Forums > Social Chat > Ideas to celebrate my 30th Birthday

Login/Join to Participate

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
OK People. I'm turning 30 in just under 2 months. I want to celebrate but am drawing a blank.
(I did a search but the word birthday appears in every 3rd post shrug)

I don't really drink which kinda blows most peoples ides out of the window. but I'm looking for ideas which I can celebrate with some good friends without me having to drive all the drunk ones home wink

examples - my 21st birthday involved me racing a variety of cars around brands hatch race circuit biggrin

I'm looking for something not too expensive but still good fun. help me people

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Bouncy castle party.

Toga party.

Traffic light party

or all 3 ubblol

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I should mention I'm in southampton it will be december wink so it'll be wet and cold... and I don't have a lot of space for a party (plus my place would be where my lady's little boy would be baby sat)

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
Sack race.

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
paint ball !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wink

hire a club out with a dj, get a stripper (everyone puts a coupla quid in) with a buffett.................

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Kathain_BowenGood Ol' Yarn For Hair
422 posts

Posted:
I didn't really do anything for my birthday the last five years, so I can't really make any recommendations.

However....

The Illustrious Johnny Bass has decided that birthdays are no longer singular days and must be celebrated for a period of five or more days, with copious amounts of kicking music, alcohol, friends, food, and fun. I tend to agree with the Illustrious Johnny Bass on most of these counts ('cept for the booze, since I stopped drinking after getting absolutely smashed in front of my old boss). He's plotting for four days worth of concerts leading up to a night where we're all heading to Philly to party at a club we all love.

.... I'm not certain if that helps or stirs up any ideas....

Oh, oh! One of my friends had a party that was themed "Regression." It was actually REALLY fun. She brought back all of the stuff that was around from when we were five to ten for her twentieth birthday. It was an uber-cheese-fest, but it was actually really quirky, creative and fun.

Skydive?

Bungie jump?

Buy an expensive "extension-of-my-manhood" car?

"So long and thanks for all the fish."

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Kathain_Bowen

Buy an expensive "extension-of-my-manhood" car?

Uber ubblol car's *sigh* not my best friends wink

Some good ideas guys thanks - bubbles. you know I don't drink rolleyes A club would involve me driving drunk people home and there aren't any decent ones in walking distance most my friends live a little way away.

Nearly died on a reverse bungey when it went wrong and fired me sideways into a stanchion. I'll probably have a good think before I do a normal one.

I want to skydive but don't think the weather prospects in december are that good for a first one.

I hate having a birthday in December - crappy weather
Paintballing is something I want to do too. have to see if I can rustle up interest, money 3 weeks before december is normally tight for everyone... maybe I should move my birthday to June wink

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
ya i got a de cember b-day too, mines after x-mas so i either get regifts, or everyone forgets, yay.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

ChellySILVER Member
Niraffe
884 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mynci

I hate having a birthday in December - crappy weather

You should try having a birthday in December in the north of Scotland. wink

Ummm - is there any cool stuff you want to do near where you live? Like go-karting? Or, like Jenna said, paintball? A big spin meet? (You could maybe have it somewhere you could set a bonfire...)

Alternately, you could come to Scotland and help me celebrate mine... wink ubblol

"Lots of beeping. And shaking and tinfoil." Chelly

"Are you sure it's a genuine test and not a robot heroin addict?" Cantus

---set free by the rather lovely FireTom---
--(right arm owned by Fyre)--

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
We should organize a December Birthday spin meet. Everyone with a December birthday can come out here (obviously the weather will be nicest here smile) we can spin and BBQ and have a bon fire in my backyard. Whos coming?

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Include January birthdays and I'm there biggrin

It was my 50th on January 6th - not only crap weather but people quite genuinely do not have any money left and are pretty much partied out. So I had a day at an adventure park type place - it's an small independent place so not much use to you darn sarf but I'm sure there'll be something near to you. The weather made it much more fun - we got so wet and muddy as it's a serious of bridges and swings over a stream - and the jug flasks of hot chocolate and gluh wein went down very well. It was £7 per person but I got that down to £5 with a group booking.

Everyone who went wants to go again so it wasn't just me who had a cracking good day

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
A children's birthday party.
Everybody has to bring some food you usually get at a children's birthday party (like cake with a clown's face on it, snickers, generally speeking sweets), and everybody has to organize a game you play at children's birthdays only (games could be "hit the pot", or however you translate that, bite into an apple which is swimming in a water tub without using your hands, and so on). And you all have to wear funny hats and the whole place is decorated with streamers and so. And everybody HAS to play and wear the hat and so.

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
we were thinking of going to amsterdam for a night but my passport expired...

December birthdays I know / near me
Me (5th)
LMSP's Son (19th)
Blu_valley (16th)
Jesus (25th..ish)
Mattbassman (31st)
2008 (31st)

That's a lot of people to celebrate with on 1 pay packet

Big up the december massive ubblol

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
get a marquee, someone to play music (live/DJ) and a bubble machine (just because)

have it in the countryside somewhere: so if people want to drink they can camp out, and no neighbours to disturb.

Have a good old indoor/outdoor spin make it byob/bbq/tent

and make tickets to cover the costs

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
rent a cinema screen or a pub with a screen and watch your favourite movies. Designate a driver because it's your birthday and you won't drive, I'm sure at least ONE of your friends will agree to that, and other people can share a taxi.

What else... pool tournament? Huge pot-luck dinner? 30s-theme thingy (either the era or stars in their 30s-dressups?) Bowling? Laserquest? Big fire on the beach? (I KNOW it's December, but if the fire's big enough it might be fun)

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
 Written by: LazyAngel

get a marquee,and make tickets to cover the costs

ubblol spooky Was talking to simon about this for southern lights next year we have found a big marquee with the old coconut matting and extras for under £1000

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
hmm let me see... go to travel agent, buy airline ticke to Goa, write PM to FireTom and let him pick you up at the airport, drive you to your house/ apartment and ... meditate or do :rollsmiley: do yoga on the beach smile

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
ubblove that gets my vote

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
How'd it go Mynci?

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Bubbles_

paint ball !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wink

hire a club out with a dj, get a stripper (everyone puts a coupla quid in) with a buffett.................

no - naked paintball haha

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible