Forums > Social Chat > poi in toronto ontario

Login/Join to Participate

EnigmAmember
20 posts

Posted:
Me and a freind were wondering where and how can we find a poi club I've looked in the yellow pages under dance an I cant find jack shit. perhaps I can find someone in a rave to guide me. DOES ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW OF ANY CLUBS OR SHOPS IN ONTARIO?

pjmember
277 posts

Posted:
The first rule of poi club is that you don't talk about poi club.The second rule of poine club is that you don't talk about poi club!;-)Seriously though, I'm not sure there is a single poi store anywhere. There are probably at most a dozen sources for fire/poi in the world, and most are people who put them together in their living room in their spare time. Even in SF and NYC there are no real "poi clubs" so much as a loose association of enthousiasts.Half the fun is building your own equipment and being the only peeps in your area. The other half is teaching the art to new friends. ;-)-p.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
In Canada, just about nowhere Enigma. Although sometime in the summer a few of us were planning on getting together in Toronto to spin. I think SPrite, JesseJames and a few others were in on it. Good luck.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

fireflymember
52 posts

Posted:
i'm in toronto!send me an e-mail if you want and we can hook up:frankbentzin@hotmail.com

frank bentzin

EyeStormmember
54 posts

Posted:
Firefly: Enigma and I think it would be a good idea, maybe you could teach us some moves. tongueWhereabout T.O. do you live? We're around North York, around wilson/albion,

((m/)) --==EyeStorm==--

fireflymember
52 posts

Posted:
oh yeah!i would like to set you're buds on fire!ha,ha!i live in the area of bloor and ossington.this week it's supposed to rain.maybe next week!send me an e-mail to hook up!

frank bentzin

EyeStormmember
54 posts

Posted:
Sure thing. One question: how long have you been Poi-ing? smile I've been doing it only a few weeks.

((m/)) --==EyeStorm==--

fireflymember
52 posts

Posted:
i practice poi for over 2 years now.how often do you train???

frank bentzin

tekknogurrlBRONZE Member
90 posts

Posted:
Dube is a store in NYC that carries poi and other circus supplies. www.dube.comi have never really heard of a club specifically for poi, but perhaps you should check at a college near you, sometimes they have juggling/circus-type clubs that you could meet up with (probably not now, cuz summer has come, but try in the fall)[This message has been edited by tekknogurrl (edited 25 May 2001).]

~K~No matter what you do, one billion Chinese won't care.

ghostgirlSILVER Member
7 posts

Posted:
hey toronto people, its impossible to do * poi* in indoor raves, cuz you to close to everone , any out door parties are perfect

GHOSTGIRL

Infinite_FreefallGOLD Member
1 post

Posted:
Hi guys.

I'm a poi instructor and I've been spinning for about 15 years. Originally from Cape Town, South Africa, I recently moved to Canada and I'm based in Georgetown, ON about 45 mins outside of T.O.
I have access to a gym and teach classes after 5pm Monday to Friday and Saturday's by appointment. Get in touch if you'd like to learn more or checkout my website, www.firetribe.ca

Looking forward to meeting some local spinners. Have fun, be safe and keep spinning!

Stu

timme87member
2 posts

Posted:
I see people spinning fire here and there. The park right beside kensington market often has people there at night doing stuff like that.

They were out at the fireworks on monday as well, at ashbridges bay.