GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
What would be the best way to attatch cords to my glow poi? at the moment theres just a light inside the outer plastic/rubbery shell.

If I put a couple of holes in then im guessing light would come out and when spun they may tear/stretch.

If i superglue a link on then it might break off when spinning.

They are oggpoi and weigh around 80 grams. Ive got them in socks at the moment but wanted to try on cords

ImbalanceGOLD Member
not different, just not the same
263 posts

Posted:
check out the method that flowtoys and trick concepts uses

Flowtoys: https://www.flowtoys.com/product.php?productid=12&cat=9&page=1 they use a hole in the top with attachment hook. I have these poi from them and they are very securely attached.

Trick Concepts:
https://fire.trickconcepts.com/tcf-023-07.htm I just found that they started selling Oggz Poi also and now that I've seen the way they attach them I think its probably the way to go. The soft point is out thus making it even less likely to hurt the poi or you if they hit something. Oggz are soft in general but the hard plastic bottom can knock loose or crack if it hits the ground hard enough (like on concrete) and can also cause it to malfunction or mess up the ability to charge it.

I wouldn't worry to much about the outside casing ripping, its really durable, unless you can spin at supersonic speeds and generate massive G-forces you should be just fine.

Good luck! and enjoy the Oggz, they are AWESOME to spin!

I once learned every move that there was,
Every style, Every technique.
Then I woke up, and forgot it all,
So now I struggle to dream.

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
thanks. I like the way they say they have moved the charge point so its easier to charge when they have just punched 2 holes in the charge end instead of at the top!

Would it be ok to just punch 2 holes with a hot screwdriver then thread a bit of cord or string through and attatch? (Instead of having the metal circle bits)

ImbalanceGOLD Member
not different, just not the same
263 posts

Posted:
maybe but i would think the metal rings would be better, just to ensure that there isn't any ripping. You can head to just about any hardware store and they can sell you the stuff to do those, i forget what its called but its basically just a punch and a metal ring and voila, done.

I once learned every move that there was,
Every style, Every technique.
Then I woke up, and forgot it all,
So now I struggle to dream.

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
cheers for the info mate. finished em yesterday.

34352IMG_0510_Small_
34352IMG_0512_Small_
34352IMG_0513_Small_