Forums > Social Chat > Harry Potter - the gay files

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
This just made me smile:

Written by: article

NEW YORK - Harry Potter fans, the rumors are true: Albus Dumbledore, master wizard and Headmaster of Hogwarts, is gay. J.K. Rowling, author of the mega-selling fantasy series that ended last summer, outed the beloved character Friday night while appearing before a full house at Carnegie Hall.

After reading briefly from the final book, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," she took questions from audience members.

She was asked by one young fan whether Dumbledore finds "true love."

"Dumbledore is gay," the author responded to gasps and applause.

She then explained that Dumbledore was smitten with rival Gellert Grindelwald, whom he defeated long ago in a battle between good and bad wizards. "Falling in love can blind us to an extent," Rowling said of Dumbledore's feelings, adding that Dumbledore was "horribly, terribly let down."

Dumbledore's love, she observed, was his "great tragedy."

"Oh, my god," Rowling concluded with a laugh, "the fan fiction."

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
I've always been told that Charlie Weasley was gay. Otherwise I'd have him - leather jacket, long hair, plays with dragons... mine biggrin

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Didnt he marry one of the French girls?

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
 Written by: hamamelis

Yeah, so big, mad and hairy does it for me.. got a problem with that??? biggrin

Non-Https Image Link

Bow-chika-wow-wow wink

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

clarence_quackSILVER Member
QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Doc Lightning

Wait! ubbidea I take Wood and Cedric and you ladies get Brenn!

Excuse me. Who said that I was sharing? You have to give the other girls either Oliver or Cedric. There is not choice in the matter wink

Nutella Brigade Unite!

"Look! I have a rainbow penis!" - Rouge

Owned By Steaks

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
 Written by: clarence_quack

Excuse me. Who said that I was sharing?

*Pulls out an impossibly large double-barreled Nutella railgun and powers it up, making an ominous rising whine as all sorts of lights blink red and then turn green on the gun's casing. Aims this device squarely at Clarence's nipples*

I did. And I suggest you learn to play nice. devil

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
*is drenched in nutella, particularly in the nipple region*

Nup. No dice. I play very nice. I'm just not particularly good at sharing. And neither are you it seems.

How about you get Oliver, Malfoy and Neville; while the girls get Cedric, Seamus and Krum?

Nutella Brigade Unite!

Owned By Steaks

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I hear JK Rowling is a lesbian anyway (some anally retentive moron had the time to scour the books on her bookshelf in her publicity photo on the cover of the last book and found a typically lesbionic book on there)

*Note - not true, she is married with children*

Though seriously, there wasn't any need to reveal this factoid AFTER all the books were published. It might've been liberating and ground-breaking if it was revealed in a way that was RELEVANT to the story or just an honest character moment. But it wasn't... So I'm pretty cynical about the move itself. (It'll give Michael Gambon food for thought in his future portrayals of Dumbledore in the remaining films!)

I take Wood

rolleyes

Clarence with Chocolate nipples... biggrin biggrin biggrin

*gets the bread*

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
Chocolate nipples sandwich? Ew.

Nutella Brigade Unite!

Owned By Steaks

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
I'm a Ron Weasley girl. God, he's gorgeous. ubblove

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:

*Pulls out an impossibly large double-barreled Nutella railgun and powers it up, making an ominous rising whine as all sorts of lights blink red and then turn green on the gun's casing. Aims this device squarely at Clarence's nipples*

I didn't have you penned down as a nerd.

Interesting.

biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
*asks where is space left for the creamcheese and/ or alternatively for the banana(slices)* rolleyes

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Curly_SueSILVER Member
laughter is the way to get through life
179 posts

Posted:
Oh I am gutted I just read this thread and told everyone I work with only to be slagged off for being the last one to know about it. duh peace lolsign

I fell down a hill once, got up then fell down it again.

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:

Harry's mine, too.

wrong, he's mine. But I'd be willing to share.
The whole problem is, that DR played in this "Equus"-thing and after seeing photos from his "performance", it is so hard to concentrate on the movie. Throughout the whole film, I was just imaginig him naked and wondering when he would finally take his clothes off. He never did. Disappointing.

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Birgit

I've always been told that Charlie Weasley was gay. Otherwise I'd have him - leather jacket, long hair, plays with dragons... mine biggrin

rolleyes Oh, Birgit, could we maybe share him? He always was my favourite one ... in the books ... apart from Sirius Black, of course.
Oh yes, and I want Sirius. Mine. All mine. *yummy*

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

Curly_SueSILVER Member
179 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Birgit

Hay Birgit. so weasley plays with dragons, never thought about him like that before.

She shyly removes her head from the forum in shame

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
yeah, Charlie does. Even though I ain't sure about the long-hair thing. I know that Bill Weasley was supposed to be a bit rock-star-like (he's also the one who marries that French girl), but I guess it would also fit Charlie. Anyhow, all fictional characters, so one can mash them together as one wants.

Curly_SueSILVER Member
179 posts

Posted:
Eh french girl this is terrible I have only seen the first one with the dementors and they scared the bejesus out of me. I think I need a good catch uo session. bounce

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Fine_Rabid_Dog

I didn't have you penned down as a nerd.

Interesting.

biggrin

I have a Masters Degree in Molecular Biology from Stanford University.

I read pharmacology texts for fun. I once had the entire genetic code memorized during a time in my life in which I used it a lot. (UUU=phe=F=phenylalanine, etc.). I have cloned genes into organisms where they never were, like putting a yeast gene into E. coli. I can identify a class of antibiotic just by looking at its molecular structure.

Oh, and I can tell you what kind of airliner just flew over without looking up.

A computer is a black box to me and I hate math like the devil. That may be true. But all told, I'm pretty damned nerdy.

And damned proud of it! biggrin

-Mike

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
*Runs in and takes Harry and Wood whilst nobody is looking.*

Mwa ha ha ha! They're mine, all mine!

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
*Notes that pricklyleaf, unfortunately, was caught in my Nutella booby-trap and is now mired in knee-deep cold Nutella.*

*plucks Wood and Harry back*

Such a shame. *Drags the two boys back to my lair*

-Mike

PhaiGOLD Member
113 posts

Posted:
No one for Remus yet? Geez, and you called yourselves a motley assortment of fans spank

Oh well, more for me biggrin

(Please not David Thewlis though... why did they never cast David Wenham?? Wenhaaaaam!!)

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
I'll go for Remus..

Mad and hairy.. see??

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

mparkerSILVER Member
70 posts

Posted:
Well, since nobody's laid a claim yet I'm snagging Snape...Rickmany goodness. What a voice!

I thought the new insight on Dumbledore made a couple of things explained a lot about why everything happened with Grindelwald, actually.

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Aurinko, how about we both share Charlie and Sirius? biggrin

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
sure, no problem. I don't have enough time to keep them busy all week anyhow. Except if they volunteer to do the cleaning and cooking ... I've got the feeling we've already had this discussion somewhere in another thread ...

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
I don't think they'd have to do much cooking and cleaning, after all, all they'd have to do is wave their wand...

*lowers head in shame at unintended bad innuendo*

(G.W. Dahlquist)

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
No need to hang your head, Birgit. Bad innuendos are the best innuendos! Speaking of, I'm a fan of Wood myself...

ubbangel

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

Page: