Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Party on the Pier Juggling Convention - North Wales, UK June 7-8th

Login/Join to Participate

daisylouBRONZE Member
la di da di da
147 posts

Posted:
I would like to invite you all to the UK’s newest juggling convention – Party on the Pier. Set on the scenic North Wales Coastline, it is the ONLY juggling and circus skills convention in the world to take place on a pier (as far as we know!)

Dates: 7-8th June 2008

Join us for two days of juggling, circus skills, workshops and a classic North Wales mid-summer holiday on the beach.

Colwyn Bay Pier is currently undergoing restoration and the main 24 hour juggling hall is the ballroom of the original Victorian pavilion the restoration of which is incomplete but will provide a great focus for what we hope will be a memorable two days.

Camping at a local campsite
Late Bar and Café available on the pier
Jesters
Public Show
24 hour juggling
Easy access to the sights and sounds of North Wales

If you have facebook you can view the event here:
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=23032628288&ref=mf

If not, a webpage will be set up in the very near future at www.partyonthepier.co.uk

details will be added as they develop

x
juggle weavesmiley ubblol

just a crazee daisy living in a crazy world

daisylouBRONZE Member
la di da di da
147 posts

Posted:
website is up smile hope lots of you come along...it should be a wicked weekend.

www.partyonthepier.co.uk

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
Sounds like fun bounce hopefully if i'm not too busy revising i'll make i to this one! It'll be nice to see Jak from Jesters again, i spun with him last summer while i was staying in Ambleside smile

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

daisylouBRONZE Member
la di da di da
147 posts

Posted:
*bump* smile

6 weeks away!!

website will be being updated in up coming weeks smile

hope lots of you can make it smile

and any chester/wrexham/bangor people spread the word around the uni's smile
EDITED_BY: daisylou (1208990554)

daisylouBRONZE Member
la di da di da
147 posts

Posted:
Righty-ho...

We had an extremely! long but good meeting about this on Wednesday and it's really starting to get going...I'm getting pretty excited biggrin

The website is: https://www.partyonthepier.co.uk which is being updated in the very near future and prices will be added very shortly so keep your eyes open for those.

It's 6 weeks away so make sure you have your bucket and spade if you're planning on coming!

The pier is opposite the train station so it is very easily accessible and there is plenty of free parking if you are coming by car!

Nika is going to be performing the Stockings routine in the public show. Bluecat Rob is also in the public show line up.

If you are on facebook the group is here!

and if you're not here are a couple of pics to tempt you smile Photos taken by Cathy Wood

Promenade Cycle Path for Unicycling/Skateboarding/Skating/Ripstiking (by Cathy Wood)

Non-Https Image Link

Kite Flying smile (from Martin King-Sheard)

Non-Https Image Link

Beachy Pic (from Cathy Wood)

Non-Https Image Link

Heulynmember
30 posts

Posted:
I'm fully coming to this one.
I heard about it from a guy running a circus workshop in Llanduno, SO glad he told me!
It's only 15 minutes up the road, which is rare for me, I'd normally have to travel far and wide to get smething like this.
So best take advantage whilst it's right there on my doorstep eh =D

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

daisylouBRONZE Member
la di da di da
147 posts

Posted:
update:

Just over 2 weeks to go smile Bring your buckets and spades smile

There will be tea and coffee making facilities so bring a mug. There will be a few disposable cups but bring a mug if you can as it saves throwing away plastic smile

Also, the hall has no heating so during the day when it is full it will be fine, but if you're a hardcore late night juggler, or you're planning on finding a piece of floor in the hall to sleep, please bring warm clothes!

**Workshops**

If anyone wants to offer a workshop drop me a message/wall post and let me know smile Equally if anyone wants to request a workshop I will see what I can do

Stuff to do: You can expect all the usual juggling convention nonsense and, weather permitting, the opportunity for some juggley play time on the beach. There will be juggling games, a unicycle trek down the beautiful coastal cycle path, space to fly kites on the beach and, just up the road is a skate park for unicyclists, skaters, snakers and ripstickers. In order to plan your beach play time go to tide times

Night time fun: After the show the Ballroom will be open for the whole of Saturday night. We have organised a DJ and VJ so you can dance, juggle or just chill out and watch. Knowing the usual juggling crowd there will be plenty of creative nonsense as the night wears on. Please remember the pavillion has limited heating so make sure you have spare layers in case it gets cold in the wee hours.

Workshops: We have limited space for workshops because we are on a pier although there will be space in the ballroom, outside on the pier, the bar and beach, weather permitting. If you would like to run a workshop you can arrange it on the day or email us. We will also be running circus skills workshops on the sea front for the general public.

Eats: The café on the pier will be serving food all weekend. There are also plenty of places to eat in Colwyn Bay town only a short walk away.

Drinks: The pier bar and ballroom bar will be open during the convention for all your drinkly needs.

Traders: Jak, from Jesters in Cumbria, will be selling his wares so save your pennies for some shiny new props!

Other stuff to do: Colwyn Bay town is a short walk from the Pier for supplies and pubs etc. The Welsh Mountain Zoo is a good day out if you have kids and Llandudno and Snowdonia National Park are a short drive if you want to extend your stay. If you are into skiing or snowboarding Llandudno has a snowflex slope at the top of the Great Orme.

Accommodation: Hot off the press!!

We have now been able to negotiate £5 per person per night. So result there.

However DO NOT book in advance. Space will be set aside for us and we just turn up on the day with a thing from us saying that you are with Party on the Pier.

We will probably have this deal for Friday night too.

It's called Dinarth Hall campsite.

Mrs Parry,
Rhos on Sea
Colwyn Bay
LL28 4PX
Tel 01492 548203.
It's a few miles away from Colwyn Bay but there isn't much else around.

Heulynmember
30 posts

Posted:
This sure sounds like some fun.
See you there ^_^

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

daisylouBRONZE Member
la di da di da
147 posts

Posted:
See you there Heulyn smile It's looking like its going to be a good one!

Weather forecast is grand - so beach volley, games on the beach, prom cycle path, skate park nearby, bar open till 3am

hope lots of you can make it smile xx

Heulynmember
30 posts

Posted:
This was funky, I learned so much (especially thanks to Ian, Dave and Emma!) =D
Thanks =D