Page: ...
newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Due to popular demand, we are proud to present....

sunny UberOz3sunny

Yes! That fabulous long weekend of skillz injektion, creative SHAZZAM and and more !!! Here's the word:

sunnyDates

Thurs 28th-Sun 31st August, with workshops starting on Friday night. (yep I know that weekend is a bit awkward for some Uni students and clashes with Burning Man.. but it fits for other local events and also my birthday!)

sunnyVenue

Same as previous 2 events.. Hillbrook Anglican School Recreation Centre, Enoggera, Brisbane, with a Saturday night devil party at mine. (Did I mention it's my birthday?;)

sunnyInternational Teachers:

heart YUTA!!! Returning for the second dose of ultra ninja poi stylin

heart MCP: hardcore precision staff grrrl

heart Sebastian Berger (Fenfire)... triple staff passes and the best boyskirt in the bizness

plus heart MAJOR local heroes including Brettstar, Kyle McLean, Chris Carlos, Christian Parr, Alice Robinson and MORE to be confirmed.

As well as Ubercore poi and staff, we will also include juggling, devil sticks, contact juggling etc from our Uberteachers and skillshare from participants.

sunny Cost

$ AUD 125 prepaid

and

$ 50,000 at the door (we want you to pre reg...)

with a limited number of discounted tix @ $60 for under 16s.

That includes up to 15 Uber workshops and group sessions wow fuel, accommodation and our famous yummy lunches clap

sunny Accommodation

Onsite camping space is included in the price ( you need to bring your own gear, though there are facilities like toilet/water/tiny kitchen) For non-campers we can usually find local billets or recommend backpackers.

sunny Bookings

PM me with your email address and I will send you a rego form directly. OR find one posted with lots of background info at the lovely UberEvents site

ubbrollsmile

NB: these are NOT beginner's workshops. Reasonable skills are needed to take advantage of the quality of workshops on offer.

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Come on, it's from the same episode!

Besides, I don't think I can post twice in a row on that thread.

Kupo!

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
only yoga position i know is "worm saluting the sun" biggrin

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Sounds vaguely rude biggrin

Crikey doesn;t time fly look at that it's dang near time for UberOz3! eek help meditate

Just two weeks to go folks! ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile

Thanks to you lovelies who have offered to pitch in to help it go smoothly. Vege chopping and lift giving and so on. There will be lots to do , especially on the Thursday and Friday, so all offers of assistance are gratefully accepted hug

Also ya know its just hitting me how many of our teachers will be coming from EJC.. yoohoo! Thomas, Yuta, Christian, MCP..

I will be sending out an info email and draft timetable in a few days. Meanwhile if you want to see where the reception/social/camping venue is.. try the swanky new Google Earth Street View ubbidea

70 Hurdcotte St will find it. (Usually! You might have to click up the street a few 'cameras' and float around in that lovely contact ball effect for a bit. What a trippy program!)

Swing around the to right and you will see a lovely old green wooden building signed *Enoggera Scout Den*

That's where you're heading for.

Camping is out the back.

A photo for those who don't have Google Earth.

The main workshops venue is the Hillbrook Anglican School rec centre at the bottom of the adjacent driveway. You can see it clearly from the overhead view, it's next to the tennis courts. There's heaps of space to play down there smile

*considers possibility of thread digression to the politics of satellite surveillance*

We should get the satellite to fly over and take shots while we're all there.. we can go out and do a synchronised flag wave or something. Busby Berkeley type routine. Take that, Olympic opening!

By the way Gita and Ry I just did a search for 2UberOz in the gallery here and found some of your photos I'd never seen before.. Gita's one of Gracee and Elke lighting hoops. Awesome! and Ry! Mr Om! yeeha.

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Ah yes, should also let you lovelies know...
Duvan of the [Old link] is coming ot UberOZ3. smile
We will have our video booth up and running too... thanks to the lovely Gita hug

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Wasn't it called the 'look at me booth'?

Do we know if we're able to sleep in the hall/gym yet?

Kupo!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
well, no doubt some people will but I am not encouraging en masse sleepage there. But I am asking local people if they can bring/set up spare tents/sleeping bags etc to make cosy nests for visitors, so they don't have to bring so much stuff on planes...
Cheers!

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Mr Majestik

only yoga position i know is "worm saluting the sun" biggrin

If you come you will learn 'the worm' most certainly, and if you're very studious... 'anaconda!' (ssss......sssss....)

sorry, watched it waaaay too much tongue

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
ubblol jarle that's EXACTLY what it's called!! biggrin i even made a sign smile

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
eek i just discovered...the saturday of uber? is riverfire night!!! eek bugger...can we hook up normal tv to be projected onto your pool gabe?? biggrin i reckon fireworks on the water would look pretty cool!! ubblol

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by :gita

saturday of uber...riverfire night!!!

Yeah I know. Shame eh. I love the Riverfireworks too. SO let's make a date for NEXT year, eh smile
Meanwhile: a different sort of fireworks from our favorite ninja: coming soon to a Brisvegas near you!

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
*closes eyes for a lil while*

is it two weeks later, yet...? oooh, hang on... two weeks, minus two days, actually...

seems like it's going to be just as tough this year, as last, to pick which way to turn from one workshop to the next.

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
for clarification before the event, baring me not getting refused at the border, obviously, I mean, I do have a working holiday visa and access to oodles of money and a degree and I'll buy a return ticket if I have to, but baring getting refused, I'm going to clarify what I'm teaching.

The first work shop, entitled mental, no props or whatever is entitled:

The Anatomy of Contact Staff. You can bring a contact staff, there will be a lot of theory taught in th work shop, the physics of contact and how it interacts with a human body and what makes it work and such like. If you want to understand contact, this is the workshop to come to. If somebody could bring a white t-shirt and a really big black marker pen, that they don't want, I will reinburse them. But please somebody bring that stuff.

the second is double staff, about anti-spin, isolation and combining them. One after another and also at the same time. Is about trying to provide a mental framework that you can use to work out other tricks and doubles movements.

The third, entitled megs nu school club, should having swinging added on to the end. Nu School club swinging, ie: anti-spin and isolations and illusions but with clubs this time. Any and all levels with poi or doubles. Forget snakes and fountain definitions, this is about nu, gnu moves! biggrin

That's clarified I think. biggrin hug

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hey thanks for that Meg. Very clarified smile

And far out, that was quick off the mark!

I only just sent that email out with a drafty timetable and SHAZZAM there is a review and critique online already! ubbrollsmile

See ya soon! Enjoy Bornfire!

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
MCP, would the anatomy class be suitable for meteor twirlers? Also, I'd be more than happy to supply the shirt and the marker.

Kupo!

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
actually i think i will bring a shirt and marker... irrelivant to the class... I'm going to be really interested to see how much the skill level has picked up since last year, as it is allways growing with new stuff being done all the time... horah for an evolutinary art form... not that others arnt but Im sure you all know what I mean... You have a degree meg?! when I was there you seemed to be a permenent feature of stick manipulation in the medows when did you find time to do a degree?

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Yeah it'll be suitable for meteor... also kinda a little for CJ and definately for contact club. You'll have to take only the bits suitable for meteor thou... and there will obviously be meteor only stuff that I don't know about.

Brettstar, what do you think a degree is? It's easy enough to get one sitting out in the meadows all day. The exams are so easy you barely need to read the coursework before you answer the questions... modern universities suck. I wanna go back to the hardcore old days, where they actually made you learn something.

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
One and a half weeks! *bounces*

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
yeah... my uni is not wutie like that... it does run large portions of my life... like funds and location... and what i do from 9-5... but I am out to prove einstien wrong muhhahaha

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
what, is it like one week now?

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
yep yep!! biggrin bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by :mcp

What, is it like one week now?

Yep omigod it is too! Oh my ears and whiskers ubbloco

I been sorting out tea towels and fire towels tonight wink

And thinking about lighting and big bowls for 125 people and a shopping list for tomorrow and writing to people and all sorts!

I think I am supernaturally calm before a twirlwind!

Meg, how is Bornfire going?

And while I'm making linkies, here's one for one of our lovely Poi teachers Thomas Johansson who is also there on his way here biggrin

And even more about Meg

See you all ridiculously soon!

Gabe

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
4 sleeps till UberOz3 smile

and two sleeps till people start arriving at my place!

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
I arrive at roughly 2pm Wednesday, is someone able to transport me from the airport to a sleeping-place of some description?

So damn excited about this!

Kupo!

duvanancient oachkatzlschwoaf
248 posts

Posted:
wow, I'll be on my plane in 25 hours.. pretty excited about that, first time me leaving good ole europe biggrin

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Woo hoo!!!
I can post on HoP again *bouncy gremlin cos I cant find where they are*

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: jarleI arrive at roughly 2pm Wednesday, is someone able to transport me from the airport to a sleeping-place of some description?
Hi Jarle, we aren;t really doing a full lift service this year... I will quote Gita's travel instructions so the how-to-use-train etc is clear to all smile

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: gitahi all

just thought i'd drop by with a community service announcement about how you're all getting to uberoz3!! gabe hope you don't mind!! i thought about this after i got off the phone to you on the weekend & then thought you have a million other things on your mind right now, so i'll just go ahead & post this!!

if you're local...find your own way!!

if you're flying in to brisbane...you have a few options!!

option 1) there is a train from the airport - you need to catch said train to gaythorne station. you'll need to switch trains at bowen hills station - that's easy!!! you will arrive on platform one...you then take 6 or so steps off the train & you're on platform 2 where you will find a train heading to mitchelton or ferny grove - this is the train you want!! once you get to gaythorne station it's a 615m walk to uberoz3!! the train will take almost an hour, but it's pretty easy. the train will cost you $17 for an adult ($15.60 concession - not much of a discount! & a child is $8.60) if you have heaps of gear, please let us know & we'll try to organise a ride for you from the train. the first train runs at 6am & the last one is 8pm. a warning - if you are arriving between 4.30ish & 6ish - be prepared for packed trains once you switch at bowen hills (some days it's not so bad though!!!).

option 2) there will be many taxis at the airport!! interestingly...the two cab company websites give different fares on their fare estimators...black & white tells me it'll be approximately $34, but yellow says approximately $37.50. not much difference, but i thought it was interesting!! a taxi might be a better option than the train if you have a group & want to get there quicker!! but again - a warning about peak hour - traffic is EVIL around the airport between 4 & 7...so if you're landing then - GET THE TRAIN! it may be a little crowded, but trust me it's better than sitting in traffic for over an hour...

option 3) if you are getting in after the last train (8pm) & you can't afford a taxi...we may be able to ask some brisbane hoppers nicely if they would volunteer their time & car to come pick you up! but you have to ask nicely, & i'm sure donations towards petrol & parking costs would be much appreciated!!

so there you have it folks!!

Originally Posted By: newgabe
if you want to see where the reception/social/camping venue is.. try the swanky new Google Earth Street View

70 Hurdcotte St will find it. (Usually! You might have to click up the street a few 'cameras' and float around in that lovely contact ball effect for a bit. What a trippy program!)

Swing around the to right and you will see a lovely old green wooden building signed *Enoggera Scout Den*

That's where you're heading for.
Camping is out the back.
A photo for those who don't have Google Earth.

The main workshops venue is the Hillbrook Anglican School rec centre at the bottom of the adjacent driveway. You can see it clearly from the overhead view, it's next to the tennis courts. There's heaps of space to play down there

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: gita
just thought i'd drop by with a community service announcement about how you're all getting to uberoz3!!

if you're local...find your own way!!

if you're flying in to brisbane...you have a few options!!

option 1) there is a train from the airport - you need to catch said train to gaythorne station. you'll need to switch trains at bowen hills station - that's easy!!! you will arrive on platform one...you then take 6 or so steps off the train & you're on platform 2 where you will find a train heading to mitchelton or ferny grove - this is the train you want!! once you get to gaythorne station it's a 615m walk to uberoz3!! the train will take about an hour, but it's easy. The train will cost you $17 for an adult ($15.60 concession - not much of a discount) if you have heaps of gear, please let us know & we'll try to organise a ride for you from the train. the first train runs at 6am & the last one is 8pm. a warning - if you are arriving between 4.30ish & 6ish - be prepared for packed trains once you switch at bowen hills (some days it's not so bad though!!!).

option 2) there will be many taxis at the airport!! It'll be approximately $40. A taxi might be a better option than the train if you have a group & want to get there quicker!! but again - a warning about peak hour - traffic is EVIL around the airport between 4 & 7...so if you're landing then - GET THE TRAIN! it may be a little crowded, but trust me it's better than sitting in traffic for over an hour...

option 3) if you are getting in after the last train (8pm) & you can't afford a taxi...we may be able to ask some brisbane hoppers nicely if they would volunteer their time & car to come pick you up! but you have to ask nicely, & i'm sure donations towards petrol & parking costs would be much appreciated!!

so there you have it folks!!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
sorry about the gobbledegooky codey quote post folks, still learning this new system. There is an 'edit time expired' bug and weird smilies that I can;t find right now so- *imagine weird smile*

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
Good luck with the event Gabe!!

hug2

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

Page: ...