Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > East Brisbane - Tuesday Evening - **cancelled indefinitely**

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
howdy all...!!

myself and a few mates are missing the absence of a regular fire gathering in brissie, so... as of next tuesday, 23rd october, we'll be doing so, as follows...

When: Tuesday; from dusk till whenever

Transport: CityCat and ferry terminal pick-up point.

Map:

Non-Https Image Link

all welcome... bring toys, fuel, smiles, hugs and stuff.

bounce juggle bounce weavesmiley bounce

exact location in mowbray TBA after a scouting mission by one of our minions...

...ok, we really don't have any minions.

any questions... post up or pm me... biggrin

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
dusk, yes... the period of time where day turns to night... approximately 6:30pm here, maybe a lil bit later... and it runs until whenever or interest dies down...

as previously mentioned, given that nathan and I are the only regular participants and that we are relatively crap at spinning, interest usually dies out by around 8:30pm-9:00pm, as we can only entertain each other with our modest talents for so long... tongue

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Right... I shall put that in my Calender... tongue

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
I've only tried to go twice.. and I've missed you both times. Please stay longer- bring a book to entertain yourself or something.

Incidently- I may be bringing a bunch of random (probably a little drunk) people next week, (a few of 'em do spin a bit as well) as I'm staying at an insane student house, and they wanted me to have a go at spinning- but as the house is a) ancient, b) wooden and c) without any real garden space I suggested they go to a meet instead..
It may happen. Stuff tends not to round there.

I *will* be there though.

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
kk... I will try... I've got my 2 lil ones with me this week though, so I'll likely need more than a book to keep myself entertained.

Written by: pogo pretending to be "grown-up"

oh... and coolio re: the randoms, but if they're visibly intoxicated, they're not going anywhere near the hot stuff.

jcrsGOLD Member
the floor is a sea of tigers...
404 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Pogo69

from where in brissie can one purchase bulk supplies of spinning-friendly fuel, such as d60 (I think that's what it's called, anyway)? I abhor kero, and firesol costs too much...

I think Gabe gets hers from a chemical supply house. However, I think it also goes by different names depending on the supplier. eg: Shellsol-T, KSol-T

Either that or get the MSDS for d60/firesol and go to a chem supply house and say that you want something with those properties.

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
thanks joel... I'm on the case. there appear to be a few retail suppliers around the traps; contacting a couple of them today.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Argh!

I'm gonna miss ANOTHER one! Due to Jen (Sureau)'s going away party!

I WILL make one of these before I leave!

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: The Misguided Oracle

Written by: Pogo69

from where in brissie can one purchase bulk supplies of spinning-friendly fuel, such as d60 (I think that's what it's called, anyway)? I abhor kero, and firesol costs too much...

I think Gabe gets hers from a chemical supply house. However, I think it also goes by different names depending on the supplier. eg: Shellsol-T, KSol-T

I regularly buy 20litre drums of Isopar G (which is retailed as Firesol etc) from a chemical company in Wacol. They know we use it for fire spinning. Call me or PM me and I can give you details. I don;t want to publish their name on the internet as I have a very good relationship with them and I don't want to jeopardise that in any way.

If Isopar g is not available or very dear (due to world oil supply issues) then I get d60 from them. d60 has some advantages (cooler burn, not regarded as a dangerous good fror transportation) but has a more detectable odour and is smokier than Isopar G. And seems to have more variation in quality. eg I got some from another source last year and it was much smokier than what I have had before.

I am like Joel... Chris and Jen are having a going away party on Tuesday night so I will be there, not Mowbray . Sorry! Actually, I seem to find Tuesdays really difficult.. after the weekend and then Monday Night Juggle Jam, I often feel the need to stay home on a Tuesday...

Cheers!

Gabe

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
thanks gabe... pm sent.

and I know what you mean about the tuesday... the very same thing is my main excuse for not getting to juggle jam; monday's the day after the weekend and I've usually not got enough left in the tank for it.

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
bugga... can't have one full week go to plan, it seems.

I made it to juggle last night, but neither nathan or I will be at east brisbane this evening; a combination of inclement weather and poor health have meant we're calling it off now, rather than later.

back to regular programming next week, 22 january @ dusk... smile

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
sorry not to see you at Juggle Jam last night.. I hit the wall of tiredness after Exodus....
maybe see you at Jen's?

Nadojourneyman
61 posts

Posted:
Sorry we keep missing you guys, i know 8:30 is pretty early but im up at 4:30 for work and i need my beauty sleep :P

If you come past and you dont see any fire walk past the tables and look for staffs poking out everywhere.

Hope to see you guys there,

-N

_Annie_BRONZE Member
28 posts

Posted:
I;ve been away for a while, are those meetings still happening.. is south bank still happening on mondays or is that gone?

is anything happening? I really want to get back in to it!

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
gday ani... yup yup... we'll be there, every tuesday evening from about 6:30pm...

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I'll be there tonight... smile Let's hope the weather holds out...

Rexxy, yes Monday Juggle Jam still happens... enjoy smile

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
thanks for a head full of antispin, dave... I see antispin... it's everywhere... and I gotta get myself one of those mp3 dock thingies... much more fun spinning to toons...!!

now... off to do some cyber-window-shopping for glow staffs...!!

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
Aren't they just the most awesome staff you've ever seen. I had the priviledge of seeing them in action at Common ground.

Pat you must get some so then next time i see you i can steal them off you and you won't know who stole them and you'll just by another set.... cool

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
mmmm, ouch... they're **VERY** expensive...!! about the only way my staff will be glowing for the foreseeable future, is with a packet of glowsticks and a big roll of stickytape...

on again tonight, same place, same 6:30pm(ish) kinda-sorta time...

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
awww... damn it...

I didn't look outside, did I? shrug anyway; called off due to inclement weather; hopefully it'll be clear skies next week

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hey Pat
Me and Kyle and Ry are thinking of coming down this week.. weather permitting.... You guys gonna be there?

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
ooooh... that'd be fabulous, gabe...

we most certainly will be... although, that "weather permitting" clause is looking decidedly poignant right about now... there's a lot of water out there right now, that I'm hoping washes itself away (into the dams) between now and this evening... *rolls eyes at the fickle weather*

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
Hmm I was planning on coming tonight, but this weather has thrown one bigggg spanner in the works :P Pool party anyone? biggrin

At this stage it looks like I shall you all next week, if the weather permits *also rolls eyes at fickle weather*

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
*poignant*
Pogo, is that a new way of saying *pissing down* ??
Weather looks RUBBISH for fire spinning today. Slippery, mushy grass anyone?

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
*chuckle* ummm... ye... as usual, nature wins...

has been a real run of bad luck and bad weather lately... shrug

would've been good to catch up, tones, been a while... but... there'll be other tuesdays

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
stupid rain... *sigh*... is still a light drizzle here at work, so s'all off for another week... cross fingers, we're back at it, next week...

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
Hmm just went for a quick drive and the lady on the radio told me that there were storms a coming... possible flooding in brisbane cbd, and surrounding suburbs. High winds too maybe, although they did say sunny coast will cop the brunt of it, so could become a fizzler. Oh well, I guess i shall see you all next tues smile

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

keyarghahPLATINUM Member
Woodford is Goodford..!
241 posts

Posted:
hi friends this is syd crew chiming into this thread.. biggrin ill be up on the gold coast this tues so was gonna come down to play with you guys. alas wheather permitting.

everybody do their un-rain dance!

love ciara

'FREE HUGGIES!!'

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hey Ciara
It'd be good to catch up and ya I'd like to come down this week too. I have plenty of fuel to burn up before it gets stale redface

The last storm here fizzled but then Mackay got drowned overnight. Who's to know what'll happen next Tuesday. Let's all meet up somewhere anyway even if it is dank.

keyarghahPLATINUM Member
Woodford is Goodford..!
241 posts

Posted:
wicked.. looks like the suns happy with us today

im heading down to get my locks fixed up so will probably make it tonight smile met up with ben and people from firetrix the other day in brissy so super inspired! after an expensive visit to threeworlds... so yes ill be there!

'FREE HUGGIES!!'

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: keyarghah

wicked.. looks like the suns happy with us today

Really?
Its gloomy cloudy where I am (Bris central) and I got rained on already once!
Reserving my options tonight, me.

You didn' ubbrollsmilet make it to JJ last night! It was a great night, but we missed you anyway!

Page: