Forums > Social Chat > New Zealand festival ("the gathering" ?)

Login/Join to Participate

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
hey all new zealanders.i heard a rumour of a wicked festival called the gathering, taking place over new years.wondered if anyone had any info or links.would be much appreciated as i'm planning a trip down.feel free to e-mail me on:fubar_37@hotmail.comcheers all.

Fire Punkmember
18 posts

Posted:
It just so happens I stumbled upon the website for this shin-dig about a year ago. I would LOVE to go, it seems like it is a mini Burning Man, but I live in the states, and can't afford it. Anywho, here is the site address--- https://www.gathering.co.nz/

pjmember
277 posts

Posted:
Hmm. I just saw from the FAQ:Naked Flames The rule banning naked flames includes portable gas stoves such as a primus - and any device where the flame is exposed. We are considering providing supervised cooking areas, but naked flames (of any kind) are too dangerous to the area. Does this mean no fire poi?-p.

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
I have a friend from NZ who went to that for the year 2000! He said it was the crazyest thing he has ever been to. MAD FIRE SPINNING!!!!!! He came back with a lot of new moves. I will try to get a hold of him for info.talk to you later,Ski

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!