbles are made with another sock wrapped around the knotted handle and tied on with strong thread. The bigger handle makes them easier to catch in my opinion and the big soft weight springs back nicely for wibbles.

"Don't do it naked!"

poinoobSILVER Member
45 posts

Posted:
cool u guys what about toatal over all weight?? what should i shoot for i like em a lil on the heavy side and what should i use rice seems to be to bulky. and why could any spinner not have a place in hi/her heart for self flogging i been doing it for so long i wouldnt know how to act if i didnt in fact i hit myself to to remind myself what it was like in the begining

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
these are the longest sentences I had to read in quite some time ubblol

*checks pn gender* errm, no common ground here, but even if your flagellation diminishes in quantity, the impacts quality usually improves. wink

"Poi total overall weight" IMO fully depends on your physique, skills and style. Whereas it's not smart to over-exert your joints, the heavier (within limits) the better.

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink