Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Poi performer wanted for paid work April and July 2008, Ipswich QLD

Login/Join to Participate

dancingtigernewbie
20 posts

Posted:
I am looking for an experienced performer/teacher for some paid gigs/ workshops in April and July. If you live near or have lived in Ipswich then we'd love to hear from you.

We will need to see a sample of your work

Please contact Idell on 32887077

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hey IDell
Is Di not around?

Does it matter male/female?
Cheers
Gabe

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

dancingtigernewbie
20 posts

Posted:
Hi Gabe

Unfortunately she's not available for those dates. I've already offered them to her to thank her for helping us last time.

Can be male or female for these events as they are public events and the pay is pretty good too. Must be well presented and able to give a short workshop on making poi.

Kinda stuck since my poi artist let me down and no one seems interested in working out here I don't get it.

Regards
Idell

Regards
Idell

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
To be honest, Idell, there are really not many professional spinners in Brisbane these days. A lot of people who play for fun but not with insurance/costumes and so on. A lot of the professional people have moved interstate, overseas, or given up to concentrate on their other careers in the last few years. The ones I do know don't live anywhere near Ipswich or else don't have transport.

So it's not avoidance, it's a shortage of people!
I could do the workshops bit for you, and I am a reasonable player/presented OK (no skanky dreads or anything....) , but not the usual run of performer, being elderly and all that... PM me if you want to give me more details.
Cheers
gabe

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Idell, a mate of mine called Sam will contact you soon...
smile

dancingtigernewbie
20 posts

Posted:
Hi Gabe

YEs please do call me about the poi workshops etc. Age is no barrier at all! We just want decent speakers etc for the workshops.
My phone 32887077

Regards
Idell

dancingtigernewbie
20 posts

Posted:
Hi Guys

Unfortunately the april opportunity has closed as I was unable to finalise anything with anyone.

I still have a gig in July + other work that will come up from time to time but please don't apply if you don't have insurance and a BLUE CARD!

I can't believe how many people are out there performing and working with kids under 18 and have no Blue card. One young man come to studio the other day ( a fire twirler) he didn't even know what it was.

If you are insterested in performing in a major concert (prefer poi) and you have your insurance and blue card, please contact me

Regards
Idell