Page:
EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
Woodford is coming up again!

Dec 26 - Jan 1

Great music, fantastic people and lots of circus goodness!

biggrin

https://www.woodfordfolkfestival.com/

I know its early days - but I am already excited!!!!

Who is looking at going this year?!

juggle

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
New show going to be premiering there.
Should be sweet
Aswell as Renegade madness and some more workshops
See ya'll there

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
hi eve! i'll be at woodford this year
bet you're gettin' too fancy for your pants over there in circus school

"Be the Bunny"

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Huh! I am still in first year.. I won't get fancy till... ooh, next year at least!
wink
Hows Brissy these days?

hehe Woodford is going to be so extra good this year... woooot!
Can't wait to see your new show Rob, bet it will rock smile Miss you all! hug

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Will be there as usual smile Make sure you say hi.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hey Eve, you beat me to it! I was just coming on to put up a thread about Woodford Circadia, and this one is here!

Well, I will certainly be there again.. running the Circadia community circus / workshops venue again: with an expanded program including aerials and clowning as well as all the manipulation/stilts etc...

and with the most astonishing crew: most of the 2UberOz teachers: Grace Billings, Kyle Mclean, Mr Om, Mark Douglass, Alice Robinson, Chris Carlos, LiquidFusion Fire (Dan Brookes, Stevo Xtremo Kelly and Brad)

Lovely mentors from previous years: Helen Averley, Steve Cousins, Joe May, Jill Maglio

AND new HoPpers and wonderful players like Christian Parr, Dale Sandwith (Feicha!!!) Fulvia Hughes...it's going to be GREAT!!

Also, there's lots of volunteer places still available if you don't want to/can;t afford to pay for a ticket... not with Circadia, I'm afraid, but lots of other spots... just go online and register... (the first thing they ask for is confusing... a registration number... just use your name....)

SO... see you there!!

I'll be at the program launch in 3 weeks so I'll put up more info as I find it out.

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
So looking forward to hanging out with all you Woodford-ites
Again another amazing line up of Workshopers and Mentorites!!
Not sure who else is performing? but im sure its gona be wicked
I too am looking forward to getting our new show!
Peas

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: FireNix

Not sure who else is performing? but im sure its gona be wicked

All shall be revealed at the Programme Launch in a few weeks... I can say at this point that the Palace programme ( the full production circus shows) is going all day this year... and the whole area around Circadia will be a ClownLand.. cross fingers for Whacko and Blotto! ubbloco

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
I won't be at Woodford this year but sounds like you guys are going to have an absolute blast!

7 Days of Mr Oms teaching :o

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Oh Wow!
I sooooooooo can't wait for the program to be be released!!!*bounce bounce bounce*
oooh and I hope we have all the usual circadia cabaret nights smile I am definately looking forward to those, and all the renegade craziness of coarse!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Eveish

I hope we have all the usual circadia cabaret nights smile

Yep biggrin There will be mentoring sessions each late afternoon, followed by Fire Cabaret, and indoor Cir-Cabaret most nights for festival folk to join in. And plenty other play ubbrollsmile Kyle will be doing his magic interactive late night projections... plus other treats to be announced....

But I dunno about renegade.. ya can;t PLAN a renegade wink ubbrollsmile

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Exactamondee

But....theres BOUND to be a Renegade!!!

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

jcrsGOLD Member
the floor is a sea of tigers...
404 posts

Posted:
ubbrollsmile *runs arounds wildly* WOOODFORD! only 73 sleeps to go (assuming i didn't mess up my counting) ubbrollsmile

PhaiGOLD Member
113 posts

Posted:
*starts hyperventilating* 73 Sleeps?!? I need to start packing... and unpacking... and then repacking!

biggrin

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
YAY!!

i'm really looking forward to this year's fest

Ant and I will be performing .:*StarGazers*:. (roving stilt characters)

and will be sure to hang out at the juggle space and all the circadia craziness as well as run around the whole festival like mad things, soaking up all the wild and wonderful things that is the woodford folk festival biggrin ubbrollsmile grouphug

can't wait for the program to be released! bounce

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
*crash tackles pixie*
SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Can't wait to see you both again!!! There will be much hoopy goodness smile

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
i maybe getting a woodford ticket for xmas this year biggrin

.... anyone up for drinking cocktails with me?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Yeah YEah YEAH!!!
PM Gabe - maybe she can help you.
SURELY we need some Masterclasses in Coctail drinking from you!!
I am there with jingly bells on mate
How was CG?

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
CG was complicated for me, women eh rolleyes i think i may need more practice before running a master class turns out we where mixing our long island iced teas 4 times stronger than they where meant to be eek still no hangover though so this is good smile

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
ubbrollsmile ubblol biggrin yayyyy .:*tickles eve*:.! will be awesome to see you again tooooo!*:. ubblove

i'm up for the cocktail drinkies too! biggrin ubbrollsmile grouphug

i'm reeeally looking forward to woodford this year... i keep getting lil flashes of the festival and it makes me smilie biggrin

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
Have a great time guys smile

Ive decided to give woodford a miss this year. I had a fantastic time last year - but just dont feel up for a 7 days festival at this point.

if any of you interstaters/internationaller are passing thru be sure to stop by brissy to say hi.

ubbrollsmile
E.

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
No way Man
You cant do that!!!
Having said that - I know what you mean about getting Festied out!!
In that case can I borrow your tent Bro!?
What are your plans for Xmas then?
I might come over early if that OK - and spend Xmas day with you?
You still at Gabes place?
Hope you well bro and see you soon

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Am I right in guessing that in being unbelievably slack that I have missed an opportunity to be a volunteer? frown

Nevermind, the price is still good for an average punter!

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Nah - I think you can still apply for general volenteer via the website - I think Gabe has filled her quota.
No hard in PM-ing her though. I would recomend you
Hope youre having fun Dave

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

Am I right in guessing that in being unbelievably slack that I have missed an opportunity to be a volunteer? frown

Nevermind, the price is still good for an average punter!

FIrenix is right, there are still loads of spots for general Festival volunteers. Possible to work the hours before the festival too. We can talk about it when you get here, Dave. Sort you out, eh. smile

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Rob you going to Woodford via Perth?

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Probably not now
Ive just finished a TV show [Old link]
and they want me to return later in the series and I have a few well paid gigs - so I think im gonna be leaving the UK later than planned. For sure im gonna try to get to Perth at some point though.
Are you coming to Woodford? Any of the gang?
Hope youre well and the whipping coming on?
Love2U all

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
woodford is now only 8 and a half weeks away!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
OK so the programme is out now! As well as CIRCADIA offering circussy spinny workshops play space and cool toons from 9am till the wee hours each day, we will be surrounded by the usual 6 days of amazing allsorts and live everything... 20 concurrent venues now ubbloco from intimate to raging to a main stage that takes up an entire valley and Klownville (Freak Street goes large) Great whacko stuff like That One Guy, Babylon Circus (woohoo!), bent streeties and japanese performance art. Heaps of more mainstream/folkie/reggae/jazzy music like the Cat Empire, the Waifs, Blue King Brown etcetc. Lotsa folkie heros like Eric Bogle, Shooglenifty. Plus film, blues, dance, visual arts, theatre, folkloric, comedy, murri, talks, endless workshops, kids stuff, But there's like 500 acts so I am not going to name them all!

AND The Palace and The Empire are on again for full on circus and cabaret.. burlesque workshops! etcetcetc

*falls over breathless*

The full programme wil be published online on Nov 1st ubbrollsmile plenty tickets available and there are still even volunteers spots so you can go for free!

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

So much to see and do! I can't wait! *bounce bounce bounce*

jcrsGOLD Member
the floor is a sea of tigers...
404 posts

Posted:
Just got my hands on the program today and OMG OMG i can't decide what i want to see... there's just so much to do and see and eat and do and see and eat...

Page: