Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > East Brisbane - Tuesday Evening - **cancelled indefinitely**

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
howdy all...!!

myself and a few mates are missing the absence of a regular fire gathering in brissie, so... as of next tuesday, 23rd october, we'll be doing so, as follows...

When: Tuesday; from dusk till whenever

Transport: CityCat and ferry terminal pick-up point.

Map:

Non-Https Image Link

all welcome... bring toys, fuel, smiles, hugs and stuff.

bounce juggle bounce weavesmiley bounce

exact location in mowbray TBA after a scouting mission by one of our minions...

...ok, we really don't have any minions.

any questions... post up or pm me... biggrin

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
oh d.d.d.dear... I'm kinda hoping that nobody else ended up at mowbray last night... nathan had to work late and I was both on daddy duty (all 4 of em right now) and just plain didn't feel like it after seeing bek off back to the states in the morning.

deepest apologies to any/all affected, but we'll be back again next week (provided there's a break in the rain for a change)...

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Aw sorry you've lost Bec.
And no, I didn;t make it either.

Break in the rain? Well at least we always have something to look forward to wink ubbrollsmile

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
ubbcrying I mean really... what the @#%#@% heck is going on? is mother nature playing a long series of evil jokes on us, or what?

I could swear that 8 out of the last 10 tuesdays have been rained out... and more often than not, they're surrounded by days of fair weather... grrr... anyway... the forecast is for more wet, Wet, WET... so unless you hear otherwise, we're probably waiting yet again, for next week...

oh... and thanks gabe... cross fingers, we'll get bek back here again soon... tomorrow would work for me... wink

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
rain rain rain cloud rain rain sun cloud rain rain cloud rain rain cloud rain cloud cloud rain firespin rain cloud rain rain rain cloud rain rain rain rain

Dunno what you're on about Pogo!

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
Hmm this rain really is becoming annoying.

So on a completly unrelated topic, gabe what do you do with the circadia tent when woodford isn't on hehe wink

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Eh!
AS IF I own an enormous circus tent that I store under the kitchen sink!!! ubblol
Or do you mean let's hire it for Tuesday nights!

It belongs to Robinson's Family Circus, I'm sure Mark'd love to drive in from outback Qld and put it up for us for an hour wink

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
 Written by: newgabe

[snip]... I'm sure Mark'd love to drive in from outback Qld and put it up for us for an hour wink [/snip]

Ah excellent! hehe biggrin
EDITED_BY: Basstones (1204105234)

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
hey ya'll... due to family commitments, I am unable to get along to mowbray, every second tuesday; I have custody of my boys every second week and due to school and their corresponding bedtimes, it's not practical for me to make the 1hr trip down to the gold coast to pick them up from after school care, only to turn straight back around again, for the 1hr trip back into east brisbane...

this... and the unfortunate lack of interest in the meet in general, has caused nathan and I to make the decision to discontinue the idea. if anyone would like to take up the mantle and attempt to get a regular, weekly fire gathering going in brisbane again, feel free; otherwise... it's done, indefinitely...

ttfn...

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
Ah thats a shame frown Well it was a commendable event while it lasted, shame about the bad fortune with the weather these last few weeks as well frown

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
*giggle*...he said ya'll...I do believe I've rubbed off on him at bit...

Hopefully, in the future, something else can be arranged...but I did enjoy meeting those of you that came out while I was there...I just wish I'd not had to leave...Oz is home to me now and I'm horribly homesick... ubbcrying

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

Page: