technicaltitch1newbie
3 posts

Posted:
I havent seen this before so thought i'd share it

its a 16 beat fountain in the wall plane - by adding an extra twist (like that in the 5-weave) at each of the transitions from behind me to infront of me.

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
"Alien sad, that this is 22 beat fountain."

How many fingers he have?

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
I'll wait for someone to tell you about fountains, and also say that this doesn't belong in Advanced.

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

technicaltitch1newbie
3 posts

Posted:
It belongs in advanced - it is trickier than the 5-weave.

I'd also be interested to hear why you don't think it is a fountain. Perhaps you only watched the first few seconds?

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Sorry dude, I'm with LTC, it's not advanced in my book. If a BTB waistwrap is beginner, so is this!

It IS, however, a fountain. I'd call it a 4-beat weave fountain, cause the twisty hand transitions only come on the front to behind transitions.

Try doing a full 5bt weave fountain. They're fun. biggrin

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

ImbalanceGOLD Member
not different, just not the same
263 posts

Posted:
oh no, please no one start the "what defines a fountain" argument again... i don't know if my tender sensibilities can take it....

I once learned every move that there was,
Every style, Every technique.
Then I woke up, and forgot it all,
So now I struggle to dream.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
 Written by: technicaltitch1

It belongs in advanced - it is trickier than the 5-weave.

I'd also be interested to hear why you don't think it is a fountain. Perhaps you only watched the first few seconds?

I did watch the whole thing. the spinning is that fast, and the poi that difficult to see, that it appears to contain a windmill... wink

So basically, what you have here is a three beat fountain, with little bursts of Five beat weave to take you from '12 beats' to '16 beats'. Am I right? wink If soneone can explain to me why I might be wrong, I'm happy to listen.

I can do a three beat fountain that has over double that number of beats. just means I move my arms in a slower circle than you. wink

ANyways, I'm gonna use my super powers to move this to Beginner. smile EDIT: my super powers don't seem to be working, so I'll ask someone else to do it instead.
EDITED_BY: Look_This_Changes (1196947683)

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I have to agree I'm afraid, it's harder then a 5 beat weave, but only by as much as a regular fountain is harder than a 3 beat weave, so it really belongs in the beginner section.
I quite like it though.

So, time to dig out my mystical mouse of thread moving *clickity click*

I wish I had better superpowers than that.
*throws pellet onto the floor and leaves in a cloud of smoke*

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

squidBRONZE Member
sanguine
382 posts

Posted:
 Written by: TheBovrilMonkey

I wish I had better superpowers than that.
*throws pellet onto the floor and leaves in a cloud of smoke*

You must have been in that Ninja Day Parade. wink

"to a man whose only tool is a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail." Abraham Maslow

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
it /might/ be a fountain, but that doesnt make it harder. It looks like 5-beat fw (one side only?) high carry 5-beat rw (one side only?) low carry back. there seems to be some windmills in some of it?

its not really any harder than a 5-beat weave.

I agree - if 3bt BTB WW is beginner then this certainly is beginner too.

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

technicaltitch1newbie
3 posts

Posted:
Fair enough thanks!

Curious to know either where Sambo_Flux's extra twists would go, or how Look_This_Changes could fit in more beats by slowing down - I can't get my head round those suggestions and would like to. Could either of you (or anyone else!) elaborate please?

Someone on youtube suggested a buzzsaw but pretty sure this is impossible without inserting a weave, as my wrists are twisted round each other and would need to unwrap.

I've found this switches nicely in and out of a rotating non-wall-plane 5-weave where on one side the poi are low and the other, they're high. (Not pretending this is at all tricky, just aesthetically nice.)

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
5bt weave fountain: do a 5bt weave forwards, then turn into a 5 bt weave backwards. Then go the other way, back to forwards 5bt weave, turning back the way you came. Then do the forwards to backwards transition low and the backwards to forwards one up high. You're now doing a 5bt weave fountain.

You can also insert a 4bt windmill at the top for a ludicrous number of beats to the whole pattern. Hope that helps dude! smile

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?