Forums > Videos > Very lame attempt at staff... be gentle!

Login/Join to Participate

Meeko_KiddoSILVER Member
journeyman
84 posts

Posted:
So I've only been doing staff a very small amount... meaning a few collective hours. But here is a video... be gentle! Thought maybe someone could check it out and give me a few hints or whatever they please.

Didnt really catch the music so it looks like im dancing to nothing. But anyways... here ya go!

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
I would say...

work on your planes: try to keep the momentum of the staff going - I'd suggest working on staff fountains to help with that, it'll give you lots of practise at the change between a side on weave with btb and over the head.

just keep practising and you'll get there smile

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

Meeko_KiddoSILVER Member
journeyman
84 posts

Posted:
Yeah Im working on that... I just moved into a house that has high enough ceilings and enough space to practice inside. Its too cold outside smile

But yeah I suck.... Ill keep practicing smile

thanks for the tips!

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
Honestly, you'll be doing that for about 2 weeks. Then after that you don't lok as silly, heh. I saw a pass that you did a couple of times, that i used to do, just recently got out of the habit, it's a pass behind your back that goes FROM verticle TO horizontal, instead of doing that (because you will make a habit out of it) try passing behind your head. The 2 BTB passes are either high pass or low pass. A good way to build those passing skills is to do pinwheels (https://mcp.tepookatoys.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=135&Itemid=31).

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Meeko_KiddoSILVER Member
journeyman
84 posts

Posted:
Yeah the passes Im REALLY shaky on... as Im doing it it doesnt really feel right so Im working on that. I know Ill look lame until I practice, but I have hardly practiced at all and sometimes Im totally in the "zone" and can do things I couldnt do but if I concentrate on doing it... cant do it again. So Im trying to take notice of the feel of the staff and my movements and when I notice myself doing something, keep that rhythm going without trying to concentrate too hard on repeating the movement... just let it come naturally.

But thanks for the tips... I will definitely work on that! Give me a few weeks and then Ill do another video to show my progress smile