Forums > Social Chat > What Celebrities have you met/know?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
I went to school with Amanda Bynes from like 2nd to 6th grade.

I lived a couple houses down from, and interviewed Sparky Anderson in the 4th grade.

When i moved out to AZ, i met Jenna Jameson when i worked at Safeway, she was looking for ketchup.

That's all i can think of right now. Who do you know?

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
I met Tim Rogers a couple of times and the dudes from dallas crane. Um i dunno that is about it. Oh and i totaly met george form play school, that was freakin cool.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
i met jennifer hawkins (prior to her being miss universe) back when i was in year 7 smile

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I met Bill Clinton briefly once. I went to college with Chelsea.

Fred Savage also went to Stanford with me.

I also took care of a celebrity's kid earlier this year, but for confidentiality reasons, I can't say who it was other than you would most likely recognize the name.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
I've met Australian Authors Paul Jennings, Rachel Flynn and John Marsden. (Paul Jennings also went to school with my mum smile )

I was briefly at the same traffic lights as Jeff Kennett (former Victorian Premiere of Australia) when I was about nine or ten years old. And no, I wasn't driving. ubblol

I also know Pineapple Pete in person biggrin

(EDIT: Oh! oh! I was also part of the welcoming party for The Queen when she came to Australia for the 2006 Commonwealth Games. To be honest, it was a very rent-a-crowd affair.

And I went to school with Will-Hull Brown - drummer of The Cat Empire smile )
EDITED_BY: Brenn (1193198409)

&#2384;

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah, I totally forgot. The Cranberries showed up to the country club where I was lifeguarding in high school. The lady, the singer, was very nice.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Juggling Jack FlashGOLD Member
Sneaking
1,207 posts

Posted:
Hey, I've met Bill Clinton too, my mum was one of his bodyguards drivers when he came to Queenstown in 1999, he came and had a drink with my parents one night

Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you land among the stars

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
810 posts

Posted:
Ok that would be totaly weird.
You know come home from school walk in side hi mum hi Mr Clinton.

One of my friends got a phone call from kamal not by accident he looked up my friend in the phone book to ask him about selling his record selection.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Well, as having had the curse of growing up in Gruenwald
I had the chance to meet and live close to

Heinz Ruehmann and Uschi Glas, Senta Berger and Michael Verhoeven, who's son Simon Verhoeven has been one of my buddies waaaay back. Now all of these are German celebs and pretty much unknown to the anglo side of the planet.

However, having grown up in this small village with all those celebs and (multi) millionaires around me, having met some of the richest ppl of Germany and going to school with their kids, it taught me one thing: Money and fame is not making a cent of a difference when it comes to personality and happiness.

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Curly_SueSILVER Member
laughter is the way to get through life
179 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Point_Blank

Hey, I've met Bill Clinton too, my mum was one of his bodyguards drivers when he came to Queenstown in 1999, he came and had a drink with my parents one night

How cool is that wow I bet he was funny too. weavesmiley

I fell down a hill once, got up then fell down it again.

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Jet from Gladiators came to our school once for a sport and fitness awareness thing. I've seen Jill Cooper in Tescos before when I was working there. That's about it, but I'm pretty bad at facial recognition so there may be more that I didn't recognise.

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

MagsKatBRONZE Member
Don't feed her cookies
113 posts

Posted:
i got groped by peter andre when i was about 13,
i went to school with the girl who was in eastenders as bradleys bit on the side!
Also went to school with one of the girls from the Worst witch.

Met Sterephonics a bunch of times, blink 182 i met once.

One of Westlife was shopping in the same shop as me.

Prince Williams on/off girlfriend best mate and i worked together (does that count?)

Met jon lee from feeder a year to the day before he died and then the day before i he died.. was devestated

Lemme from motorhead dates a friend of mine

met helen robinson from neighbours in a theatre a while back.

Went to the pub with adam garcia after his show- really nice bloke.

trying to think...errmm...

Formally known as kat224

We are not friends.. we never were.. but if i was part of your life then i thank you

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Brenn

And I went to school with Will-Hull Brown - drummer of The Cat Empire smile )

The song in this video is the cat empire correct?

If so, i have recently fallen in like with them and cannot seem to aquire any cds frown
EDITED_BY: Poje (1193237137)

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

BurdaASILVER Member
Sacrebleu
377 posts

Posted:
These are more seen than met but that's all I've got sorry, I must hang out in th wrong places:

Probably danny devito in the tate modern. it was about 10 metres away and he was facing sideways. pretty unique looking guy though.

Sigourney Weaver outside the Chinese Theatre in Hollywood

Noel Edmunds shoulder-barged me walking down Exeter high street.

Ryan Giggs' Grandmother used to live a couple of houses down the street.

that's all folks

Poi(poi~y) n. : A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.
- part owner of Wooktastic™ ©

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hung out and met members of the band flogging molly, same goes for the Tossers, Dropkick Murphys, Deals Gone Bad and several others. But anyone can do that smile

Met and I hate to admit this New Kids On the Block.... Dont throw tomatoes at me please, I was 14.

Met Julia Roberts, Peter Laird, The Pirate Guys who are responsiable for Talk Like a Pirate Day, Scarlott the Harlot, Issac Singleton from POTC he was the quartermaster that hit Knightlys character and I also met one of the women who slapped Johnny Depp from POTC but her name is escaping me frown, several sports team members out of philly, many philly news anchors, and of course philly's best radio personalities Preston and Steve (DL their podcast you wont be sorry).

I know there has been more but I am sad to say I cant remember.

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Poje

If so, i have recently fallen in like with them and cannot seem to aquire any cds frown

The first one certainly sounds like them, though it's not on anything you can readily get right now (given that I have everything readily available and I don't have that track.. can anyone tell me where it's from?)

Go to the cat empire website and order the cds from there, that would seem to be the easiest way...

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
 Written by: PinkNigel

Written by: Poje

Go to the cat empire website and order the cds from there, that would seem to be the easiest way...

ha, funny how in this world of internet i didnt even think about it....come to think, i dont think ive ever ordered a cd online.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I've met a few Olympic rowers.

That's probably about it.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Me and a mate threw a little squat party back when we were at uni. Simon Posford attended bounce

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
I went to school with Michelle Guy who was Miss Australia a few years ago (the year after Jennifer Hawkins)

Met lots of Australian small screen actors and presenters. I was on Amazing (this will mean nothing to non-Australians, but it it a kids game show... where you spell things and run around a maze and find letters.)

Oh, and I went to Canberra and met lots of MPs like Tony Abbott and Brendan Nelson etc.

My partners mother however... she was in a hotel with Tom Cruise and didn't recognise him and they had a drink together... and she danced with Patrick Swayze at an Australian Ballroom/Latin dancing comp thing.

I have many years before me to meet famous people! :P

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
You were on A*Mazing????

*worships*

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

clarence_quackSILVER Member
QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
I've really only met band members. Silverstein, The Matches, Behind Crimson Eyes, Reel Big Fish, Matchbook Romance etc.

I met the guy who flyes the Prime Minister's plane in Canberra, but I don't think he realy counts...

Oooh! And Lano and Woodley!

Nutella Brigade Unite!

"Look! I have a rainbow penis!" - Rouge

Owned By Steaks

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
810 posts

Posted:
You were on Amazing freakin cool. Did you win a gameboy? i always wanted to go on amazing so i could win one.

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
One of my best friends from school is a guy called Justin McDonald. If you've seen the film "Miss Potter" you'll know who he is.

I work with the lead singer of The Whip who have been playing on big stages at festivals all over the world all summer and will be releasing their album early next year. Go check out the track Divebomb on their myspace - its amazing!

[/Shameless promotion of my friends] wink

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
I opened a lecture for none other than Johnny Ball the other week in Guildford university with my multiball routine. I attended the lecture as well, and it was just like watching him on TV when I was a kid. he's awesome.

For those who don't know who he is; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Ball

met a few others, but he's the coolest and most recent, so therefore sticks in my mind. I'll post more as and when. smile

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Blueberry

You were on Amazing freakin cool. Did you win a gameboy? i always wanted to go on amazing so i could win one.

Yeah, we won our day, but our school lost overall.

It was before I realised I was blind, so how I found all the keys etc,I have NO idea.. smile

And it was when I couldn't pronounce R properly... (still can't roll them) and I answered "Swan Wiver" and now I feel shame watching it.

Oh, and I got incredibly confsed when he was asking about who I am and interesting things about me.. so in the end the audience thought my horse was named after the Greek goddess of "I don't knows"

*facepalm*

But we were yellow... we asked REALLY NICELY to be greeen (coz green always wins) but we got yellow... frown

Oh yeah, and I got a gameboy... and the game 'Olympiad' which has questions like "Who won the 1972 Water Polo?"

And I still have my shirt... and it's still too big for me (9 years later)

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
I know Malcolm - does that count? ubblol

Oh and spent a couple weeks with Craig Potton (NZ photographer and publisher),
had dinner with Helen Clark (NZ Prime Minister),
sat near Temuera Morrison (Shortland St/Once were Warriors/Star Wars) and "Kirsty" from Shortland St on a flight from NZ to LA,
ran the best part of a marathon with Bernie Portenski (champion NZ long distance runner),
shook hands and exchanged words with the NZ Governor General,
ditto with the Queen when she visited NZ in the late 60's or 70's I think it was,

memory fading...

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

_AnA_newbie
17 posts

Posted:
I met such progressive rock stars as Clive Nolan and the vocalist of Arena (don't remember his name) at the festival. Also, had pleasant chats backstage with some people from death metal bands like Decapitated:) I know it's all underground, but anyway, it was fun talking to them after watching them perform.

We'll burn, like a moth to the flame
Burn, as the fire calls us by name...

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
I'm going to be jammy on this one since I work in the film industry. I just finished working with Pierce Brosnan, Meryl Streep, Julie Walkters and Stellan Skarsgard, pierce gave me a massive hug at the end of the shoot and Julie gave me a bottle of champs smile

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
 Written by: georgemc

Oh and spent a couple weeks with Craig Potton (NZ photographer and publisher),
had dinner with Helen Clark (NZ Prime Minister),
sat near Temuera Morrison (Shortland St/Once were Warriors/Star Wars) and "Kirsty" from Shortland St on a flight from NZ to LA,
ran the best part of a marathon with Bernie Portenski (champion NZ long distance runner),
shook hands and exchanged words with the NZ Governor General,

New Zealand celebrities don't count.. You all know each other anyway.. wink

We had a few UK soap stars round my parents zoo a while back, and I gave 'em a reptile talk, amd handling session- but we don't own a TV, and I didn't know who any of them were.. ubblol

The cafe girls were well impressed though, so I presume they were famous..

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
 Written by: PyroWill

I'm going to be jammy on this one since I work in the film industry. I just finished working with Pierce Brosnan, Meryl Streep, Julie Walkters and Stellan Skarsgard, pierce gave me a massive hug at the end of the shoot and Julie gave me a bottle of champs smile

You dont count.... wink j/k

Page: