Hana4BRONZE Member
burner
90 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

SpunOut 2008

Perth, Western Australia

Friday 11th to Monday 14th, April

SpunOut is the Perth Fire Crew's annual fire and circus workshop weekend.

The event is open to anyone wanting to get into the fire and circus scene or those wanting to improve and build on existing skills.

2008 will be the 4th year for this event and it promises to be even bigger and better than the last, thanks to the events new home at Camp Leschenaultia (less then an hours drive from Perth, in the rolling hills of the Darling Ranges, just east of Perth).

What's on?:

As always workshops will be held in all levels of poi, staff and twin staff as well as fire eating, rope dart, hooping, stilt walking, uni-cycling, acrobalance, juggling and much, much more. The ever popular chill out tent will be back with henna, body painting, hair braiding and massage. Also, sunrise yoga will again be on for the early risers.

Thanks to the excellent new location this year, there will be no restriction on noise so the hugely popular Saturday Night Fire Show will be followed by a Dribl Enterprises dance party late into the night.

Meals and Accom:

This event is fully catered by our own SpunOut chef and all meals provided are healthy and nutritious. Accommodation for the weekend is in dormitories with shower and toilet facilities adjacent. Those wishing to pitch a tent have that option also.

Tickets:

Tickets will be on sale from November with early bird Full Weekend tickets available until Easter at $125. Thereafter tickets will be $150. Day Passes are available at $40 per day. Weekend tickets include all meals, accommodation, workshops and fire fuel. Day tickets include the days workshops and lunch.

More info:

Full details, registration and payments https://www.play-learn-burn.com from November.

Email your queries to info@play-learn-burn.com.

See ya there! wave

EDITED_BY: Dexta (1196322306)

Coln_OldnCrankystranger
9 posts

Posted:
All packed.

And hoping that everything fits in the car tomorrow. See you all at tea time.

Hurry up, dammit. Waiting, waiting, waiting,...

Coln_OldnCrankystranger
9 posts

Posted:
Dexta truly pulled out the best spuout ever. EVER!

Thanks to the many many many people who put in. Thanks to the many established and the many new people who came along.

Thanks to Home of Poi for the gear given to us - we made a whole End-of-Show event of it.

And thanks to Goose who, as usual, grumped around doing all the heavy-lifting boring stuff while somehow keeping Dexta functioning as a normal balanced person. More or less wink

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Big thanks to Hana and Angus for making spunout 08 even more betterer than last year. You rock team.

Thanks to George Malcolm and the HOP team as well too!!! hug hug hug kiss kiss hug2 hug2

HUgs!

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Yay! So glad it was a great one!!!
ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Hana4BRONZE Member
burner
90 posts

Posted:
That was the most awesome awesomeness ever! bounce2

I think I need to sleep for about a week now to recover!

Huge thank-yous kiss and hugs grouphug to all that came and helped out. Couldn't have done it without ya thankx

Now we have to go even BIGGER and BETTER next year! beerchug

Coln_OldnCrankystranger
9 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Dexta

Now we have to go even BIGGER and BETTER next year! beerchug

Oh God! How much bigger? I'm still stuffed as it is. Hana, remember, I'm an old man! V-E-R-Y old.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
We are planning the sculpture

Is it the Truth?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
That was absolutely fantastic!!! clap clap clap

Hana and Angus have really outdone themselves!

Fantastic atmosphere! biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

Anyone who hasn't visited WA, this is one thing to make it worth the long trip next year!!

Thanks for the welcome dearies! Hope I haven't disappointed!

Roll on SpunOut 2009!!!

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

MojojoGOLD Member
wandering dingo
167 posts

Posted:
*goes and sits in the corner with durbs*

Only three things are certain: Death, Taxes, and that England will not win back the Ashes in this lifetime.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
thank you Hanna and Angus for a truly awesome weekend

any pics floating around on the interwebs?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Gnaw on a log Mr Duck duck.
biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin
Yoni has some utube. Search spunout 08. Jorja and Fi have some pics up to somewhere. Check our local boards for links Ben.
SpunOut is Indeed awesome

Is it the Truth?

Hana4BRONZE Member
burner
90 posts

Posted:
I'm cleaning up a bunch of pics at the moment and can send you a CD when I'm done.

PM me your postal address Mr Ben-ja-men ubbrollsmile

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
spunoutage

Colns Vid of Spunout....

Is it the Truth?

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
link for pics board?

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

Coln_OldnCrankystranger
9 posts

Posted:
To those going to the video link in Gnors post above, you can cut past the intros and stuff and get to the Fireshow and party time afterwards it you jump in about 1/6th of the way or about three minutes in.

But for those who want to relive more of the experience, watch the lot. It's still mostly the fire and sound show anyway.

And to anyone who wasn't there, we'd love to see you at Spunout in 2009! Keep an eye on www.play-learn-burn.com

Hana4BRONZE Member
burner
90 posts

Posted:
The video is awesome! bounce2

YOU ROCK COLN!!! hug kiss

Page: