Forums > Advanced Staff moves > advanced staff juggling ... let´s go mad !!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
entheogenGOLD Member
173 posts

Posted:
I think its time to restart the staff juggling thread in the advanced forum.

Since quite a few ideas were mentioned in the old thread that don`t seem to really fit in a beginners section.

I would really appreciate if people would post there ideas.
But do me a favor and make a distinction between claiming
to really have a move and random ideas.
it will help reduce misunderstandings
wink
And it will give us a better over view where people are.

To get you started :
I was playing around with a lot of 531522 variations

one is (i think) quite interesting
you know the one throw were you throw a staff as a waist cross and catch it with the other hand on the opposite side of the waist
use it as the 3
it is fun biggrin

'There are two mantras in life, yum and yuk. I choose yum.'

bastlGOLD Member
123 posts

Posted:
right, i just thought you can move whole threads to the new part... anyway.

yo tim:
i am mostly wearing a kilt -male clothing
but anyway i love skirts, since ever, they are so compftable to wear, specially in summer times wink -you should take a look at my golden dress ubblol

hey rob:
new staff: hm my old ones are not suitable for stage anymore. i still can´t find a propper solution, so the staff doesn´t push through the soft-cover-ends....so i had to tape them for 531 festival -looked a bit [censored] wink

_told the fishfable to wes peden
_heard gloria gaynors "i will survive" 3 times live allready....in the same 20 min performance!

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
could you afix a round stopper to the end which is wider than the staff seb? like a drawing (push) pin? would reduce the pressure on the end, even a ping pong ball may work.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
mmm. i've gone through mine already, but am about to fix up with plugs and neoprene..... hopefully this'll work. but to be honest it deosn't affect them at all... so why was it so bad that you needed to fix them up?

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

bastlGOLD Member
123 posts

Posted:
hmmm first i don´t like half way working design wink -i studied product design so i should find a solution wink

anyway, first the staff breaks through, than the "head" gets loose, and than lego-techniques are so much harder to play...

in the moment i am on similar trip: plugs and a kind of plastic the internettranslator doesn´t find an english word for wink
lets see how lond it will last hug

mynci: good idea, i am searching since ages for such a rubber-push-pin-thing, couldn´t find it so far...any ideas where to look ?

_heard gloria gaynors "i will survive" 3 times live allready....in the same 20 min performance!

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
mmm. except i made mine attach very securely with innovative tape cutting techniques wink

so the end is crap, but its not going anywhere. i did got the other end wrong, so need to buy some more poles for lego work. i can't wait to play. can we make a juggly-legoey-geeky show, bastl?

bastlGOLD Member
123 posts

Posted:
 Written by: bluecat

can we make a juggly-legoey-geeky show, bastl?

oh yes, that will be good...more than up for this hug

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
try a furniture or hardware store, you can find things like rubber feet for tables etc for wood floors biggrin
OR take a craft knife to a rubber ball hug

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

bastlGOLD Member
123 posts

Posted:
cheers mynci,
that are good ideas, i haven´t tried the rubberball-knife version wink

but i have been to every toolshop/furniture accessories in vienna wink
nothing which fits...

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
If I find any I'll post them ubblol

bastlGOLD Member
123 posts

Posted:
wicked dude
that would be great!
how is your mills going on ?

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
painfully ubblol I'm doing a lot more stuff with clubs too I'm planning on spending the next year on juggling I need to tidy my planes a bit but am getting 2 staffs in 1 hand slowly, switching between left and right dunno the sitswap but its something like 423

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
what is lego-techniques?

bastlGOLD Member
123 posts

Posted:
you know "lego" with clubs ?
basicly the same just with staffs.
quite hard to descripe with words,

hm: you don´t throw all objects continiously like sitwswaps.
you most of the time trap one staff with the 2nd one (or a body parts) and than throw/drop/lock the 3rd one, and repeat pattern in mirrored way.

any idea what i am talking about ?

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Like making and A shape by holding 2 staffs into a V and locking the 3rd across?

bastlGOLD Member
123 posts

Posted:
äh kind of, in order to make it a „lego“ you have to loop it into a repetative pattern. Most of the time the objects swop positions. Most legos have this „stop & go ryhthm“ -feel to them.
I played a playfestival one simple lego pattern, the last figure in the 1st song, if you can remember..
more clear now ?

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
frown All my props have been nicked so any advice on size and weight for making new juggling staffs will be appreciated :cry:

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mynci

frown All my props have been nicked ... :cry:

eek that's pants!

For juggling people seem to favour something smaller, with reasonably weighted ends... as far as I can tell confused

You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" George Bernard Shaw

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I'm not sure if I should just make some practice ones for now, lights and soft my fire ones were nice if a little awkward. I'm gonna give it some thought

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Just use CLUBS.

https://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=1vAE74qeRBA

See, now that's what I call spinning and juggling. Pwoar!

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
or smaller sticks... must make the 5 cascade easier...

https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FQTfeNiB8wg

biggrin

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

willworkforfoodjnrSILVER Member
Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
Haha that was special!

Working hard to be a wandering hippie layabout. Ten years down, five to go!

bastlGOLD Member
123 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mynci

I'm not sure if I should just make some practice ones for now, lights and soft my fire ones were nice if a little awkward. I'm gonna give it some thought

yo dude

i love my just practice staffs...so much better than this fire staffs which are banned to downsstairs in the garage..for various reasons:

healthiness: matt from tirasaru tested out that the level of particulate matter in his cuboard with all his fire toys in, is the same as on the high way in austria

eek confused eek

he strongly recommends not to have ANY fire toys inside your living area....

so even for training its much nicer to have separate staffs, also they are not dirty, don´t stink, and are much easier to transport into traininghalls etc...

even it´s nice to somethimes eat anything during training without being disgust by the colour of your fingers wink

even 3 staffs techniques:

they just take ages to train BEFORE firetraining starts at all ..it has some quality to it, to have to train your technique until it´s reached a certain level. and than transfer the technique to freshly build fire staffs = enter next level.

in generall, i would recommend to make yourself cozy, soft cover ends and thick grip bands..makes everything easier...but be aware that most fire staffs aren´t like that wink

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
cheers dude wink I think I'll go with that. biggrin

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
hey, Lee - just thinking about your bad back - you should make some uber light ones. Mine have done wonders for my shoulders and back, and actually make me want to practise more.

i'll put the design on when i'm not on my way out the door.

smile

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Cheers dude hug although my back has been much better since the chiropractor

IrinusBRONZE Member
enthusiast
222 posts

Posted:
Aaah, so this is why I haven't seen anything on the staff juggling thread for ages.

Mynci, much sympathy about the staves, left mine on the tube last year, still recovering frown

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
i had a nice juggle yesterday after watching the VIDEO OF DOOM!

no really new tricks, but a lot more comfort with some patterns, and i've some nice ideas to play on when a bit more back into it (a month of aerial , poi, and angle grinding has kept me busy...)

but i have a camera now! so more interesting stuff soon.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
wooo! meg and i had an awesome play yesterday, and learnt loads of new stuff... but i didn't take the camera... frown

however.

loads of 4 staff patterns. and runarounds. and stuff. bastl, it's going to be awesome.

a heap of 3 staff (1 person) starts, including some nice kickups.

mills mess.

anttis funny cascade with the poncey arms.

dips.

total random juggling. aaaaaaaahahahahahaha ubblol

double pirouettes

2up pirouettes. and caught 2 of three in a 3 up (tried it loads badly too, though)

smile

splinterificGOLD Member
enthusiast
248 posts

Posted:
the 3 staff millsmess was great biggrin want to see a 5staff version soon though

bastlGOLD Member
123 posts

Posted:
 Written by: splinterific

the 3 staff millsmess was great biggrin want to see a 5staff version soon though

eek any idea what that would mean confused such things as a pattern about 4 metres broad and 5,5 metres high...quite a lot of feet work todo...next to the fact it´s an 5 object pattern....

but why is a 5 staff mills soo much better than a 3 staff ?
-just because its harder?

Page: ...