Page: ......
newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Due to popular demand, we are proud to present....

sunny UberOz3sunny

Yes! That fabulous long weekend of skillz injektion, creative SHAZZAM and and more !!! Here's the word:

sunnyDates

Thurs 28th-Sun 31st August, with workshops starting on Friday night. (yep I know that weekend is a bit awkward for some Uni students and clashes with Burning Man.. but it fits for other local events and also my birthday!)

sunnyVenue

Same as previous 2 events.. Hillbrook Anglican School Recreation Centre, Enoggera, Brisbane, with a Saturday night devil party at mine. (Did I mention it's my birthday?;)

sunnyInternational Teachers:

heart YUTA!!! Returning for the second dose of ultra ninja poi stylin

heart MCP: hardcore precision staff grrrl

heart Sebastian Berger (Fenfire)... triple staff passes and the best boyskirt in the bizness

plus heart MAJOR local heroes including Brettstar, Kyle McLean, Chris Carlos, Christian Parr, Alice Robinson and MORE to be confirmed.

As well as Ubercore poi and staff, we will also include juggling, devil sticks, contact juggling etc from our Uberteachers and skillshare from participants.

sunny Cost

$ AUD 125 prepaid

and

$ 50,000 at the door (we want you to pre reg...)

with a limited number of discounted tix @ $60 for under 16s.

That includes up to 15 Uber workshops and group sessions wow fuel, accommodation and our famous yummy lunches clap

sunny Accommodation

Onsite camping space is included in the price ( you need to bring your own gear, though there are facilities like toilet/water/tiny kitchen) For non-campers we can usually find local billets or recommend backpackers.

sunny Bookings

PM me with your email address and I will send you a rego form directly. OR find one posted with lots of background info at the lovely UberEvents site

ubbrollsmile

NB: these are NOT beginner's workshops. Reasonable skills are needed to take advantage of the quality of workshops on offer.

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

keyarghahPLATINUM Member
Woodford is Goodford..!
241 posts

Posted:
hey gabe and hey friends - had a super revelation the other night when i was trying to sleep but couldnt because i was thinking about circus.. ubbloco im not sure if you were organising t-shirts this year? but would be happy to get some made up and organise it and all with your approval of the designs dear.
could probably sell them for about $20ish (maybe cheaper depending on how many i get made)

they would have UberOz 3, or Ub3r 2008 Brisbane etc.. i have a few ideas for funny spinner shirts;

FREE HUGGIES

IN CASE OF FIRE - CONTACT STAFF IMMEDIATELY

and another one which is a parody of ipod but might be tricky to make.

what do you think?

'FREE HUGGIES!!'

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
I'll PM you, Ciara smile

Meanwhile I just did the sums.. there are 12 spots left!

And 5 went on the weekend... so if you've got mates who reeeeeaaaaallllly want to come but they just sorta didn't let me know yet

*light small fire under bum*

Cheers!

Gabe ubbrollsmile

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by :ThaiTom

TT = Tom Tom from Tirasaru (Hosch a Für?) Austria

FT = FireTom is a nice guy from Germany

TT = ThaiTom ..... The Teacher(Austria) and you can see

Hi Tom!

Ya I remember you well, and TT of course... and perhaps I'll meet FT sometime and have the whole set.. TripleTom.

Fei cha eh tricky stuff!

Planning to have some classes at Uber, people really liked it at Woodford, and I still have a dozen of them in my garage. Amazing the things that end up in the garage! ubblol

Cheers

Gabe

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Woo Hoo!

I can haz ticket to Australia!

Be prepard aussie land. The Megatron is coming...

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
whew... wow megatron has a really good rig to it... but there is still definately somthing wrong with you smile

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
ok... i did a search and stuff... (my searching ability may well be poor) but i remember last year alot of talk about fire gear not being alowed on planes etc... and Gabe saying it can be done etc... can anyone provide a link to a source of info on this please as i would really like to bring a larger selection of my toys than i did last year... so i can like play with them and stuffs biggrin

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
look up dan pyroptix's posts re: travel with fire gear (last year's uberoz thread?). He's one of the more well travelled aussie twirling performers, so what he says goes beyond pure speculation. really helpful dude.

by and large domestic flights aren't as horrible as international flights.. unless you're really blatant. blatant is wearing doof wear covered in flame decals, cracking fire jokes, fire implements not covered up. don't put massive fire designs over your fire gear.

personally my favourite 'cover' for domestic flights is that it's sports/juggling equipment. pretending to not be a friggan obsessed with fire could be considered a betrayal of principles, however to me i find that being not being pragamtic in travel is a worse betrayal.

try not to travel alone - loners get singled out for more 'intimate' inspection, i find.

try to ensure that your clothes and equipment smell like a petrol bomb.

try to have a plan B, can your airport ride hang around to take your toys in case you get stopped? plan to get there early (i must disclose that i do not practice that advice.)

enjoi Uberoz3, i won't be making it up this year!

b

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
biggrin paul took his fire staffs to cg last year...in a fishing rod container...which the airline took to be fishing rods & they just did the explosive test & it was all good! biggrin last time i flew with fire gear (poi) i just aired them for a few days before flying, put them in a plastic bag, then into a sealed plastic container...all good! smile

one of the carriers...i think it's virgin? (could be wrong - it may be jetstar) specifies no fire sticks unless the wick is removed...they say nothing about poi or other toys...muhahaha! tongue ubblol

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
 Written by :bender

did you perhaps skip a word bender? ubblol

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
If you look at any domestic flight, there are lots of people checking in strange shaped or long containers carrying skis, fishing gear, gardening gear, prospecting gear, baby cots or whatever. They don't LOOK in your domestic checked luggage at either end. They don't ASK what's in your luggage. They ask if you have dangerous goods, including explosives or flammables.

With washed wicks and no unburnt fuel on anything, you DON"T have explosives or flammables. (Wick is not flammable!) No brainer. So don't say anything about it. Wash, pack, board, get off, collect, enjoy! I have travelled with poi frequently. My son has travelled with huge bags of gear and not only had no trouble; he has been given extra baggage allowance on some international flights for having 'sports gear'. (The size of the bag, they assumed it was skis.)

Like Gita, we have had the 'explosives residues testing' wands waved all over huge packs of fire gear for international and national flights and they have NOT registered any alarm. They are looking for serious plane bomb type explosives, not the sort of things we use.

The only person I personally know who has ever their stuff taken off tried to put it on a flight while it reeked of kero. Of course they didn't let it on! It would have made everyone else's bags stink and that would have generated complaints. I had to go collect it from the airport after they took off and it still smelled a week later! Funny thing was, Virgin had flown it up to Brisbane from Sydney so I could collect it!

And I know people who have run into problems with quarantine bringing things INTO Australia; millet filled juggling balls, wooden things.. Dave had his luggage thoroughly searched last time and they objected to the WOOD that some of his fire stuff was made from, not the wick bit.

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Good news everyone! I have booked my flights!

Terrible, terrible news everyone, it was muhc cheaper to come up on Wednesday instead of Thursday or Friday. Is it possible for me to tent in someones backyard for a night, or is there a cheap hostel around?

Kupo!

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Just had a quick look for you Jarle. YHA in Brisbane can be as cheap as $28 a night if you share a dorm.

I'm coming up thursday afternoon smile

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by :jarle

Terrible, terrible news everyone, it was much cheaper to come up on Wednesday instead of Thursday or Friday. Is it possible for me to tent in someones backyard for a night, or is there a cheap hostel around?

Well closer to the time I will be seeking out billets with locals for people who need them (staying on someone's couch etc).. otherwise ya theres heaps of hostel in Brissy, it's a backpacker destination. All sortable. smile

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
hmmm... *reminds self that I need to organise a kiddie-free weekend swap*

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
yeah last time i flew with gear it was unburn but i look like a hippy so they frown at me abit.. so i told them i had a taichi balancing stick *shrug* sure the airpost staff wouldnt knoew i totally made that up...

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
Gabe's right, it's all in the wording. They ask if you are carrying *dangerous or flammable goods*. The answer is no.

Put staffs in with your tent poles if you are paranoid about the x-ray.

I had my pixie sticks re-wicked before Common Ground and put them in my tent bag. Luckily they're small so they could fit.

Flying back, I had burnt wicks. I just gave them a jolly good wash with detergent and warm water, spun them out to dry in the sun, and wrapped the ends in glad-wrap.

Try adding bicarbonate of soda to the wicks before cling-wrapping them. It absorbs odour.

Luckily, at CG or any other aussie event, you should be spinning with D60 which has less odour anyway.

Oh, and if you're stopped for a *randomly selected search and scan*, or even while checking in at the desk, don't be tricked by small chit-chat...

e.g.

Authority Personnel: "So what you going to Adelaide for? Just catching up with friends?"

You: the answer is ubbidea "Yes."

The answer is NOT "yeah, I'm going to a fire-spinning festival! Can't wait! Looking forward to pulling off the matrix withOUT BURNING MYSELF THIS TIME" devil

You on the inside: spank spank spank

Authority Personell and You to toys: bye
EDITED_BY: sureau (1214148903)

"Be the Bunny"

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
 Written by :gita

Written by :bender

did you perhaps skip a word bender? ubblol

ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

"Be the Bunny"

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Mr_JEdly

I'm a comin too!

w00!

all booked & paid for. looks like i'll still be the only one from Perth to make it to UberOZ.

Look forward to seeing u all there! biggrin
*i need a bigger emiley-faced smiley. this one just isnt big enough!*

You probably will be IF YOU DON'T TALK TO OTHERS ABOUT IT.
*glares*

ThaiTomSILVER Member
57 posts

Posted:
Hi Gabe !

YOU HAVE A DOZEN Fei Cha´s in your garage!!??&&%% ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco

I´m freaking out I have just one and it´s sharp like a weapon and have more than 3 kilogramm.So would you sell one or two peace of them???tell me your price and of cours I know to send it is expensive (XXXX $) but I don´t care. ubbloco

tx ThaiTom hug ubblove (thaitom6@hotmail.com)

ubblove ubblove ubblove I Love Fei Cha ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove
EDITED_BY: ThaiTom (1214248307)

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:

YOU HAVE A DOZEN Fei Cha´s in your garage!!??&&%% ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco

Ya I do; (along with about 45 diabolo and 60 sets of devil sticks that I can't use either!) But they are not traditional Chinese made sharp metal bladed ones... they were made by a local teacher for workshops/practice at Woodford Circadia last year.. nice heavy sticks, but the weighted 'blade' crosspiece that gives it the rotational movement is heavy rubber and well wrapped tape... the prototype was made Aussie style from a rubber thong I believe ubblol (footwear, flip flops, not kinky sex garment) Priscilla Queen of the Feicha.

So no point to buy one of them. You could make one like it eaasily. smile

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
 Written by :newgabe

Ya I do; (along with about 45 diabolo and 60 sets of devil sticks that I can't use either!) But they are not traditional Chinese made sharp metal bladed ones... they were made by a local teacher for workshops/practice at Woodford Circadia last year.. nice heavy sticks, but the weighted 'blade' crosspiece that gives it the rotational movement is heavy rubber and well wrapped tape... the prototype was made Aussie style from a rubber thong I believe ubblol (footwear, flip flops, not kinky sex garment) Priscilla Queen of the Feicha.

So no point to buy one of them. You could make one like it eaasily. smile

omg what school was this teacher? I didn't know about walk-in weapons classes..

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Walk-in classes? Just at Woodford Circadia last year. Chap called Dale Sandwith made them for us and offered basic fei-cha as an 'advanced staff' workshop. They were pretty popular so we planning to do that again and at Uber too if he's into it.

School? He learned at the Beijing Circus school (same one Gracee Billings went to) and was living in Kuranda when I met him but he might even be living in Melbourne now; he was moving around last I saw him, in Jan. It's one of my this-week tasks to get in touch with him actually. Thanks for reminding me!

ThaiTomSILVER Member
57 posts

Posted:
thank you Gabe for the info

2001 I saw the first time Fei Cha and it blows me away because I was a staff beginner and now I´m lucky to understand this amazing movements

Bender try that one you will LOVE it.....
(do you remember me in St Kilda and at the Rainbow Serpant Festival in Jan Feb 2004 ?? )

cu Thaitom

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Heh Tom
Good to know youre still on the radar
What sorts of silliness and splendor do you have up your skillfull sleave for this Summer?
I know in NZ - so wont see you, ut hope youre well
Gabe I may well see you next week if possible, on my way from Auckland to Briz to Taipai to Bangkok, to amsterdam to London - yeah I know!!!
and then maybe a fire gig when I land! - OK - when I write it like that its just silly!!
Anywayif I dont see you good luck with 3Boz or whatever its called now!!
Love and respect

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Cool, drop in!
Bozzacube I think it is by now ubblol

ThaiTomSILVER Member
57 posts

Posted:
ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile

hey hey Rob !

you got me ubbrollsmile hug nice travelplan so give a hug in Auckland to the Central City Circus(Tim West,Pauly Paul;Markeesparkee Williams) Brisbane (Elke´s Moon Fest)Gabe,in Bangkok to Master OUD and so on...

cu this summer in europe Linz ..EJC ???

Poi is out Feicha is in LOVE Thaitom ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Gabe - sweet - I'll see what my travel plans are and let you know.

Tom - I wish it was good travel plans - that journey is all in one go!!!!

But i'll pass on your love to CCC

No festies for me this Summer in Europe - just visiting my sick Gran - im straight back to NZ afterwards back to work and show rehersals for the Kumarani Community circus 5th year Birthday shows - check out www.circuskumarani.co.nz

Peas out Bro

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
ok will be here this year... not as an attendee or anything.. but will provide my healing hands for as much massage love that is needed wink

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Nice one Ed!
I will bring the massage table again then smile

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Missy Gabe, we miss you! Make Ed sell a kidney so you can fly over for Play biggrin

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Page: ......