• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > Just to let people know!

Login/Join to Participate

gάrbǿ

gάrbǿ

addict

Total posts: 521
Posted:OK,not that it aplies to many people (but some people have shown interest in the subject in the past).I thought I would let everyone know that The Drome in london, having been moved from London Bridge to Elephant and castle a couple of months ago,has had its music and dance licence revoked yet again
Non-Https Image Link
.For some this means the end (for the time being)of fluffy parties and great spinning meet ups
Non-Https Image Link
andfor others it shows, yet again, the substancial crackdown on the world party scene in action.
Non-Https Image Link
Oh well, hopefully they will find another venue.cheers guys peace outgarbo
Non-Https Image Link
------------------ quote:"Be the change"Mahatma Ghandi [This message has been edited by garbo (edited 19 May 2001).]

be excellent to each other: safe:

Delete Topic

CAINED-AND-UNABLE

Total posts: 214
Posted:shit. i thought they had the issue with being busted sorted. i was already planning my next trip down.oh well. do keep us updated on how they get on or if any of the nights find a different venue ( Anti-world especially)
Non-Https Image Link
cheers for the update garbo.
Non-Https Image Link

Delete

gάrbǿ

gάrbǿ

addict

Posted:Other events such as Anti-world and plur 2 have moved to the old drome venue which is now called se1 or something.personally I won't go there on the principle cause they closed the drome saying it was not suitable for a night club and ow they have just put another night club in its place.peace outgarbo
Non-Https Image Link
------------------ quote:"Be the change"Mahatma Ghandi

Delete

Simos

enthusiast

Total posts: 382
Posted:oh no, not again...
Non-Https Image Link
that sucks.... i really hope that a new venue can be found! what was wrong this time????...and btw i agree that what they did with the old venue being a new night-club now and all really sucks
Non-Https Image Link
happy swinging,Simos

Delete

Chloe
BRONZE Member since Dec 2000

Total posts: 54
Posted:Yeh, that is a bit of a bummer, i was planning to go to the next AntiWorld aswell. Have to find somewhere else to play.Chloe

Chloe.
-I'm dancing through the fire just to catch a flame-
Paul Weller

Delete

gάrbǿ

gάrbǿ

addict

Posted:Am not sure if they have been kicked out the venue or not.I don't think they have its just their licence revoked.peace outgarbo
Non-Https Image Link

Delete

gάrbǿ

gάrbǿ

addict

Posted:Wait I just found this on accessallareas.org quote:PARTIES @THE DROME ARE TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED.......Wednesday 16 May 2001 New Pond Scum on 19/5/01 is Cancelled @the Drome A new venue is being saught. Please enquire on the day. Due to recent changes in the law, the new Drome in Elephant & Castle will be a members only club. For membership applications, please come to the shop in Camden. god knows whats going on.peace outgarbo
Non-Https Image Link

Delete

Dimitri

Total posts: 26
Posted:The juggling/twirling workshops are still going on at the Drome in Elephant&Castle every Tuesday!!!!!

Delete

gάrbǿ

gάrbǿ

addict

Posted:How come that is happening. Have they not closed?more info please.cheers manpeace outgarbo
Non-Https Image Link

Delete

Dimitri

Total posts: 26
Posted:Hi Garbo,Basically, the Drome Crew have hired out the building. Because the workshop is not a party it therefore doesn't require a licence. So we are still going on every Tuesday...7-11!!!!CheersDimitri

Delete

gάrbǿ

gάrbǿ

addict

Posted:Sorry dude I apologise.
Non-Https Image Link
Didn't think any events were going on at all.
Non-Https Image Link
Hope to come down to the workshop after june 15th (when my exams finish
Non-Https Image Link
) will you keep us updated on any moves or changes to the workshop.
Non-Https Image Link
cheers man
Non-Https Image Link
peace outgarbo
Non-Https Image Link
------------------ quote:"Be the change"Mahatma Ghandi [This message has been edited by garbo (edited 21 May 2001).]

Delete

Axis

Total posts: 171
Posted:I'd love to come and practice down at the Drome, but where exactly is it?Axis.

Delete

gάrbǿ

gάrbǿ

addict

Posted:Hey Axis how u doing.Should really meet up @ some point.Did you meet up with Rhiannon yet?Anyway. The address if quote:THE DROME44-46 Newington CausewayElephant and CastleLondonSE1 6DRFor a map go to www.accessallareas.orgthen "parties"then "venues"the "MAP" next THE DROMEpeace outgarbo
Non-Https Image Link

Delete