sp1ke333SILVER Member
24 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone! I saw this move on the beginner section but I can't really understand what it is...It looks like a crosser or a "double" tuck turn but I'm not sure and I can't really understand it from the video. Can someone describe me every single step of the move? Thank you very much!

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
Name: Meltdown (waistwrap, reel, wall)

Description: This move is kind of wall plane waist-

wrap. Have two lower and upper reel part.

-Hand behind the back, at the opposite side, spin-

ning in the front.

-Hand in front of you, above the shoulder, at the

opposite side, spinning behind the head.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Going into a notebook for late..

I feel better now,

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
looks a bit like a huggy, but less lovable, and more flailing, lol

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

FoxxyLoveSILVER Member
~An elegantly bound book in a language you can't read~
43 posts

Posted:
Is a meltdown like a low-wave except higher and closer to your body? I'm going to be harassing the crap outta the forums until I get this one down haha.

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?” -Alice

Kusanaginewbie
23 posts

Posted:
I'm trying to figure this one out myself. It almost looks like a low wave but instead of getting your hand back in front, it goes up and swings across... But then again, I may just have hit myself on the head one too many times ubbloco

I can't do it... Will sleep on it.

Duct tape is like the Force: it has a light side, a dark side, and it hold the universe together.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
That's one ugly-ass move - especially in the video ubblol

Also the name makes no sense, perhaps "Breakdown" would be better as it looks like you're having one when you do it? wink

I think i'd break it down as follows:
LH one beat behing the other, leading with RH;
~ Across, btb, LA carry to over the shoulder
Split time.

(Is it obvious I'm stuck inside in the office on a beautiful sunny day?)

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

NathanielEveristSILVER Member
enthusiast
315 posts

Posted:
Wow, the guy in that video has got weird meltdowns. I understood a meltdown to be one hand in the waistwrap position, while the other is in a crosser position, one arm going around the back for a beat in front, while the other arm goes around the front for a beat behind the back. Does that make sense?

You can have butterfly and same-time meltdowns too.

poinoobSILVER Member
45 posts

Posted:
ah the joys of move naming the confusion the arguements ..... but yeah as far as my opinion counts a meltdown is an alternating full body crosser with out a whole beat of said crosser but there is as many var as there is ppl that do them with that said yes there is butterfly meltdowns and someone can prolly do them antispun

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
Nick woolsey had a bonus video on waist wraps which had a brief section on meltdowns. Also there is a great meltdown tutorial on encyclo-poi-dio dvd by zan. The latter is where i learned meltdowns from.

They dont look sloppy if you do them clean and turn them into giant meltdown then a waistwrap or whatever else

NathanielEveristSILVER Member
enthusiast
315 posts

Posted:
Meltdowns both look and feel fantastic if you do them well. The person in that video was not doing them well. They link perfectly with reel combinations and btb weaves too.

esmokahSILVER Member
journeyman
75 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Geeza

They dont look sloppy if you do them clean and turn them into giant meltdown then a waistwrap or whatever else

I had a giant meltdown one, wasn't pretty.

I've never seen a supernova blow up, but if it's anything like my old chevy nova it'll light up the night sky!