Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Common Ground '08, - PLEASE Keep discussion in the '09 thread! :)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Welcome the the 2008 Common Ground Thread!

***SOLD OUT***

DO NOT TRANSFER ANY MONEY INTO OUR ACCOUNT USING DETAILS SOURCED FROM PEOPLE OTHER THAN US and think that that somehow qualifies you for a ticket after the sellout announcement!

We are going to begin returning payments made in this way. We appreciate your enthusiasm, but please please respect our limits -we have provided the max number we can have for the event.

------------

*ROLL UP* *ROLL UP*

TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE !

Please email [email]common-ground2006athotmail.com[/email] to request ticket numbers.

Early bird tickets avaliable till end of Aug or until sold out - $30
Not so early bird - $40 till end of September or until sold out
Didn't sort it out at all on the door tickets - $50 (only if available)

The dates for this years Common Ground are

Friday 3th of October to Monday 6th of October

For those living in states who celebrate Labour Day it falls on the 6th this year - which means an extra day to spend in the beautiful Adelaide hills. W00t

More soon......

EDITED_BY: Pyrolific (1241998294)

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
If you want a momento of CG - remember to bring a T-shirt or something to screen print the CG logo onto! Even a piece of fabric safety pinned onto a favourite jacket (one of my persona favourite ways of using screen print stuff) looks funky in a punk / ferral kinda way. CG doesn't do merch - thanks to Gnor for DIY'ing it! smile

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

PyrolificBRONZE Member
3,289 posts

Posted:
Thanks Hannah - I think there will probly be people interested in such things - I think there is someone running a macrame workshop too!

Fire wood would be good if its good wood, if its for the communal campfire - cuz we dont really want to use the pine we have on the campfire (smoky).

Josh

--

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Lol, I'd love to let my imagination run wild... but poi is all I know how to do!!!

I should get off HoP. CG has got me waaaay too excited about my toys.

hug

hannahfaerieplaying in the mud but looking for the sparkle
35 posts

Posted:
'I think there is someone running a macrame workshop too!'

Why does the word macrame always make me think of macaroni?

PyrolificBRONZE Member
3,289 posts

Posted:
hehe yeah me too!

Misguided Oracle, there will be 20L of D60 available on Friday Saturday and Sunday nights (thats 60 litres of D60!) for usage in the 'safe fire spinning area' (we will have a designated fire spinning space, so designated safety conscious people can be in attendance and make sure things are safe).

Obviously - no fire spinning in the camping area, and no fire breathing AT ALL, ANYWHERE, at CG.

--

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
i can't believe it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO close to cg time already!!! grin *squeeeeeeeeeee* bounce2

i leave friday morning, so it's only 5 sleeps for me!!! grin :bounce2:

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
wow! its my last night in england!... 4 hours til im meant to be awake again, but having a great last night in europe..

see you *all* on saturday! bounce2

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Friday Mostly cloudy
11 / 22°C 20%, < 1mm

Saturday Mostly cloudy
9 / 20°C 30%, < 1mm

hug

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
hey doods, i will be bringing down a set of C2 light poi that concentrate have recently released if ya want to try it out.

given the chance, i would like to try playing a lazy minimal/prog set of stuff i've been listening to lately smile

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
I'll squiz em, bender! grin

Fri: Some light rain. Min 11 Max 22

Sat: Becoming Fine. Min 9 Max 20

Sun: Showers. Min 7 Max 20

hug

6,978 posts

Posted:
if anyone's bringing a laptop with a DVD burner - would u mind if I can use it sometime during the weekend to burn copies of my photos? i will dance for the privilege*

*promise excludes hiphop, charlston or macarena styles.

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
ill have a laptop with a 'dvd multi recorder' in it.. i havent tried burning a dvd with it, but youre more than welcome dude smile

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: benderhey doods, i will be bringing down a set of C2 light poi that concentrate have recently released if ya want to try it out.

Sounds yummy!!!! Would love to have a burl! grin

&#2384;

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

PyrolificBRONZE Member
3,289 posts

Posted:
hehe - Chariston....the Sadhu's dance wink tongue2

--

jcrsGOLD Member
the floor is a sea of tigers...
404 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Pyrolifichehe yeah me too!

Misguided Oracle, there will be 20L of D60 available on Friday Saturday and Sunday nights (thats 60 litres of D60!) for usage in the 'safe fire spinning area' (we will have a designated fire spinning space, so designated safety conscious people can be in attendance and make sure things are safe).

Obviously - no fire spinning in the camping area, and no fire breathing AT ALL, ANYWHERE, at CG.
Way cool!
btw, I understand the ban on fire breathing. how about fire eating? if it's disallowed, i won't bother packing my skewers then.

thanks!

it's soooooo close now. so excited that i forgetting that i need to pack my bags!

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Will there be anywhere I can sneak off to do fire on my own at all?... I tend to feel self-concious around the peoples. I do possess my own D60 for the occasion.

hug

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
its a big place.. even though there's no fire permitted in the camping area (im correct in saying this, yes?) theres plenty of space to wander off from the main crowds to suit your comfortability.. its a great crowd though, so you may well find yourself comfortable right with all the other spinners..

hug

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
I hope that'll happen, pete. I'm not one that likes to be on my own, usually but a backup plan for uninhibited whirling is always prudent. smile

I do indeed look forward to this event... I leave for adelaide the day after tomorrow! After spending the night with relis I'll be down there nice and early that morning! grin

Look forward to meeting a bunch of you crazy kids... I'll be the one holding poi! tongue2

hug

6,978 posts

Posted:
the fire circle ain't a small place.
Mother_Natures_Son, despite the casual atmosphere at CG we have to respect the limits on where we can set fire to equipment.
Getting a permit for any outdoor multi-day event in Australia is usually a big fat pain - let's do our part to not make it any harder yeah? you have glow equipment if you want to spin away from teh permitted fire zone. given the size of Sparkey's fire hoop last year, you'll get an idea of how much space u can have in the fire area smile

Non-Https Image Link

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
True, I have indeed got glow equip. I'll just use CG as a way to work on poi'ing around people.

I altered my handles on my fire poi... they were unusable double loops, now I've got single loops that I can actually use! grin grin grin

hug

6,978 posts

Posted:
yeah open single loops are the key to technical poi throws. On sunday night i will show you the special spewmanti goon throw. no poi needed, but u might want a towel and some holy water.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I'm going to have to be doing homework at CG.

*cries*

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

6,978 posts

Posted:
still, on the bright side, you will be doing homework while surrounded by nice wholesome company and Dentrassi.

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
I wont be there but i was surrounded by Dentrassi last night.... I really should stop reading this thread, make me sad that i'm missing out!

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
That Dentrassi...can't take him anywhere!

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Rouge DragonI'm going to have to be doing homework at CG.

*cries*

Or better yet, others can help you with your homework!
You'll have a physicist for any physics you have...
I'm sure there would be art majors around...

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I'd need people with near-native competency in Japanese and experts in Latin American culture frown Someone with near-native competency in Spanish wouldn't go astray either.

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
my japanese is awesome now.. i hear that bens quite the expert on latin american culture.. and everyone knows how good bretts spanish is.. sorted smile

hug

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Friday Some light rain. Min 11 Max 22
Saturday Becoming fine. Min 9 Max 20
Sunday Shower or two. Min 7 Max 20
Monday Possible shower. Min 8 Max 17
Tuesday Mainly fine. Min 10 Max 19

hug

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
im surrounding people now... well i have put on a bit of weight recently but i didnt think it was THAT bad.

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Page: ......