Forums > Help! > Fuel MSDS's- Im new and would love some help :)

Login/Join to Participate

BMWBRONZE Member
stranger
13 posts

Posted:
Hi all, i am new (my name is ben.... HI!! smile ) and have been using HoP for staff lessons for a while... but for some reason i have never joined the forums frown . Im about to light up my staff for the first time- but im not sure what fuels to use (yes i have looked at all the topics on fuels biggrin ). I have narrowed it down to two different types... Kerosene or White Gas (the MSDS for it says white spirit... so i hope its the same thing! rolleyes ), however i cannot make any sense of the MSDS. It seems to me that all kerosene is toxic- so how do i know mine is a safe brand (same goes for white gas).

Can anyone tell me which of these My Kerosene or My White Gas is the best- or if they are both unsuitable.

Thanks for your help hug and hopefully soon i can finally light my staff weavesmiley

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Being toxic? as long as your not drinking the stuff I wouldn't worry.

So I would say use either, I've never used white gas, so I can't vouch for how good it is.

Good luck lighting the staff.

BMWBRONZE Member
stranger
13 posts

Posted:
Thanks for that.... i was beginning to think no-one would reply biggrin

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
If I don't normally some one will, some times it takes a while though.

I only post in Help, Discussions and beginners poi moves.

BMWBRONZE Member
stranger
13 posts

Posted:
kool... thanks for that- i think ill go light my staff now. smile

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Enjoy!...

Don't forget a wet towel for putting out your wicks (helps preserve them too), some one to spot you too! safety is most important.

CaffeinatedKatieGOLD Member
Teacher, Dancer, Artist, and General Smartass
149 posts

Posted:
I've had nothing but good luck with white gas, so I've never tried anything else. Bummer though is that when I started spinning I could buy a gallon for $3.25 and now I can't find it cheaper than $7.50