Forums > Meet Others > Circus Club - Hampden Park/Eastbourne

Login/Join to Participate

SkattoGOLD Member
Walking on whims...
687 posts

Posted:
Hello members of HoP.

I come in peace. tongue

Just thought that I would mention the drop-in Circus Club (The Eastbourne Circus Group, run by Alchemy

Productions) which is run every Wednesday in the Ratton School Drama Studio, 5.30pm-7.30pm, by Will Ashwell.

Ideal for beginners wishing to learn a variety of different circus skills, but also suitable for those who wish to meet up with slightly more advanced practitioners to help one another progress. Fire-Meets are also organsied within the group, as are out-of-club events and activities (usually during the holidays).

The Circus Club helps members of all ages to develop skills in:

Juggling

Contact Juggling

Poi (Sock and Tail)

Staff + Contact Staff

Diabolo

Stilt Walking

Powerisers (Jumping Stilts)

Acrobalance

Unicycling (with a broad variety of different Unicycles)

Devil Sticks

Basic Clowning

Globe-Walking

And whatever other circus-related toys we can get our hands on along the way.

All the equipment is in good condition. And you can just pick it up and start learning (with members helping you along the way).

I've been going along for a year or so, and it's been really beneficial to be learning around like-minded individuals - as it's easier for other people to see what you're doing wrong, and to show what you can do next! The members vary from around 12 to around 50, and if the Club generates enough interest they're hoping to expand and establish more workshops.

I recommend coming along one Wednesday, just to see what it's like. cool

Wednesday, 5.30-7.30 (you can come and go as you please)

Ratton School's Drama Studio

Park Avenue

Eastbourne

East Sussex

BN21 2XR

Hope to see a few new faces!!

Skatto

"Fly like a mouse,
Run like a cushion,
Be the small bookcase."

For goodness sake, don't aggravate the otters!!!

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I used to go to college in Hampden Park smile

Unfortunatly I live in London now, but will be back in my hometown Hastings for a couple of weeks over Easter and I should have the time to pop down biggrin

There used to be a meet in Hastings every Sunday in Alexandra park which sadly disintigrated after a couple of years, so its really nice to see more things like this popping up in Sussex.

Looking forward to meeting you all in a few weeks hug

SkattoGOLD Member
Walking on whims...
687 posts

Posted:
Hey there Aimee - sorry I could never get my lazy butt down to hastings to meet up with you peeps. ubblol Sad to hear that the Alexandra meet disintegrated. :-(

College ends for me in a few months - and I'm taking a year out of education before moving to London myself!! During the year out, I may try and organise a regular fire meet; provided I can find enough people who are interested.

Hope to see you appear at some point! hug The Circus Club has been going for around four years or so, but it's membership has mostly been secondary school kids. Its only been in the last year or so that we've begun to get a fair few older members signing up, and hopefully we'll get a good deal more. wink If we can generate enough interest, we may be bale to get some advanced workshops going.

Hope to see you around!! juggle

Skatto

"Fly like a mouse,
Run like a cushion,
Be the small bookcase."

For goodness sake, don't aggravate the otters!!!

tom_campbellBRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
hiya, i know this thread is really old but i was wondering if anything still happened in eastbourne or hastings? if anyone could contact me on tc-campbell@hotmail.co.uk