newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hands up for a beachside camping trip to beautiful Stradbroke Island, just off the coast of Brisbane...

Camping at shady lush Cylinder Beach; there's easy public transport, endless access beach spinning and driftwood for a Full Moon bonfire on Saturday.

This idea was dreamed up by 6 of us who've just been playing it up at Straddie's Island Time Reggae Festival. There will be some Japanese crew who are coming to visit then too. so come join the fun! ubbrollsmile

oooh ya, before I make booking.. date to be checked against the evil that is schoolies.... ubbloco

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
*bump* for Abbie smile

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Well, I may not be able to do this, as my dad is in a very unstable condition in intensive care at the moment, so I may need to fly interstate at any time...
But the lovely Steve Carlos is planning to go THIS weekend, 16.17.18 Nov .... so if any of you up for a beautiful beach weekend, PM me for his mobile
Cheers
Gabe

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
also...schoolies starts this weekend...& finishes next weekend!! eek not sure if it will be happening this year, but i know they have banned alcohol going to straddie in previous years - even if you're not a schoolie. if you're going, i'd look into that otherwise it could be a dry weekend!! i recommend calling local police, or checking out schoolies websites... smile

(sorry to sound like a party pooper - but i want you guys to have an awesome weekend & not have to worry about schoolies stuff!!)

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
I talked to the Cylinder Beach campsite people about that and they said Schoolies is not an issue there. The only school kids they get are a few trying to get away from schoolies!
Also it is possible to buy alcohol on the island, just not bring it in. Funny, the availability of alcohol is just not something that enters my head! If I was told there was to be none on the whole island for the weekend I'd be more likely to think' oh good, less dickheads!' Freak of nature, me.

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
awesome!! biggrin

to those going - have a brilliant weekend!!! bounce

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
OK I really thought I had posted this already, but... I am not now going on this weekend, as I am in Sydney cos my dad is sick. But enjoy, who is going! I think Joel (Misguided Oracle) is still planning on it...

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
Edit: Hmm perhaps I wont be able to make it frown

Have fun if anyone goes!
EDITED_BY: Basstones (1195693981)

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"