• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Videos > First time i lit up my staff

Login/Join to Participate

BMW
BRONZE Member since Jan 2006

stranger

Total posts: 13
Posted:Hi everyone- this is a really short video of the 1st time i lit up my staff (today). At the beginning it looks awful- but it does improve alot after the first 1/4 - where i am still getting used to the fire smile

i would love constructive criticism (not on the first 20 secs or so... i know how bad that is biggrin )

so anyway... enjoy hug

Delete Topic

Rellizate
GOLD Member since Feb 2007

Rellizate

old hand

Total posts: 719
Posted:Cool, but what fuel is that?!

Delete

BMW

stranger

Posted:its just kerosene.... im trying every possible fuel- so i know which one is best for me biggrin

Delete

PK_
BRONZE Member since Dec 2001

PK_

Lambretta Fanatic

Total posts: 4991
Posted:nice video dude... I'm not staff spinner so no criticism from me on the spinning.

PK.

"To be an angel, one need not have wings.
In giving love there is an equal grace.
Nor need one seek the aura in the face,
As love unveils the beauty of all things."

*Francois Couperin.

Delete

Rellizate

Rellizate

old hand

Posted:Weird. I've never known paraffin to catch that easily, nor burn with a flame that bright. I guess kerosene must be more different than paraffin than they say!

Delete

BMW

stranger

Posted:The reason it lit easy that was- i had already burned off a bit of the kerosene, blown it our and re-fueled it, while it was still hot (not dangerous with kero... dont do it with white gas biggrin ) - then i lit it in the video. smile . i dont know about the brightness thing though.

Delete

Rellizate

Rellizate

old hand

Posted:Ahh right. Why did you do that?

Delete

Fire_Moose
SILVER Member since May 2007

Fire_Moose

Elusive and Bearded

Total posts: 3597
Posted:Kero has always been easy to light for me, i always wondered why i had heard it is hard to catch. shrug

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Delete

Rellizate

Rellizate

old hand

Posted:Well it's not HARD to catch, but it once took me 5 minutes to light it in a windy day. Maybe your wicks are frayed?

Delete