Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Twirling, drumming and musical gatherings in Brisbane??

Login/Join to Participate

Paulynewbie
15 posts

Posted:
I'm not sure if this is the right spot for this, but i have looked and searched and i dont know where else to ask.

Im looking to find some of these type of parties around the Brisbane (300km radius) area.

Very similar to the full moon parties at Shorncliffe before they were shutdown.

Does anyone know of, or know where i can find out about these sort of parties? Its seems you either have to know someone or get lucky to find them. All im keen on is a place to do a bit of firetwirling, play some guitar and do some drumming with some like minded people. Even parties specific to these activities are fine by me, my partner and I are just trying to meet some like minded people and spend some productive time doing what we love. (Camping, dancing, drumming, twirling, and music jams)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated

Cheers,

Pauly

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
There are threads for most of these gatherings if you want more details but basically....

Juggle Jam- Monday Nights @ Southbank Piazza

West End First Fest - Every Full Moon at Davies Park, West End

Tuesday Nights @ Mowbray Park (Is there a name for this nathan?)

Those are the only that I am 100% sure are still going, there were others but haven't been in a while.

There are lots of other one off activites like doofs, festivals etc, best to look on oztrance for those smile

Oh and I will get in before gabe and say, WOODFORD biggrin hug Probably the best combination of camping, music, firespinning i know of
EDITED_BY: Basstones (1197600347)

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

Paulynewbie
15 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the info!

I spend a fair bit of time in the doof scene and im going to Woodford for 6 days this year, so both will fullfill those needs quite well i think.

Never been to the davies park full moon party. Did it take up where Shorncliffe left off or has it been going for a while?

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
It was originally every thursday night a bit further down the river at Orleigh park, but for a few reasons the venue/time changed.

Hope to see at some of the coming doofs and events then smile Are you going to exodus?

Paulynewbie
15 posts

Posted:
No unfortunately, Im heading off to woodford for the week, so by the time i get back and push myself off to work after the break, both the bank balance and head might need a little rest :-p

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
Ah I know the feeling, I did the exact same thing last year . Good fun but exhausting.

January is going to be a very fun month biggrin

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Pauly

Im heading off to woodford for the week,

Hi Pauly! Come visit us in Circadia! Lots of Brissy folk and teachers and players and assorted ravers there and you will have a ball. No drumming, but mucho other good stuff. ubbrollsmile

There's going to be a nice gathering near Taree after Chrissy too... Dentrassi! Where's a linky?

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Paulynewbie
15 posts

Posted:
I sure will :-)

I'd love to see the link for Taree if anyone has it? Cheers

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

Methinks this will be a chill event rather than a rave-up but no doubt lovely folks...

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....