Forums > Social Chat > Just to let people know!

Login/Join to Participate

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
OK,not that it aplies to many people (but some people have shown interest in the subject in the past).I thought I would let everyone know that The Drome in london, having been moved from London Bridge to Elephant and castle a couple of months ago,has had its music and dance licence revoked yet again confused .For some this means the end (for the time being)of fluffy parties and great spinning meet ups frown andfor others it shows, yet again, the substancial crackdown on the world party scene in action. madOh well, hopefully they will find another venue.cheers guys peace outgarbo tongue------------------
quote:
"Be the change"Mahatma Ghandi
[This message has been edited by garbo (edited 19 May 2001).]

be excellent to each other: safe:

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
shit. i thought they had the issue with being busted sorted. i was already planning my next trip down.oh well. do keep us updated on how they get on or if any of the nights find a different venue ( Anti-world especially) tonguecheers for the update garbo. grin

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts

Posted:
Other events such as Anti-world and plur 2 have moved to the old drome venue which is now called se1 or something.personally I won't go there on the principle cause they closed the drome saying it was not suitable for a night club and ow they have just put another night club in its place.peace outgarbo tongue------------------
quote:

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
oh no, not again... frown that sucks.... i really hope that a new venue can be found! what was wrong this time????...and btw i agree that what they did with the old venue being a new night-club now and all really sucks frownhappy swinging,Simos

ChloeBRONZE Member
54 posts

Posted:
Yeh, that is a bit of a bummer, i was planning to go to the next AntiWorld aswell. Have to find somewhere else to play.Chloe

Chloe.
-I'm dancing through the fire just to catch a flame-
Paul Weller

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts

Posted:
Am not sure if they have been kicked out the venue or not.I don't think they have its just their licence revoked.peace outgarbo tongue------------------
quote:

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts

Posted:
Wait I just found this on accessallareas.org
quote:
PARTIES @THE DROME ARE TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED.......Wednesday 16 May 2001 New Pond Scum on 19/5/01 is Cancelled @the Drome – A new venue is being saught. Please enquire on the day. Due to recent changes in the law, the new Drome in Elephant & Castle will be a members only club. For membership applications, please come to the shop in Camden.
god knows whats going on.peace outgarbo tongue------------------
quote:

Dimitrimember
26 posts

Posted:
The juggling/twirling workshops are still going on at the Drome in Elephant&Castle every Tuesday!!!!!

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts

Posted:
How come that is happening. Have they not closed?more info please.cheers manpeace outgarbo tongue------------------
quote:

Dimitrimember
26 posts

Posted:
Hi Garbo,Basically, the Drome Crew have hired out the building. Because the workshop is not a party it therefore doesn't require a licence. So we are still going on every Tuesday...7-11!!!!CheersDimitri

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts

Posted:
Sorry dude I apologise. frownDidn't think any events were going on at all. confusedHope to come down to the workshop after june 15th (when my exams finish grin) will you keep us updated on any moves or changes to the workshop. winkcheers man grinpeace outgarbo tongue------------------
quote:
[This message has been edited by garbo (edited 21 May 2001).]

Axismember
171 posts

Posted:
I'd love to come and practice down at the Drome, but where exactly is it?Axis.

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts

Posted:
Hey Axis how u doing.Should really meet up @ some point.Did you meet up with Rhiannon yet?Anyway. The address if
quote:
THE DROME44-46 Newington CausewayElephant and CastleLondonSE1 6DR
For a map go to www.accessallareas.orgthen "parties"then "venues"the "MAP" next THE DROMEpeace outgarbo tongue------------------
quote: