Daisetsunewbie
2 posts

Posted:
I'm new to Poi so I'm starting off with glowsticks which I already have a ton of. I tied a piece of string onto one glowstick and now am wondering what to use for a handle. I've seen other people use a second glowstick itself as a handle but I'm not sure if that's the easiest/best way to do it without developing bad habits. Where can I buy the leather/cloth straps that you wrap around your fingers that attach to the chains? Or can I make them?

drvarietySILVER Member
75 posts

Posted:
https://www.iland.net/~jbritton/KnotPhoto%20DoubleLoop%20Knots.html#Spanish%20Bowline

That should be fine for learning.
As far as buying them...

https://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails/190_48_LEATHER_double

Don't know if that's what you're asking but there you go.

There is nothing to be afraid of. Virtual reality will eventually rehabilitate your mind and eventually your body. Everything will be allright, i promise. Just concentrate. Try some music.

poinoobSILVER Member
45 posts

Posted:
this is your ticket trust me learned the same way get shoe strings tie them end to end with the glow stick in the middle take the hoop it around yourfirst 2 fingers then slide the glowstick between your fingers behind the sting loop mad control that way eek weavesmiley

Daisetsunewbie
2 posts

Posted:
Thanks drvariety, that guide is what I was looking for. $16 is a bit high for simple practice which is the step I'm at right now. I'll grab some shoelaces next time I'm out and try those knots. Also which knot would you suggest out of those 3?

drvarietySILVER Member
75 posts

Posted:
They all work... I'm partial to the Spanish Bowline, but it's up to you. By the way, if your training to go up to poi you might want to tape two glowsticks together at the end of the string so that you can get use to the weight.

There is nothing to be afraid of. Virtual reality will eventually rehabilitate your mind and eventually your body. Everything will be allright, i promise. Just concentrate. Try some music.