• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Page: 12
ACT
SILVER Member since Nov 2007

ACT

enthusiast

Total posts: 318
Posted:So do the celebs have to be well known for this competition or could we use local celebs?

Also why couldnt you make the kid comp 6 and under? frown I have the perfect pic but he is to old *sniff* Its okay I just wanna raze you guys about it smile

Don't hate me because I am different, hate me because I still think I am better then you!

Delete Topic

FireNix
BRONZE Member since Apr 2001

FireNix

old hand

Total posts: 904
Posted:Thanks for the answer
Succinct, precise and knowledgeable - I salute you

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Delete

FireSpirit
SILVER Member since Mar 2001

FireSpirit

Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing

Total posts: 743
Posted:Way to put people up on pedestals! Who Cares Celeb or not... We are all just People art we? Money Changes People anyway...

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

Delete

ACT

ACT

enthusiast

Posted: Written by: FireNix

Thanks for the answer
Succinct, precise and knowledgeable - I salute you

Thats US laws though.... NZ's laws are different I am sure. George? Where art thou......

I kind of have to know these stuff being a photographer. smile

Don't hate me because I am different, hate me because I still think I am better then you!

Delete

georgemc
BRONZE Member since Mar 2017

georgemc

Sitting down facing forward . . .

Total posts: 2387
Posted:To be honest I'm not sure what the law says other than there's no sueing, but we would tend to apply common sense or "Golden rule" law/guideline - as in how would people want to be treated themselves and therefore use photo's sensibly, with taste and remove if requested.

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

Delete

Orbit
SILVER Member since Dec 2003

Orbit

enthusiast

Total posts: 270
Posted:Here's an example of how hard "celebrity" may be to define. Sally Phillips spins poi (and is HILARIOUS in pointing out typical poi spinner behavior) in I believe the first episode of "Jam and Jerusalem" ("Clatterford" in the US on BBC America). But outside of England, I don't think she counts as a "Celebrity" -- so would she count?
EDITED_BY: Orbit (1198232703)

Delete

Basstones
GOLD Member since Mar 2006

Basstones

Do you do the poiz?

Total posts: 530
Posted:What an odd competition...

Have to be lucky to even have a chance of entering it. I know I haven't had a chance.

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

Delete

ACT

ACT

enthusiast

Posted: Written by: Orbit

Here's an example of how hard "celebrity" may be to define. Sally Phillips spins poi (and is HILARIOUS in pointing out typical poi spinner behavior) in I believe the first episode of "Jam and Jerusalem" ("Clatterford" in the US on BBC America). But outside of England, I don't think she counts as a "Celebrity" -- so would she count?

Sure why not? I dont know who Dooper Dog is but I do now because of the competition.

@Basstones- Thats why they changed it to look a likes to, Santa, elvis etc..... You could do impersonations of Elfvis magic cards wink

Delete

Malcolm
SAPPHIRE Member since Nov 2003

Malcolm

HOP admin

Total posts: 1002
Posted:Pele reckoned I look like Margaret Thatcher one day when I wore a dress. Hmmm, I wonder if I can find that dress rolleyes

"May your balls always burn"

Delete

_Clare_
BRONZE Member since Oct 2002

_Clare_

Still wiggling

Total posts: 5967
Posted:Hmm...

Antti... you have pics of you doing fire knife with the Cirque du Soleil crew... they're pretty famous in these circles... you could enter that biggrin

x

Getting to the other side smile

Delete

Mynci
BRONZE Member since Apr 2005

Mynci

Macaque of all trades

Total posts: 8737
Posted:damn I have no chance of meeting a celebrity before the summer festival season frown

does photo shop count ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Delete

ACT

ACT

enthusiast

Posted:Sadly mynci no, if it did I would have more entries LOL

Delete

mmc08

mmc08

stranger

Total posts: 8
Posted:My husband is the bass drummer in Saor Patrol - they are famous in Scotland anyway.... does that count?

Delete

Page: 12