Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Cirque de Celebrite-Fire performance and Training-Sunday 7.30pm

Login/Join to Participate

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Edited Post:

Check it out again tonight just before the Simpsons and again for the whole show, for a wee snippet of me doing Giant Fire Poi as part of the group choregraphy....YES you will see Silver Spandex again!!

Greetings all

Bit of Self Promotion and also of interest to some

I am training some Celebrites Fire Poi, for the SKY one production. They are actually pretty good - must be the great teacher they have!!! wink

You can check it out every Sunday (im only training them for the 1st week) where they shall be doing various Circus skills.

You can go on the Website for free tickets also, if anyone wants to come along.

Enjoy

EDITED_BY: FireNix (1196612077)

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Heheheh... cool.

Who'd you have to teach?

x

Getting to the other side smile

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Im sorry Im worn to secrecy. If I told you i'd have to kill you
But I dont need to kill anyone else so...Dean an X-footballer
Shane from Boyzone, Hanah - Ian from Eastenders X-wife and Antonia X-Bad girls TV.
There really is gonna be some decent routines, especially considering theyve had less than a week of a few hrs per day to practice and theyve NEVER picked them up before.
Its been good fun and an eye opener seeing behind the scenes of a TV programme.
Good crew and performers and quite impressive the level of skill theyve got to
Peas

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
OMG Rob - I saw a clip of you on This Morning today!!!! They were interviewing Hannah and had a clip of you teaching her poi, I'd know that handsome face anywhere wink

Good luck to you and most especially to the celebs - this has got to be much more intimidating and stretching than dancing, even on ice.

First time I've ever wanted to have Sky - but not enough to pay for it, sorry hun! hug

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Well it went well
Nobody burnt themselves and the celebs did their routines to their potential. So although one of the guys who I trained went out - he did his best so im happy for him
Check out the Re-run if you missed it tonight at 9 (?) on Sky2 and the 'behind-the-scenes' on Friday Sky3 at 7.30 or 9
Back again next week training them and hopefully wont sound so wierd on TV this time!!

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

shocked_prawnSILVER Member
old hand
865 posts

Posted:
hay just watched the repeat, how long did they have to train?
i was quite impressed well done! smile

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

splinterificGOLD Member
enthusiast
248 posts

Posted:
dont suppose this is up on youtube yet? smile alas i missed it... stupid lack of sky frown

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
There's just one of the acts on - unsurprisingly it's Emily's Moulin Rouge-esqe trapeze act

Apparantly it was repeated on Sky Three last year, but changed it 2 this time so us poor Freeview chaps don't get it frown. But I'm looking forward to the Backstage show on Friday - already programmed in biggrin

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

shocked_prawnSILVER Member
old hand
865 posts

Posted:
aww im gonna miss the backstage cos im at work

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9isbzzJJv0

Gayle.....!

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
why is she in the gimp suit?

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
From the interview on This Morning, it seems they were doing fire within days of first picking up poi and I guess the organisers didn't want any nasty singing of celebrity hair and skin - ooh just imagine the mess plastic hair extensions could make eek ubblol

Euonymous Europeus

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
Hmmm...wonder what Rob's new show costumes will be then wink

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
GO ROB!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin

Would've been funny if Shane from Boyzone singed his eyebrow, it'd look strange with half his eyebrow missing and.... oh wait...

Well done Rob! hug

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
So the next show is this Sunday and I shall be doing a Fire Performance as part of the Opening Parade
4 contestants shall be doing Fire as part of their act again
Hope you get to see - any feedback appreciated
and Dave I too am quite interested what costume theyre going to put me in!!
Thanks for all the Big Ups

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Classic!

I read about Shane and "metal chains with balls on the end that you set on fire" in yesterdays Metro interview.

biggrin

Good luck Mr Rob smile

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Good luck, i can't wait to see Ian from Eastenders, so this is where he's been off to! Poor Jane is worried sick back at Albert Square!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Costume update - Silver Spandex!!!!......MMMMMmmmmmm
Routines are looking good and im pretty sure youre gonna be amazed at what theyre doing

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Divine Dahling smile

Can you ask them to say Fire poi instread of Poi fire? Messed my ears up confused ubblol

Hope someone gets it up on Youtube.......

Euonymous Europeus

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Devine Mincing me thinks!!!
After training 'my' celebs to sell it to the audience for the last 2 weeks - I then had to DO it myself....in a Silver Spandex suit!!! Lovely!!!
Glad you liked it. I havent seen either of the shows yet!! or the 'behind the scenes' bits.
Im sad to have left - great bunch of people.
But watch this space - They want me back
Hope youre well WC
Still thinking about making it up to Manc again - how was the JC?
Love to you and your Man

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
hughug to you too - from both of us. Didn't go to MJC (too tempting to do something and delay healing frown ) T'would be lovely to see you again and of course you always have a bed here - and a pint or 2 beerchug

Euonymous Europeus

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Thanks Hun
I may end up delaying my holiday in Thailand if this cirque thing re-appears, if so im either off to Morocco as I had planned before or coming up to Manc - whichever is the warmer!!! although I KNOW the welcome will be as warm as can be had up at your place - thanks for the offer and maybe see you soon
Hope you heal well hun

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Update
I have been asked back to train 3 more Celebs who are new to Fire.
Check out again on Sunday 25/11/07 for some great routines and some not so!!!
The week after on the 3rd I shall be doing stuff in the parade
Hope you enjoy
Check it

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Not sure if anyone caught me doing Big Poi at the begining of the group performance last week (3/12) - Double staff and Fire Poi on National TV - Buenno
Im now training and choreographiong 4 of the returning contestants for this Sundays Finale. Tune in for what hopefully will work!! if not tune in for smouldering remains of Celebs!!
SkyOne 7.30pm Sunday 9/12
Feel the Flame

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Well looks like im the only person posting on this thread now and its almost over!!!
Finale show tomorrow - this week has been....intersting
Ive choreographed a routine for 5 people 4 with Fire and an areal Hoop. Im HOPING its all gonna work tomorrow -- we shall see
Choreographed Fire Troupe of Celebs on national TV - cant be bad for the Kudos of Poi....or can it!!
Peas out

Feel the Flame
Phirenix