smiling_madlyBRONZE Member
26 posts

Posted:
Anyone know of anything like an anti burn paste/cream or gel that can be applied to the skin to prevent/reduce burns. E.g. Smear it all over your hand, dip the hand in fuel (being extremely selective of the fuel and having researched thoroughly) and then ignition - 'whoomph' your hand goes up. Pretty sure it can be done but not sure if can be done without gloves/suit. Anyone getting ideas about doing something silly like that - don't? I just wondered. smile eek

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
wait...you want your hand on fire!? umm

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
it's a stuntman cream, but off the top of my head i can't remember what it is called...

for anyone looking at this thread thinking what i was thinking, aloe vera gel is the original and best burn cream - i have seen with my own eyes serious burns disappear in 24 hours with this. (not saying this will happen all the time, or you shouldn't seek medical help, but it IS fantastic)

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Mate youre crazy thinking you should put ANY cream on flesh and get away with dipping your hand in fuel and igniting it!!!

eek frown

What are you wanting to achieve?

I am using an anti burn, heat resistant cream on the TV show im doing now - I can find out what it is - but it cost £200 and even thats not gonna do the job you want.

I say dont do it, unless youre either a stunt man or have an amazing plastic surgeon and great pain killers!!
EDITED_BY: FireNix (1192483142)

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

xjereBRONZE Member
38 posts

Posted:
...not that I know of. There are better ways yo get that effect without actually dipping your hand in fuel and lighting up, though either way it'll get real hot, real fast, and you'll probably smell bad (burned hair is not a desireable smell).

Who wants to see a monkey on fire?

Invader XanSILVER Member
Your friendly neighbourhood mad scientist
479 posts

Posted:
There's an understatement!

"Love the art in yourself and not yourself in the art."
--Konstantin Stanislavisky

xjereBRONZE Member
38 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Invader Xan

There's an understatement!

most people do call me a bit of a stoic...

Who wants to see a monkey on fire?

Frenz_brstranger
7 posts

Posted:
 Written by: xjere

(burned hair is not a desireable smell).

wel after a while u kinda get used to it..
btw i think the hairs on my arm have benn burned so much that they dont want to grow back.. =/

26 posts

Posted:
Ever see people in movies go up in flames? Cars through explosions? Guess that has certain appeal. One of the things about watching someone spin with fire is just that - they're spinning FIRE - it's a risk thing. To set your hand alight makes that risk a reality in the viewers eyes so it would finish off your twirling session in a very peachy way? The idea came to mind watching the COL2 DVD - some guy transfers a flame from lit end of staff to ignite the other end - with his hand? At least - it looked like that.

Just for record there's no expectation of ever setting hand alight. But ya never know...

26 posts

Posted:
...and I ALWAYS smell of burnt hair! lol eek

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Ah well the thing in col is a little different then. If you want to find out more try searching for trailing ,tracing , fire transfers or fire drawing.

But please find somebody experienced to teach you if you want to try it your self, Because it can be very dangerous

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

26 posts

Posted:
Cheers Blueberry - appreciate the pointer smile In all seriousness I do myself enough damage doing basic poi stuff so think tracing, trailing, etc is a long way off. Nice though, wouldn't mind knowing how it was done so will look into it.

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
I do the flame transfers with my staff, most of the time its no big deal but a couple times ive gotten too much fuel on my hands and got a minor burn ALL over my hand, so ya minor burn but lots of it, wasnt the best feeling in the world.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!