Forums > Help! > Converting videos from windows media player to quicktime

Login/Join to Participate

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
I'm having video/ computer issues that I'm hoping some lovely person might be able to spare a couple of minutes to help me with.
I have a load of videos that I'd like to be able to put on my ipod. Unfortunately most of them are on windows media player, so I need to convert them into quicktime vids.

I have quicktime pro, and have been following this tutorial from the apple site... https://www.apple.com/quicktime/tutorials/creatingvideo.html
It's converting it, but I'm only ending up with sound- no picture. Then when it puts the finished result in my video library, it won't play when I click on it.

I don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to computer things, but this seemed like it should be fairly straightforward 'follow the steps' kind of thing. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong, and can explain fairly simply how to make it work?
If it makes any difference, I'm working with windows, not on a mac.

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

fake teeth and glueBRONZE Member
Checking who's online, watching you!
1,972 posts

Posted:
i searched on google a little while back and it came up with some stuff, downloadable programs and such.

they seemed to work quite well, can't remember what they were though ubbrollsmile

you just lost the game!!!!!! !!!!!

knowledge is power, power corupts, study hard, become evil.