Spinning @ Spitz is ata new location since jan 07:

We shall start spinning@ The Rag Factory

poi, staff, diablo, hoop, devilstix, hat, juggling, contact, balloons and more
6-30-10pm then pub
3 quid

for upto date information look for "spinning@" on facebook

Check it out:
The Rag Factory, 16-18 Heneage Street, London E1 5LJ

tube: Shorditch, aldgate east and liverpool street.

EDITED_BY: devkev (1255815336)

its all about the fun fun fun fun and more fun...

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Woot grin

Now all i need is a list of cool tricks to teach wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

FearpigSILVER Member
member - tee hee "member"
279 posts

Posted:
Ola!

7th October I'll be doing a rope dart workshop... I'll bring a couple of spares but if you can bring your own!

The best ropes to use are marine lines or cotton bondage rope (my favourite!) and I'd reckomend something soft on the end for a weight (tie a sock poi on the end of some rope for a basic one) for beginners.

See you on Tuesday ( ...or Friday at Luminopolis :~) )

"Whats wrong with the cat?" - Mrs Schrödinger

devkevSILVER Member
discoverer of phat and poigling
292 posts

Posted:
Hiya all

Hope your all well. Thanks tom for doing the rope dart workshop last Tuesday.

Next Tuesday we have Chris teaching some contact juggling and probably some ball “on the head” balancing. On the 21st, Durbs from burnt toast will be in teaching some cool tricks with poi and on the 28th, will is coming back to do some more ball juggling and numbers juggling work shops.

Please come and say hello and have a play.

If you want to run a workshop, please drop me an email.

Hugs

Kev

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
One day I shall get over the change in venue and actually make it down. Offers of hugs and cocktails may speed things up a bit... wink

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
I shall give you a hug Dubs!!
That's right, everyone's favourite Boy is in town :-D

Where and what time is it?

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
(from a few posts up)

Originally Posted By: devkev
You can find us from 6,30ish to 10ish at The Rag Factory, 16-18 Heneage Street, London E1 5LJ. We are only 7 mins walk from the old spitz venue.

tongue2

Nearest tube stop is Aldgate East

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

baldmanstranger
4 posts

Posted:
Hi all,
thought it was about time that i posted something on here. I'll be doing a contact workshop this tuesday (14/10/08) It would be really cool to have a few people come, as it helps to have a few people at the start. I'm always there opening up so i'm allways happy to teach, something. I'd also like to thank everyone that come's every week to support us. I feel it's important to keep spinning @ going. Please tell yor friends. It would be really cool to get more people every week. Thanks everyone see you on tuesday :-)

devkevSILVER Member
292 posts

Posted:
Hiya all

Don’t forget that this week we have durbs from the performing group “Burnt toast” coming in to share some cool poi tricks with you…

And the week after we have will back in with some more funky ball juggling

See you spinning@the rag factory this Tuesday from 6, 30 pm onwards

Kev smile

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Woo!
Yeah!
Go Toast!
etc. etc.

I believe there's even a strong Guildford contingent turning up this week too, so the night will probably descend into drunken chaos and abuse. Apologies in advance for that.

I've got a nice little list of tricks to teach people, hopefully of enough interest for most levels.
If there's anything in particular people would like to learn, let me know and i'll see what i can do smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

baldmanstranger
4 posts

Posted:
Hi all,
Thank to durbs for coming last tuesday. Also everone else that turned up, please keep coming along. As kev said wil is coming this tuesday for some cool ball juggeling stuff. I can always do some more contact with anyone who wants. Were hoping to have someone in the week after, but we are yet to confirm who. Either some more staff or a hoop workshop. Keep an eye on the tread for more info. See you all soon and keep playing smile

devkevSILVER Member
292 posts

Posted:
hiya all

it has been a great couple of weeks and last week we hit 60 people ... 1st time since we moved. Loads of teaching in poi, stilts and juggling.

next week we have jeb the jester comming in with his tight rope. so if you want to go out on the line.... come and have a go. Tom has also offered some beginners staff workshops....

I looking into colaborating with some other jugling clubs and groups to put on THE LONDON JUGGLERS XMAS PARTY. It will be at the rag factory where we play now but on friday the 12th december... keep it free and more info will follow.....

You can find us every tuesday from 6,30ish to 10ish at The Rag Factory, 16-18 Heneage Street, London E1 5LJ.

kev smile

p.s. when i say juggling i really mean all circus related activities.... not just ball juggling.

baldmanstranger
4 posts

Posted:
hiya all,

Well as kev said the last couple of weeks have been great around 60 people, so i just wanna thank you all for your support.

I'm really looking forward to the party it's gonna be loads of fun. Just wanted to add some news about that. I've been working on a live VJ project over the last month. The VJ i'm working with will be coming alone to the party to provide a live/interactive VJ thing. So don't forget your toys, as you all be part of the visual entertainment for the night.

I'm wont be able to come alone this week as i have a gig in bouenmouth, so i'll see you all next week. Don't give kev to much hassel smile soon all Chrisx

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
Well frock me it took ages to find this thread but I'm probably just locationally challenged. Anyway, I think a respectable period for mourning the death of old Spitz has now past and I am now ready to come to terms with this new Rag factory place. Hopefully bringing some other Guildfordianish peeps with me. See y'all tomorrow... grin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Ok... I really shall try to make it this week, especially as some guilfordianish people are there...

(I know i say this *every* time...)

Someone kick me into going please, or send my abusive texts, or offer me chocolate. Any of those three are bound to work.

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

devkevSILVER Member
292 posts

Posted:
XMAS PARTY FLIER IS HERE

https://www.homeofpoi.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=19848

we also have a V.J with live feedback
if you want to perform in the renigade... please let me know
bring a bottle cocktail bar... email me for suggestions on what you could bring.....

devkevSILVER Member
292 posts

Posted:
hey... are you comming to our party????

click here for the info:

PJB21experamentalist and chucker
21 posts

Posted:
oh christmas event, i shall try my best to make that, ill write it in the diary now infact.... mustn't forget. please like abuse me into comming as i still havent. would also be nice to meet you all before, so yeah ill try and isit before then, if only i can get the damn money! *sigh* i need a job...

PJB21

ZazieBRONZE Member
There Is No Spoon
68 posts

Posted:
JOY I will be there with bells and sprinkles.

Three years of my life that took. And I get; "... nice."

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Maybe. Depends if I can get someone to drive from Brizzle.

I'd best come up with some sort of renegade routine, huh?

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

ZazieBRONZE Member
There Is No Spoon
68 posts

Posted:
C'MON Ed! I'd drive you. Except I don't have a car. And I can't drive. And I'm not in Bristol. But still, all that hypothetical effort I'd put in for you, you need to put in whatever hard slog is necessary to get yourself there. Really.

Three years of my life that took. And I get; "... nice."

devkevSILVER Member
292 posts

Posted:
Hiya... another great week with loads of people and much poi teaching...

The party is getting close... please bring a bottle or beer or something. For suggestions on what to bring, (to ensure variety) please PM me...

I called it a renigade but its more like an open stage (please still heckle) as its happening from 8pm to 9,30. We already have many good acts so please come early...

Hugs

Kev
party info:

devkevSILVER Member
292 posts

Posted:
oh... did i mention there was a parth this friday??? we have a open stage / renigade show starting at 8pm.. then d'j's there after.....

come and have fun

kev smile

PJB21experamentalist and chucker
21 posts

Posted:
ill be there =) just trying to drag along as many friends as i can carry haha.

its not going so well... lol, but i should still be there, woo!

what is the open stage event? is that for you to perform a spin to a large audience, or for music or what?

should be really good

PJB21

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Can anyone help me in my quest for a bed during my visit to London?

Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Be Water My Friend.

devkevSILVER Member
292 posts

Posted:
Dear All

Our Xmas party was a great success… we had about 15 fantastic acts in the show and a turnout of about 150 people. We have raised some money to invest in some new toys and we have a little back up funds…

so a very big thank you to everyone who came and had a great night, a huge thanks to everyone who helped set up and take down the area…. it looked fab.

Thanks to all those who contributed drinks, lights and anything else,

And a special thanks to Chris brown for helping in the planning of the event…

What do you think of a summer party????

We will be meeting all Tuesdays through the Xmas and New Year and we hope to see you there…

Have fun….. We do!!!!

Kev smile

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Summer party sounds kick ass.

I had such a lovely time. Loads of playing which was exactly what i needed. smile

Was lovely to see SO MANY friends there to play and share fun time with.

You guys did good. Real good.

grin

Be Water My Friend.

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
great to hear the night was a huge success kevy.. well done dude grin

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Oh, and Zazie, you owe us all bells and sprinkles. tongue2

Be Water My Friend.

devkevSILVER Member
292 posts

Posted:
Dear all

I hope you have had a fabulous xmas rest… not too many hang overs….

We are still meeting at the rag factory every week even this Tuesday, so we would love to see you there. I would like us to run a programme of workshops again this year. If you would like to run one or you would like one run please let me know and we can work out a schedule.

Wishing you a fantastic new year..
hugs

Kev

hanrBRONZE Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
Hi smile
I did poi at uni which was a couple of years ago now so im very out of practise and tbh never got past the beginner moves! Is this meet up thing for anyone? Can i just turn up? part of me wants to and part of me is a bit scared!...

Page: