Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Synergy Spinners: Wednesday poi and hoop workshop in Clapham, London

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
DreadnautGOLD Member
Dready Teddy
53 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

Synergy Spinners is a weekly spinning meet, currently happening every wednesday evening from 8pm - midnight at

Wessex House
1a St Johns Hill
London SW11 1TN

The venue is a nightclub opposite Clapham Junction train station, so very easy to get to.

We have use of the club soundsystem and have guest DJs playing just for us!

Entry is just £3.

Please join our facebook group for updates on DJs, special events like full moon fire spins, plus photos and videos from previous meets.

Alex is also teaching 6 week poi courses for beginners and intermediates, from 7.30-9pm. Places must be booked and paid for in advance.

for more information contact me at synergyspinners@yahoo.co.uk smile or join the Synergy Spinners facebook group for regular updates

hopefully see you there!! biggrin

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Oi - am I not not enough for you? wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
You're moving to Sydney anyway Gayboy! You and your Ladyfriend!

nana

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

DreadnautGOLD Member
Dready Teddy
53 posts

Posted:
irony overload Dave!

yeah hopefully this should stay running over the summer, but I'll need help if I'm away at a festival or something.

The party idea didn't really work, most people still left before midnight. But we carried on til dawn, and there was lots of space for those who stayed.

Maybe I'll do it again if I get enough requests...

DreadnautGOLD Member
Dready Teddy
53 posts

Posted:
just a little bump to remind everyone that this is still happening..

I won't be there this week as I'm DJing at the inSpiral Lounge in Camden, but if anyone wants to take on the organisation (i.e making sure the soundsystem gets setup on time and donations are collected) let me know smile

back to usual next week...

DreadnautGOLD Member
Dready Teddy
53 posts

Posted:
no meet this week as its the Synergy Project at SeOne (I still have a few concessions places available but u need to text me NOW if you want one)

next week back to normal-ish though there will be an allnight Edensounds party afterwards.. spinners are welcome to stay as long as they've paid their £3 donation

more info on the Synergy Project at www.thesynergyproject.org
more info on Edensounds at www.edensounds.net

DreadnautGOLD Member
Dready Teddy
53 posts

Posted:
this week we will be upstairs with a little soundsystem..

also as I'm getting quite a few DJ bookings on Fridays at the moment and with festival season coming I want to know if its worth carrying on running this meet

please post on this thread if you would like it to continue, or maybe move to another day, or take a summer break.. thanks smile

Blue48SILVER Member
36 posts

Posted:
Hey all - just moved to London a couple of months ago, and haven't had time to spin in forever, but really want to get back into it. Will anything be going on next Friday?

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
This meet is on hold for the summer. There's a Facebook group with more info.

DreadnautGOLD Member
Dready Teddy
53 posts

Posted:
Synergy Spinners is back!!

Relaunching next Friday, 5th December 7-11pm @ the Synergy Centre.

After an extended summer break, we are excited to be meeting once again on Friday evenings for lots of poi and staff spinning, hula hooping, juggling, diabolo, devilstick, contact ball, frisbee, and anything else we can think of to play with.

please invite your friends and lets make this massive!
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=46767144121

next confirmed dates are Friday 19th December, and Friday 2nd January.. if there's enough interest after that we can go weekly again smile

purplemagicstranger
2 posts

Posted:
I am new to this but i will come check it out!

purplemagic

DreadnautGOLD Member
Dready Teddy
53 posts

Posted:
SYNERGY SPINNERS HAS MOVED!

The old Synergy Centre on Farmers Road is no more. We had some good times there. We hope to be able to move to the old Buddhist Centre in Waterloo very shortly, but in the meantime Synergy Spinners will be taking place at

Vauxhall Gardens Community Centre,
100 Vauxhall Walk, SE11 5EL
Just a five minute walk from Vauxhall station, across the park.

It is a very friendly community-run space, with an outdoors area for fire spinning and smoking.

At the moment we are mainly a beginners poi and staff workshop, with lessons by Alex and Adrien from 8-10pm.

Donations of £3 are requested, the money goes towards making new toys for the workshops, as well as our travel expenses.

6 week intensive poi courses will also soon be available for £60 / £40 concessions.

for more information contact me at synergyspinners@yahoo.co.uk

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Wow! I didn't Adrien was talking about this when he told me he is teaching at Vauxhall! I will try and make it down for next Friday! grin

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

booya!SILVER Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
This sounds really cool! Is this still going?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Try emailing the email address smile

synergyspinners@yahoo.co.uk

DreadnautGOLD Member
Dready Teddy
53 posts

Posted:
Hi guys

just to let you know we have now moved to Monday nights, 8-10pm

still at VGCC, address as above smile

DreadnautGOLD Member
Dready Teddy
53 posts

Posted:
argh! we just lost another venue! frown

we are now meeting on Wednesday evenings, 7-10pm

at Wessex House
1a St Johns Hill
Clapham Junction

hope to see you there!

DreadnautGOLD Member
Dready Teddy
53 posts

Posted:
just a quick bump to let you know this is still happening at Wessex House smile

DreadnautGOLD Member
Dready Teddy
53 posts

Posted:
we're starting to get busier now.. got a regular turnout of about 12 spinners smile

and I still have one place left for my beginners poi course starting this wednesday.. email me if you're interested smile

DreadnautGOLD Member
Dready Teddy
53 posts

Posted:
with the weather getting warmer now, I'm going to stop running the meet at Wessex House, and start meeting outside instead.

This week will be the last meet at Wessex House, and we'll have a big Wessex House leaving party with lots of DJs, and free food and drink.

Next week we'll meet on Clapham Common for a Full Moon Fire Spin smile

my next beginners poi course will start on May 5th

DreadnautGOLD Member
Dready Teddy
53 posts

Posted:
just a quick bump to let you all know we are back again at Wessex House (address above) every wednesday from 8pm - midnight.

Please join the Synergy Spinners facebook group for more regular updates, photos, videos etc smile

Page: