poinoobSILVER Member
45 posts

Posted:
alright there are kinda simmilar threads but not to the point i wanna get to. i lost my fire cherry just last firday and since then i have had prolly a dozen burn sessions. i am a junkie now. i was already a glowstick junkie but fire is a whole other level of rush. alright my question is does that adrenaline rush ever fade??? i like it but there is moves i am confident in my ability to do them but my instinct tels me WHAT THE HELL DO U THINK U R DOING. its like an internal battle the mexican wave is prolly the move that happens to me most with. aint had the gonads to btb weave yet

GeoffonTour04SILVER Member
enthusiast
360 posts

Posted:
I got used to it fairly quickly (within a few burns I was quite comfortable but I've never really been bothered much by fire). Now it's the rush of performing, esp. if you're the main focus of attention that gets me, never been good at that.

poinoobSILVER Member
45 posts

Posted:
well i'm used to the performance rush. it might just be the fire rush and the performance rush combined which has my whole body shaking its so odd the only thing i can really compare it to is a really bad ass roller coaster

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Hey poinoob, the more you actually use "proper" English, rather than txt, the more ppl will understand what you're enquiring for. For many in here, English is only their 2nd lingo wink

Sorry to tell you, but: Yes, the rush will eventually fade in the same rate you play with fire. shrug

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

poinoobSILVER Member
45 posts

Posted:
sorry firetom i should have realized that this was indeed a multi national forum good point. rather disapointing that the rush fades so after i keeps lessening then what how would i go to get the rush again. do something else like firesnakes or meteors. i guess unfamilliar territory would probablly be the best to increase the rush again

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
*keeps predictions where they belong*

Just do me one favour: don't put Kerosene in your mouth... wink

'The rush' for me shifted from the "flashy fire" (no pun intended) to the "sweet flow". I get 'the rush' by the flames, the sights and sounds combined with 'the flow' of movements.

After the 'rush' my body experiences when putting fire next to it, it quickly turns into a calmness. Maybe I can express it better with the term "eye of the storm". When I shift from 'tech' to 'dance' - to me it's sheer fun. But sorry, no notable adrenalin rush anymore for me.

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
I stil get a rush from people seeing me when I'm in my zone. Or if i hear a random comment about me.....and liek tom was saying, it's all about the flow.
EDITED_BY: Poje (1205164220)

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

poinoobSILVER Member
45 posts

Posted:
yeah i love the flow of poi. p.s. i have no urge to start breathing fire. eating fire maybe i was thinking more along the line of other skill toy rope dart, fire whip, staff, maybe even fire hacky sack nothing get the adreniline pumping like a ball of fire flying towards ur man bits. and yeah putting smiles on faces does tend to give u a rush but thats a different kind of rush all together

CaffeinatedKatieGOLD Member
Teacher, Dancer, Artist, and General Smartass
149 posts

Posted:
You will probably lose some of the rush of spinning just for yourself, but you'll find (probably have already) that you'll develop a NEED to spin, and so rather than a rush you'll get a release. Performing will give you a good rush, though that will likely diminish if you perform a lot. The thing I recommend is to continually push yourself to new moves, to new performances, to new toys, as this will help keep you really excited and interested.