Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Caught On Camera - Northern Spinners Meet 27th

Login/Join to Participate

willworkforfoodjnrSILVER Member
Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
Calling all spinners/jugglers/manipulators/silly sods! On Saturday the 27th October, come join our guerilla video experiment in Leeds city center. The plan is simple: get plenty of people from the surrounding area who have not met before to come together, give them one afternoon and the run of the city to come up with some wonderful yet quickly coreographed sequences in impressive locations, catch it all on camera! Finally we'll be finishing with some fire in a local park, and a trip to the pub.

Anybody, of any level, can attend the day, we're not looking for videos of amazing tricks, we instead want to see how creatively a group of strangers can work together in a relaxed atmosphere to create something beautiful and different. All the footage we record will be turned into a video to be released onto the internet. We have no specific plans for things we'll be doing, this really is in your hands!

We are currently working on the assumption of just one video camera and several still cameras, but if anybody can bring along more video devices we can get even more footage. Anybody who can bring a video camera please let me know and I'll sort out a miniDV tape(or whatever media) for you to record onto. The tape will be returned to you once the edited video has been created. We'll be bringing plenty of paraffin along but obviously the more the better!

We will be setting off from the square in front of Leeds train station about 3pm on Saturday the 27th October, and working our way upto Hyde Park from there. We'll aim to get upto Hyde Park by 6pm (sunset) at the latest so that we can setup to do a couple of hours of fire, then find a nice pub and relax with your newfound mates.

It would be useful if people could let me know approximate numbers of people who will be coming, where from, and what props you'll be bringing. I'll give anyone who contacts me my phone number for more information. Also, if anyone has suggestions for impressive spots to visit on our little tour we can begin to plan an approximate route.

Thanks everyone, and I hope to see you soon!
[plA]
Chris

Working hard to be a wandering hippie layabout. Ten years down, five to go!

FelixwahSILVER Member
journeyman
81 posts

Posted:
hey man me and timmi will defo be attending i will spread the word to people in my area smile

looking forward to smile

Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
After the event got delayed by a week, its now definately happening this Saturday (the 3rd), hope to see plenty of people there biggrin

Chris

FelixwahSILVER Member
journeyman
81 posts

Posted:
noooooo i cant this weekend! unless i bring my boy all the way to leeds hmmmm

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
I can't really make it unfortunately, need a lot more notice for these things, already have made plans. frown

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
Felix - dooooooo it biggrin We're going back to Manc to see Mr Scruff afterwards so you'll have company on the return journey and everything!

Prickly - Ah well, if this one goes off OK I'll be organising some more, probably in different locations - and I'll kick up more of a fuss beforehand.
EDITED_BY: willworkforfoodjnr (1193920978)