Forums > Social Discussion > Health Retreats in Thailand (Koh Samui) recommendations?

Login/Join to Participate

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Hey all,

My mother wants to go to Thailand at the end of Feb (pref Koh Samui or somewhere equally idyllic) and do a 7 day detox/rejuvenation/health type retreat, and she wants to take me with her biggrin . She has pretty much left the decision on where to go to me, so I've been researching and have found a significant number of places on Koh Samui, with vastly varying prices and programs, but am wondering whether anyone here has recommendations or personal experiences to share and aid in my decision.

My mother is in her 50's and not really a spartan-shack-on-the-beach-with-bucket-for-a-toilet kinda lady. I also don't want her spending top dollar on an overpriced, fat tourist pre-fab experience.

Ideally, we'd like to go to a lovely place with decent amenities, good healthy food and that offers a program for 'wellness' - exercise, yoga, spa treatments, massages, activities etc but that isn’t hard-line about daily high-colonics and 4.30am meditation. It would be nice to have a little free time to explore the surrounds and/or read a book by the pool etc.

Any advice much appreciated. ubbrollsmile

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Thanks Malcolm! I'll report back for sure.

Although it looks as though we're not going for a detox program anymore and have relented to days sipping cocktails by the pool and a 700m walk to the nearest beach as "rigorous exercise" lol

My only concern is spending 7 days straight with my mother. haha

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.