Page:
EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
Woodford is coming up again!

Dec 26 - Jan 1

Great music, fantastic people and lots of circus goodness!

biggrin

https://www.woodfordfolkfestival.com/

I know its early days - but I am already excited!!!!

Who is looking at going this year?!

juggle

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
Can't wait. Camping this year. *woot* but,,,,I still have to work so I'll be driving back and fourth from the Sunshine coast everyday. frown So if anyone needs a lift let me know!

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

BandanaDaveGOLD Member
21 posts

Posted:
HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

WOODFORD I CAN'T WAIT!

It's that time of year, when my greatest fears will simply wane away.
My fellow man and his glorious plan created where my soul will stay
Those laughs and rhyme that last through time brighten more than any day
It's Woodford i choose to dance without shoes long after my hair has gone grey.

Sorry you all had to endure that......

*grin*

I don't surpose that anyone will be making the rush of a road trip north to Woodford in the depths of Christmas day night?

If so then may I join thee? I can drive, i have CD's, two shoes for dancing, a grin for most and when i get that feeling I can change the world with my own two hands!

Sorry, Woodford Syndrome....

Smiles all, especially to you Gabe, looking forward to seeing you up there.

Cheers,
David

Many Smiles,
David

PhaiGOLD Member
113 posts

Posted:
kiss

Not too shoddy Dave, not bad at all.

...though don't they have rules against entering Woodford barefoot? ubblol

Actually, I'm heading from Sydney on Christmas Day evening - except I'm taking the overnight train up. Sorry dude, though you're welcome to join me on the sleeper rail.

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
*waits for Firenix*

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Waiting for?
Should I contact you now re: workshops, your place, tents, lifts, etc..... wink biggrin
I was gonna email you direct, see whe you and all the crew are hitting site
Hope youre well

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Personal email sent!!....

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Is anyone here driving back down towards melbs after woody?? If so, and you have a space - would love to share costs and travel with you hug
PM me

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
gabe- do you know if any artist transport will happen on the 25th?? I could only get a flight to brissy on X-mas day, and have not got a clue how to get out to the festival site, as usually transfers only start on the 26th...
any info?

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Artist transfers only start on 26th. You may need to stay in Brissy on the evening of 25th and go up public transport or get a lift on 26th. I will already be onsite at Woodford on 25th, though there may well be some people at my house . So you might squeeze in there even. I am not arranging any lifts for people but I am near a railway line.

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the info Gabe!
I think the lovely Joel has me sorted smile

I am sooo excited! All booked.. Squeee!

BandanaDaveGOLD Member
21 posts

Posted:
For anyone that needs it, I will probably be driving back to Newcastle on the 2nd. If that seems of use to you let me know, it looks like two places at the moment.

Smiles,
David

Many Smiles,
David

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Less than a month now!!!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
OK folks
Just letting you know that there are VERY FEW volunteer spots left: so if you are thinking to come and work your passage... APPLY ONLINE NOW!!!!

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I've got mine! biggrin

I'm on roster A as a runner! This is gonna be be goooood....

Cheers for crash space Nugabi! hug

What day is everyone turning up and where are they camping?

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
If you are volunteering over Christmas/New Year you set up pre festival in the Volunteers Camp, Its really nice there, and quieter during the Festival. Most Circadia crew will be in Performers Camp which has cachet despite being hell crowded and noisy wink. Some may go over to the Volunteer camp for that reason. There are enormous sprawling grounds for the patrons/punters/participants/public as well.
Most people arrive 26th Dec. You will run! ubbrollsmile

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
I'm still tring to get my hubby into volunteering at klownsville. fingers crossed!

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
Yay! Finally got confirmation of my confusing volunteeringy stuff!
(I'm doing setup but arriving 3 days late, and I've been getting emails saying to arrive 3 days before my plane does, so was getting a little paranoid)

I'll be arriving in Brisbane on the 12th, (fairly late on) and heading over to the site the next day.
Anyone heading over there on Dec the 13th from Brisbane?

Oh yes, and does anyone know where I can get a cheap but decent tent- I currently own The Worst Tent In The World (tm) - it's 'shower resistant' apparently, and looks like it used to belong to the Famous 5- so I'm leaving it in NZ and I'll need to get a new one that's actually waterproofish; after it's thrown it down both times I tried to sleep in a tent in Oz, I have no faith in your drought.

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

miestamember
101 posts

Posted:
What's the Klownsville thing all about? is that for wacko and blotto? or some freak street kind of thing?

I fly to brissy on the 17th, especially for juggle jam!! and the lead up to woodford!
Were's a cheap place to stay in brissy (near city)? ill have a tent so even a piece of grass will do, or a cheap backpackers.
CANT WAIT!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Newmarket Gardens Caravan Park is pretty good for camping: easy bus to city and good facilities. Cnr Ashgrove Ave and Kelvin Grove Rd.

Klownville is a new area of mayhem; a demon child of Freek St indeed. Down past Circadia, by the creek where Visual Arts used to be. Wacko and Blotto are going to be in attendance, but up by the Duck/Red Star, whatever it's called these days.

Miesta, are you one of the Psycus crew?

miestamember
101 posts

Posted:
Cheers Gabe.
Yeh I'm with the crew, how'd you figure that out? because I'm from the 'topend'?
Is the area around circadia going to be layed out the same as last year? I hope so, it worked so well last festival.

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Ya that was a bit of a clue, eh! I think layout pretty much the same; We are having the aerials rig in front of us too again I believe. Bendy ladies. smile

Our Circadia program is more workshop focused this year... not so much space for free play. But as I am increasingly sure this is going to be a wet one, I will restrict numbers in each workshop to make sure there is some play space indoors. Also I will not be loaning soooo many toys out (some of course; especially not to total newbies. Random diabolos hurt!)

If people want to learn to play something they can buy one from a stall. Oooh look!!! Just over there! A stall!! wink
EDITED_BY: newgabe (1197252113)

miestamember
101 posts

Posted:
Your a legend Gabe! I just hope there's some play and sleeping space for us again. I think the free play tended to overflow outside (sometimes even in the rain too), which was great, made the shop look popular and eased up congestion in Circadia.

Circadia's turning into a hospital hey, cool. Teach em juggling whilst their super young. juggle

We'll have some practise toys again, and will be willing to teach anyone who wants to learn. wink

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Well if you don't mind us sending all the naughty kids and random playsters your way, it will certainly happen again!

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
 Written by: hamamelis

Yay! Finally got confirmation of my confusing volunteeringy stuff!

(I'm doing setup but arriving 3 days late, and I've been getting emails saying to arrive 3 days before my plane does, so was getting a little paranoid)

I'll be arriving in Brisbane on the 12th, (fairly late on) and heading over to the site the next day.

Anyone heading over there on Dec the 13th from Brisbane?

Oh yes, and does anyone know where I can get a cheap but decent tent- I currently own The Worst Tent In The World (tm) - it's 'shower resistant' apparently, and looks like it used to belong to the Famous 5- so I'm leaving it in NZ and I'll need to get a new one that's actually waterproofish; after it's thrown it down both times I tried to sleep in a tent in Oz, I have no faith in your drought.

For a cheap tent look for an 'BCF' or 'Anaconda' store. They are both mega camping stores and by far the cheapest i have seen. I recently picked up a spare 2 person tent for $27 :O Has been through a few half decent storms and not a drop inside yet biggrin

Edit: Oh but that was one of their suprise one night massive sales that randomly happened to be on the night i was getting more supplies. Hurrah biggrin
EDITED_BY: Basstones (1196654146)

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

miestamember
101 posts

Posted:
 Written by: newgabe

Well if you don't mind us sending all the naughty kids and random playsters your way, it will certainly happen again!

I have a feeling I'm gonna regret saying that eek
limited toys = less chaos

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
Thanks, is there one of either of those somewhere easy to reach?
It's just that I'm only going to have one afternoon to get hold of one (unless I manage to find a light enough one in Christchurch- I'm right on the baggage limit already).
So close now!

If that's okay with you?

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Basstones

For a cheap tent look for an 'BCF' or 'Anaconda' store.

eek

Noooooo! Not Anaconda!! they are an giant mega chain that kills local businesses!

And they are not necessarily cheaper at all...

Try a Great Outdoors shop...

hazel, you;re arriving on 12th.. so you must have a vol spot pre-festival? I forget, what work are you doing?

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hey a friend has an earlybird season camping ticket to sell for $300. PM me if you are interested.
Cheers
Gabe

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
I'm on 'Woodforce'.. I changed, I was doing Car Park, but I figured it would be better to go set-up.

You didn't forget, I never said biggrin

If that's okay with you?

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Heh Gabe
Hope youre Pa is better and just wondering if youve got time to respond to the email I sent before.
Not long now - I really should buy my flight!!!
Love to you

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Page: