Forums > Technical Discussion > Hyperlight Update - 25-10-2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Hyperlights are not yet ready. There, I've said it, so I hope the title of this thread didn't get anyone too excited. Things have been extremely busy for me of late with a combination of being ill (fear not; I'm back to my usual self now!) and commitments to work and the occasional bit of sleep. We've been busy though and here's where we're at:

The housing for the poi is just a couple of days away from completion so we should have prototypes back from that in about a week or so with a bit of luck.
The website is just about to change hosts so don't be surprised when it goes offline in the middle of next week. It should be back up again soon after at least in a limited form while we change things over.
The electronics is now complete and seems very stable; From our testing, it seems impossible to make them reset by smacking them together!
Plans for the business are under way which include getting funding to build the full-blown moulds. When we website comes back up and we've had a chance to fiddle with it, there really will be a form to sign up which leads me onto my next point.
We're planning to do a two-stage signup. The first is to gauge interest (although given the number of emails, PMs, phone calls i've had lately, there's no need to worry wink) and won't require any money. Basically, you stick your email down and those people who sign up first get first dibs on stage two...
...which will happen when we're ready to put our money where our mouth is. The plan is to give those people who signed up first a week or two to get the cash for a pair of hyperlights to us. At the end of that period, we'll order the moulds and begin production!

The first batch will probably be around 250 pairs and we intend to ship them worldwide. So not quite the October deadline I'd set myself, but we're nearing the end of 3 years of development so quite exciting times!

Have fun smile

Jon

Cake or Death?

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
Well I suppose I ought to state my intent. I fully intend to purchase one of the first batch, cash is burning a hole in my bank account as we speak biggrin biggrin

weavesmiley

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
The handles in all the test pairs have been made by inserting balls into the handles of cone poi- if you don't want the handles you don't have too (unless the final release versions have something else in store which I haven't seen which is entirely possible).

any_suggestionsGOLD Member
enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
almost apon us now.i have had the money set aside since last christmas lol.im desparate for a pair,im not the only one i know.

to many freaks to little circuses!

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Out of interest, is the sign up list going to be on the website? Will you announce it on here first to give us a bit of warning/chance to do it?

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Jon is the only man that knows.. I haven't been close to the project recently and Jon is probably the busiest person I've ever met smile

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
 Written by: *HyperLight

They will be similar to Hyperloops (non-stretchy white cones) but not actually Hyperloops.. unless Gayle reckons she can produce 500 (250 pairs) in the near future? wink

I would so so so so so love too, and i'm gutted i can't do this for real as it would rock so much. Maybe i could train my sisters children to work a sewing machine and then chain them to it wink

However, i'm still intrigued by what the hyperlights are going to come in, who makes them, what pattern they follow and whether there would be an option to get them supplied without cones, or maybe set up some form of "mates-rates" hyperloop cones or custom designs for troupes for people with hyperlights...oh, i dunno. Possibilities are endless, innit!

Hurry up Jon. spank
and talk to me more if you need too...hug

Gayle.....!

RicheeIImember
37 posts

Posted:
I, want, party, and, need, two, glow, stickz... .

tracing rock!

:R

BINARY DIVISION

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
and the site is launched!!!

https://www.hyperlite.co.uk/

only joking, but it does look a bit like the old hyperLIGHT site!

splinterificGOLD Member
enthusiast
248 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Geeza

and the site is launched!!!

https://www.hyperlite.co.uk/

only joking, but it does look a bit like the old hyperLIGHT site!

damn you... i fell for that... ubbidea

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Yep me too!! IN my desperation!!
Cumon guys whats happening?

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
i was thinking they'd bulked up a bit for a second ubblol

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
Any info about when the (actual) site is being launched?

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
It should be up again tonight in a somewhat limited form. I'm upgrading some of the bits that lurk behind the scenes to actually produce the page, and extracting the old database for the existing forums is taking longer than I expected. It's too complicated for me to go into right now, but the important bit is that the site will be back online some time this evening!

I'm not sure if I'll have time to get the form working, but I'll try and give you a progress report before I collapse into bed smile

Cake or Death?

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
If theres going to be an order form on the page tonight i wont go out, if there isnt could you add some sort of 'definately buying list' for those who dont want to miss out.

smile

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
If there's anything, it will be the 'sign up to definitely buy' ...rather than the 'purchase now' option, so feel free to go out wink

As far as the toys go, the design for the balls is done, but I'm waiting for some sample battery connections to get back to me so that I can double-check their dimensions. Once those are back we'll be able to get the first prototype balls made... and if those fit, we'll be pretty much ready to go biggrin

Cake or Death?

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
thanks for the quick reply. If i am the very first person to sign up for definatley buying (i know it wont happen!) Then do you think i will have them by mid december time (only im off home at Xmas then travelling after so wont be here to get them)

splinterificGOLD Member
enthusiast
248 posts

Posted:
ohh jon... if that page goes up i want a text as i wont be near a pc tonight but ill get online if i need too :P

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Step 1 complete.. the website is back up and my god the new host is fast! biggrin

Cake or Death?

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by TheBovrilMonkey

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Make sure you've cleared any proxies / caches. The site has only been back up for around an hour and it was a little 'experimental' when it first came up, so you might be seeing an older, struggling, version.

I've double checked my caches have cleared so I'm 99% certain that it's working and it's a problem at your end. Let me know if it's still like that tomorrow.

Cake or Death?

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Curse you and your rapid replies.

I cleared my cache just after making that post, which sorted the problem. So, I went to delete my post, so no-one would have been any the wiser.

And I would have gotten away with it too if it hadn't been for you meddling kids wink

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
haha

Do you use msn at all bov? pm me your address (and that goes for anyone else that's interested) and I'll add you smile

...that way we can solve problems quietly without the need for public embarrassment.

P.s - I thought I was older that you? wink
EDITED_BY: *HyperLight (1194998740)

Cake or Death?

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
A pm is far too many extra mouse clicks tongue - my address is thebovrilmonkey at yahoo.co.uk, although I don't tend to use msn a great deal any more.

Unless you lied in your facebook profile, I'm a bit older than you - 'twas still just about the 70's when I was born.
I think the balloons pretty much destroy my wise and venerable image wink

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Lol, okay, not much in it then.. I hereby grant you the right to call me a meddling kid wink

Cake or Death?

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
added, and yes, the site does seem a lot faster. (I have a feeling once you advertise hyperlights properly its going to need it!)

MireneyeSILVER Member
enthusiast
276 posts

Posted:
Congratz on the new faster host for your website. Just gonna renew my interest in getting a pair as early as possible. Have the cash for 'em stashed away =)

( I feel like a giddy little school girl, waiting for her birthday present, and no, not a Japanese one. )

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
maybe registered people to the forums should be given priority, as they have shown interest in the forums aswell as just wanting the products.
Theres 42 people on there, id say 40 of which will be wanting hyperlights asap!

splinterificGOLD Member
enthusiast
248 posts

Posted:
*waves hand frantically in the air*

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
So I thought I there was going to be a sign up place on the new site, where you know youre gonna get some when they get made?
Am I missing something or will this be added?

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

AgentChesterDesmondGOLD Member
stranger
19 posts

Posted:
I've only been spinning for a year so maybe I don't really deserve to have these but I don't think I've ever been so excited for a product in my life.

Page: