Forums > Social Discussion > Please read, respect your body.

Login/Join to Participate

Meeko_KiddoSILVER Member
journeyman
84 posts

Posted:
Just a friendly heads up after dealing with a friends death... please please don't mess with prescription medicine. Of all he drug abuse I've ever seen, it seems as though prescription meds are the worse. A friends life was taken away after something in his body ruptured and he basically suffocated on his own blood. He had a very high level of Oxycontin in his system, he was trying for a long time to get away from that [censored]. He told me the last time he saw me how he found God and was doing better and wanted to do right in his life.... but I guess he was still messing with the drugs, and it's really sad. Left behind a fiancee and friends that really cared about him.

Just be careful with what you do to your body... life is so precious and the pain you may put on others is not worth that high.

RIP Jeremy "Blue," you will be missed by many. I'm sorry we couldn't have seen each other more often.

firestartedGOLD Member
28 posts

Posted:
My condolences man. Sorry to hear it. I've had 3 mates overdose and die. PM me if you wanna chat about it dude

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
hug Thanks for sharing. Hope you can cope.

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
Bf and I just had a friend die because of drugs too. He had been clean for 9 months but the damage was already done.

So I hear you and if you need anything let me know

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Meeko_KiddoSILVER Member
journeyman
84 posts

Posted:
Surprisingly doing okay... I think its because I knew he was having problems for such a long time, a mild relief in a way? Its wrong to think that way, but in a way its still a messed up situation, yet a relief. Double edged sword, ya know?

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
This is a serious topic that people may want to share or respond to. How about moving it to Discussion?

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Meeko_KiddoSILVER Member
journeyman
84 posts

Posted:
I wouldn't be opposed to moving it... although do the mods move it or can I? If I can move it I need to know how to do it smile

I am glad the response here so far is nice, posted this on another board and lets just say the responses weren't so nice. In fact they were quite heartless and cruel... but hey some people suck.

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hey Meeko
To move a thread, click the *notify moderator* link at the bottom of every post, and ask. The mods are very prompt and helpful here. I have done this for you this time cos i knew how to....
This is a very timely post, given the recent death of Heath Ledger; which was not the suicide the media jumped to proclaim, but an accident to do with combining a range of prescribed drugs.

I have seen many people stuffed up, addicted, freaked out, damaged by prescription drugs. I think this is an issue also very neglected for our oldpeople.. who have the *doctor is best* mentality, take whatever they are told and end up on dodgy and self perpetuating complex cocktails of psychactive and metabolically disturbing chemcials.
trhanks for sharing your experience with us.
How did you friend get access to Oxycontin? That's normally used for people in a lot of pain...

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
I'm really sorry to hear about your loss andi hope you stsrt to heal soon. These things are never easy. Unfortuently people doing these things do not see the dangers, they are looking for a way to get out of the pain and some times the struggle to get off them is too hard to even think about let alone do.
You sound like you were a great friend and the person you lost was very lucky to have you there for them.
If others are going through such things or know of someone who is harming themselves in such way i send out huge hugs to you. Please do your best to support them and if things do go wrong try and not blame yourself, what they are going through is very hard to explain and understand.

hug

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Meeko_KiddoSILVER Member
journeyman
84 posts

Posted:
From what I was told he got a prescription for 30 Oxy's and the bottle was found empty. He did not have a high enough level of meds to kill him so we aren't sure what happened to all of the pills. He was really sick and his lungs or something ruptured because he was so sick and coughing so hard. He suffocated on his own blood. The prescription pain pills were for something other than him being sick, but I'm not sure what. But he was always doing pills, so I'm sure he was getting them from other sources illegally. So officially it wasn't an OD, however, I just wonder how much the pain pills could of helped contribute. Even without his lung rupturing he did have a severe problem with drugs and many people saw it, he told us many times that he was stopping, but then he kind of stopped talking to all of us. I don't know how he has been lately and his old good friends didn't realy talk to him either. My ex and I saw him often but after my ex and I broke up he said that was around the last time he saw him, they had some kind of falling out.

So really the only person I know that may know his drug usage and his problems lately is his fiancee, and I don't think I will ever ask any questions about him unless she brings it up. I already offered my support as a friend and told her I have an ear to listen to her talk any time of day or night, and she said she might take me up on it. So if she brings it up I'll talk, otherwise... I think it might be best to let it go.

There will be no funeral as he didn't want a funeral, his ashes will be spread in another state. That comforts me in a way, because I don't really deal well with funerals, and I want to remember him as he was. He wanted to get better, he had a very strong belief system, it's a good way to remember him even though he had a problem and didn't get the help he wanted to have. But the fact that he tried makes me feel a bit better, ya know?

la_genieBRONZE Member
73 posts

Posted:
My adopted son died from an OD of Oxycontin 3 years ago. It depressed his respiratory system so completely he just stopped breathing. My condolences to you for your loss.

Be aware, the evil flowers may eat your toes....
Have no friends not equal to yourself...
Feed your mind, read a book

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
hug for your loss, I too have had friends die from prescription drugs. Methadone, prescribed to a lot of heroine addicts to get them of the stuff, does more harm than heroine does and is easier to OD on. I keep thinking - the daft buggers - they should have just gone cold turkey - but where I'm from (a village in wales) addiction seems to pass from one thing to another. addiction to alcohol, nicotine, anti-depressants etc run rife there. I doubt there's been one family untouched by it and the problems they all cause there. people dying from lung cancer, liver failure, heart failure etc. It's a sad thing to realise. hug

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

3,556 posts

Posted:
The new drug they have out there to replace methadone is already being abused. Treatment, not pills alone, are the way to go
I did hear that they are working on a vaccine type thing that would make you immune to the drugs like cocaine. This is potentially positive.
I wish that this never had to hurt another person

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Also, if you do get pills for a legitimate reason and don't use them all, DON'T give them away/sell them. Either keep them around for emergency use or flush them down the toilet.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
i wouldn't recommend flushing them, taking them to a chemist is always a better idea they can dispose of them in a much better way. All you have to say is that they are unused and need disposing of. You do not have to give your name and can take the name and addy label off should you want to.

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

3,556 posts

Posted:
Flushing them? No bad for the fishies
Keep them in case you need them. I had some pills left over from my kidney stones and every now and then I get another. So when I had them I used them

Faith

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
hug Sorry for your loss Meeko

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

poinoobSILVER Member
45 posts

Posted:
lost a few friends to opaite overdoses myself. really sad stuff. i have even dealt with methadone addiction. had to go to jail to get off the stuff. its a bad scene man. now all my addictions a fairly healthy working out, spinning poi mmm fire, coughs uh ciggies. hey im aloud one bad habit right

3,556 posts

Posted:
That's what I say too

Faith