Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Brackets and Jam to come to Ipswich QLD, Aust POI performers wanted

Login/Join to Participate

dancingtigernewbie
20 posts

Posted:
Brackets and Jam

Friday February 15th from 7 PM

South St Club South St, Ipswich

Tickets: Adults - $10.00 Students 12-18 $5.00 U/12 FREE

Brackets and Jam is a fun filled night where almost anything can happen!

An eclectic mix of featured artists, impromptu performances and 2 mega jam sessions that gets everyone involved one way or another.

All performing artists are welcome to come along and drop their name in the hat for their chance to perform or just join in the jam sessions.

Not so talented or too shy? No problem just come along and enjoy the wonderful talent Ipswich has to offer or boogie away during the jams.

Money raised will go toward performing arts projects for Ipswich residents

Featured acts for February are:

Aunty Rhonda Collard - Elder, singer and dancer

Dancing Tiger Belly Dance - Ipswich's ONLY professional belly dance troupe

Caribbean Trading Companies - Argh Pirates, Sword fighting and the odd kidnapping!

We are looking for one more feature act for the 15th !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring your drums, bring your bells bring your voices and your dancing shoes and grab your 5 mins of fame!

Brackets and Jam has been running in NSW for 10 years with great success and now this community based event has come to Ipswich.

Would LOVE to see some poi here.

For information please phone Idell 32887077

EDITED_BY: dancingtiger (1200021307)

dancingtigernewbie
20 posts

Posted:
Any one near Ipswich with some poi or fire twirling want to come along and perform?

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
sounds like fun, but you may find that a number of spinnery types will be at earthfreq (a doof) that weekend. I know I will be if I can manage to find myself kiddie-free...

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

dancingtigernewbie
20 posts

Posted:
Hi Pogo

Thanks for letting me know. Brackets and Jam will run 3rd Friday of every month Feb-November so there are plenty of opportunities for people to come along

Regards
Idell

dancingtigernewbie
20 posts

Posted:
Monies raised from these events will be invested back into the local performing arts community. Sponsorship of events. Funding for courses or competitions etc.
Any one who performs will be investing in opportunities for themselves and fellow entertainers

Regards
Idell

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
no worries, idell... I used to live out in ipswich, so it once would have been most convenient, but I don't get out west very much anymore.

kudos for helping to give ipswich something to do... tongue

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

dancingtigernewbie
20 posts

Posted:
That's a shame we are in dire need of a regular spinner as we were badly let down by someone and now have paid gigs as well as workshops etc and no one to do them!

dancingtigernewbie
20 posts

Posted:
Bump!

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
Great to hear about the good stuff going on!
I've got a good friend and spinner who was a long time Ipswich dweller (no more I'm afraid) I'll ask him if he knows anyone. Sorry to hear you were let down, nothing crazy or dangerous I hope?

Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Ya, so far as I know the let down was an annoyingly late no real reason unprofessional pull out by a performer: Idell, I would love to be able to help you out on this one but I have tickets to see some bands that night.. UB40 and Katchafire etc.. there are some folks out Gatton way...
Arer you after fire or is it more an indoors/glowies/tails setting?

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

keyarghahPLATINUM Member
Woodford is Goodford..!
241 posts

Posted:
bummeddddddd im going up on the 16th.. one night too late! and i wouldve loved to perform for you guys.

next time ay

'FREE HUGGIES!!'

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
Ah I would have made the trip down, but am meant to be taking my grandma out for dinner that night. Hope you find someone weavesmiley

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"