Page:
ACTSILVER Member
enthusiast
318 posts

Posted:
So do the celebs have to be well known for this competition or could we use local celebs?

Also why couldnt you make the kid comp 6 and under? frown I have the perfect pic but he is to old *sniff* Its okay I just wanna raze you guys about it smile

Don't hate me because I am different, hate me because I still think I am better then you!

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the answer
Succinct, precise and knowledgeable - I salute you

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Way to put people up on pedestals! Who Cares Celeb or not... We are all just People art we? Money Changes People anyway...

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

ACTSILVER Member
enthusiast
318 posts

Posted:
 Written by: FireNix

Thanks for the answer
Succinct, precise and knowledgeable - I salute you

Thats US laws though.... NZ's laws are different I am sure. George? Where art thou......

I kind of have to know these stuff being a photographer. smile

Don't hate me because I am different, hate me because I still think I am better then you!

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
To be honest I'm not sure what the law says other than there's no sueing, but we would tend to apply common sense or "Golden rule" law/guideline - as in how would people want to be treated themselves and therefore use photo's sensibly, with taste and remove if requested.

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

OrbitSILVER Member
enthusiast
270 posts

Posted:
Here's an example of how hard "celebrity" may be to define. Sally Phillips spins poi (and is HILARIOUS in pointing out typical poi spinner behavior) in I believe the first episode of "Jam and Jerusalem" ("Clatterford" in the US on BBC America). But outside of England, I don't think she counts as a "Celebrity" -- so would she count?
EDITED_BY: Orbit (1198232703)

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
What an odd competition...

Have to be lucky to even have a chance of entering it. I know I haven't had a chance.

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

ACTSILVER Member
enthusiast
318 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Orbit

Here's an example of how hard "celebrity" may be to define. Sally Phillips spins poi (and is HILARIOUS in pointing out typical poi spinner behavior) in I believe the first episode of "Jam and Jerusalem" ("Clatterford" in the US on BBC America). But outside of England, I don't think she counts as a "Celebrity" -- so would she count?

Sure why not? I dont know who Dooper Dog is but I do now because of the competition.

@Basstones- Thats why they changed it to look a likes to, Santa, elvis etc..... You could do impersonations of Elfvis magic cards wink

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hmm...

Antti... you have pics of you doing fire knife with the Cirque du Soleil crew... they're pretty famous in these circles... you could enter that biggrin

x

Getting to the other side smile

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
damn I have no chance of meeting a celebrity before the summer festival season frown

does photo shop count ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

ACTSILVER Member
enthusiast
318 posts

Posted:
Sadly mynci no, if it did I would have more entries LOL

mmc08stranger
8 posts

Posted:
My husband is the bass drummer in Saor Patrol - they are famous in Scotland anyway.... does that count?

Page: