PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
First of all, it makes perfect sense this happened in Florida.

Secondly, OMFG people! How desperate do you have to be?????? eek
Too disgusting for words

The part about the main complaint being the taste of sewage that doesn't leave the mouth for days is funny tho. ubblol
If they are stupid enough to do itm then they deserve it.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
 Written by: the article

Perhaps he's realized that his "CONFIDENTIAL" September 26 report--which is authentic, according to a sheriff's official--may be itself full of [censored]. Ganich's alert reminds us of a New York Fire Department memo from a chief who also apparently never heard of snopes.com.

(bolded and linked by myself)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Rank! is all I will say!.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
And yet, as an aunt of a twit in Florida, I can tell you the kids are talking about it...and some are trying it (my niece didn't but my sister was sent this as my nieces friend did try it after a news report on the tv)

I didn't say it worked...but that people are even trying it...wtf?

Pele

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
..and this just in...

ubblol "monkey juice" ubblol

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
*99% likely to be hoax* is all I'll say

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
And it's not even April 1 yet...

Sorry, I don't buy it.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

xjereBRONZE Member
38 posts

Posted:
It doesn't sound plausible, but then again, if you have people that will huff HCFC, you might get someone crazy enough to thing that huffing the methane/sulfides in human waste is a good idea.

I mean, it's free, right?

Who wants to see a monkey on fire?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Okay..doubters...I know someone who did it. I've spoken with him. It's nasty...then again, so is he. He's also been arrested before on other drug charges so...my niece doesn't choose her friends well.

He didn't say he got high to me, just that he felt funny...cause you know...sniffing methane (effectively) will do that. rolleyes

Pele

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Pillocks. If their life that crap that they have to sniff sewage. But its their stupid choice to make.

On the subject of choices....

See the Bindeez toys have been recalled.

The New South Wales Government has temporarily banned the sale of a popular children's toy because a compound found in the so called magic beads closely resembles the illegal hallucinogenic drug known as GHB (gammahydroxybutyric).

A two-year-old and a 10-year-old were admitted to a Sydney hospital over the past week and a half, after swallowing beads from the Bindeez brand of toy. The children were unconscious when they were admitted to hospital, and suffered seizures

article

Not sure how it got past toxicity tests, there were some rumours of contamination of the toys

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Pele

Okay..doubters...I know someone who did it.

ya that's certainly a downside of the internet: even more rapid transmission of craziness.. hoax report turns to wikipedia entry to actuality in days!

But Knoxious, I don't get your post at all. The article you linked to seeems to be a pretty straight up report of some nasty drug mixing. Am I missing a twist somewhere?

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
So that explains it.....

I just went camping, and every single outhouse I went to was absolutely packed with teenagers. wink

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Gnor

Pillocks. If their life that crap that they have to sniff sewage. But its their stupid choice to make.

On the subject of choices....
See the Bindeez toys have been recalled.
The New South Wales Government has temporarily banned the sale of a popular children's toy because a compound found in the so called magic beads closely resembles the illegal hallucinogenic drug known as GHB (gammahydroxybutyric).

A two-year-old and a 10-year-old were admitted to a Sydney hospital over the past week and a half, after swallowing beads from the Bindeez brand of toy. The children were unconscious when they were admitted to hospital, and suffered seizures

article
Not sure how it got past toxicity tests, there were some rumours of contamination of the toys

Holy crap!
And I thought the mass recall of toys here for lead contamination was bad!

Pele

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
I wonder how many people went out and bought those toys to suck on the beads

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
its just a trick to play on freshmen, a modern version of drinking bongwater.

tho seeing as a local police man, several national and international news agencies picked up on the story without thinking about it, im not supprised it appeared on here.

still, it would be nice if once in a while peaple thought before linking. like hoax virus emails.

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
https://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/jenkem.asp

I dunno... snopes says its undetermined. I'm taking the doubters side on this. I think the only people that may have *started* doing this are the people that may have fallen for this urban legend...

But who knows...

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Gnor,

GBH was and still is an industrial chemical, before it became a designer drug.

Not sure about dung, but funnily enough, there are a number of um compounds, that can be re-captured in the urine.

wink

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: faithinfire

I wonder how many people went out and bought those toys to suck on the beads

I wondered the same thing.
My super was joking about having some on the top of her fridge that she has to throw out now, then she wondered (as a joke) what the street value would be.;)
I don't toy shop, so I had no clue what was even being talked about. I thought it was still in reference to the lead from China until Gnor mentioned it.

Hey Nx?, read the thread (any thread) in it's entirety before posting please. People actually *have* done it.

I don't think it matters if it is a first then followed on, the fact that anyone would do it at all is disgusting! Worse if it is a hazing thing.

Pele

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Stone

Gnor,

GBH was and still is an industrial chemical, before it became a designer drug.

Not sure about dung, but funnily enough, there are a number of um compounds, that can be re-captured in the urine.

wink

GHB is a natural chemical that is found in human cells. The industrial chemical that you are referring to is GBL which is commonly used as paint stripper / degreaser. This can be mixed with a chemical like Sodium Hydroxide (commonly found in oven cleaner) to make synthetic GHB.

See HERE and HERE for sources.

As for the 'Jenkem' issue...

It would appear stem from the BBC in 1999 ( https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/406067.stm ) thats recently been draged back up by someone online. Anyone who has actually tried it has probably discovered it from this recent net resurgence. I would suggest that its complete rubbish as the resulting gasses from this fermentation could not provide anyone with any kind of high. A quick search on google provides all the necessary information to discount this story as a hoax.

I can honestly say that anyone who attempts this must be an incredibly gullible moron who thoroughly deserves a lung full of their own faecal matter.

God I hate net hoax's!

Especially when there are real problem drugs around like Cake!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
"like Cake!" lol

I think the issue at hand is how bad it's gotten that people will try this stuff. Inhale crap or go out and buy toys for a cheap high. I thought the kids smoking horehound and snorting pixie stix in high school were desperate and stupid.

Somewhere I read that it's something in our body mixed with the coating on the beads that is actually creating the reaction. I don't quite get this, as I am not a chemist but it seems a bit off.
Anyone else here this about the beads?

Pele

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
yup your right Pele apparently the body converts the glue to a GHB like substance so the beads actually have to be swallowed not just licked to create a problem. Here are a few links to some articles.

https://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22718401-1702,00.html

https://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22712064-2,00.html

https://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22726736-2,00.html

They have recalled all of the toys that are on the shelfs but there are still a lot out there because these toys won toy of the year last year and were freakishly popular. We actually had some at a pre school i worked at for a while. I'm glad that the kids really listened to us when we told them not to put things in their mouths.

Actually if you ask me the beads kind of freaked me out when i first heard about they way that they work. Just thinking about all the chemicals that would have to be in some thing like that.

The thing that really annoys me about this is that if they had just said that they toys were found to be poisonous when ingested rather than the media going on and on about GHB and fantasy then there would be non of this going on about a black market starting for them, and that kind of thing.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Inhaling Methane from a ballon can make you pass out and hallucinate - due to lack of oxygen.

Rest assured, I won't be trying this Sh!t.

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
There is a fresh market here for the Bindeez beads as next week is schoolies week. Will see what happens.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

squarefishSILVER Member
(...trusty steed of the rodeo midget...)
403 posts

Posted:
heh,
this hoax has been around for more than a few years, it was featured in the "X-Files" episode "War of the Coprophages" in 1996

link to youtube excerpt: https://youtube.com/watch?v=7T0-p5HW-2Q

it feature some kids trying to get high from inhaling the fumes from boiled cow dung.
Ewwwwww.............

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Pele.. "Cake" is no laughing matter! angry

One poor boy under the effects of it cried all the water out of his body.

Imagine how his mother felt! frown

Dont even get me started on "Czech Neck" ubbcrying

However, on a lighter note:

Written by: The website

Slang terms:..... "Leeroy Jenkems"

ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

You f*cking genius! biggrin

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
*bump*

This thread still makes me laugh proper good. biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Newgabe - not quite sure how the link knoxious was intending to be interpreted but what made me laugh was not the content but the headings - 'Emergence of Cheese', 'Creation and marketing of cheese', 'Deaths attributed to cheese'... I didn't actually read anything else as short of time, I was just imagining a big slice of cheddar or something emerging like in some kind of old cheesy (excuse the pun) horror film!!!

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

isol8edSILVER Member
33 posts

Posted:
my only comment is if this [censored] (yeah i know) is real, which is only a borderline retard fantasy.... wouldn't rats be high as hell?

insert witty statement here