RicheeIImember
37 posts

Posted:
Lat. [Orbis pictus] - World in pictures

Inspirated by teaching method developed by education reformator Jan Amos Komensky.

----------------------

POI

----------------------

Non-Https Image Link

Poi, the object, the thing we like and play with has three main parts. Loop, ring, knot, some handle where you hold them. Then string, chain, body, some tale connecting handle with ball, wick the head.

----------------------

TIME

----------------------

Non-Https Image Link

Time, relation between two Poi and their direction. They can move same or opposite direction to each other. When they move same direction together, following the same path it's called parallel. When they move the same direction, but half path, half a way from eah other it's alternate. When they move opposite dirrcetion, their heads allways met, cross they paths. When they met 'at 6 and 12 a clock' it's buttefly. When they met at '3 and 9 a clock', it's split.

----------------------

CIRCLE

----------------------

Non-Https Image Link

Circle, according to it's center and lenght of your Poi is the shape that the Poi head creates. When the center of the circle is your shoulder and you move the Poi, like prolonging your hand, than we call it long arm. When the center is your elbow and you spin only with half of your hand, than it's called an elbow. When the center is your hand, then you create the circle only by the Poi, is called circle again. When you short your Poi, that the small circle got a name buzzsaw.

----------------------

PLANE

----------------------

Non-Https Image Link

Plane, place in relation with your body, the Poi passes during the spin. When you spin bettween your hands, in the middle, than the place is buzzsaw. Closer to the middle, between your hand and body is inside or sometime inversion. Where your hand is moving is hand plane, but people like to call it wheel or wall plane in case of they're at your side or one in the back and one in the front of you. Where the Poi head moves, lay Poi plane and when you prolong your hand, you can get the Poi head to touch the outside.

---------------------------------------

I've met a saylor, who let me see the world, like weaves in the ocean.

echo in my mind,

:R

DEDICATED to BEUTIFULL MECHANIC COMPUTER PROGRAM.

BINARY DIVISION

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Pretty - though "tale" is a mightily confusing word to use for the chain, as "tails" and more commonly the ribbons off the poi.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
richee, your poi theory amazes me, every time, without fail.. but i still cant entirely understand it smile

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

RicheeIImember
37 posts

Posted:
What you can't entirely understand?

lightning,

BINARY DIVISION

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
i understand the 'plane' bit.. but cannot understand the 'circle' and 'time' section

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

LizzybethLizzy hearts sunshine hoop
272 posts

Posted:
eeeeep......its amazing!

if i could be a busy busy bee...

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Rather than 'tale' the term 'body' has been used in discussion before which I found to be more clear. Interesting stuff though smile

RicheeIImember
37 posts

Posted:
I did some minor text edit.

good note,

BINARY DIVISION

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
ok, im pretty sure i understand the 'time' one now.. but cannot work out why the circles are all towards the left in the 'circle' part. on the other hand.. i do understand what you mean in both of them, thankyou smile

hug

RicheeIImember
37 posts

Posted:
(Also the 'time' for butterfly and split could have better initial possition.)

I'm left hander, that might make a sense.

lightning,

BINARY DIVISION