Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Looking through entries for the Why Spin Competition as well as the Calendar Competition (before it got filtered) there's an awful lot of people who enter competitions with their lovely fire or glowstick pictures, that just don't meet the criteria.

Yes, I do agree 100% that they should read the criteria before they enter. And I also think that things like Why Spin and the Poi Around the World give dimension and interest to what would otherwise just be a photo...but perhaps people need a straight photo competition just to get it out of their system?

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Hmmm - but can you imagine the number of entries there'd be?! 90% of which would just be more photos of flowers smile

The photo bar at the top displays peoples pics, and if there was demand, maybe create a thread (if one doesn't exist already, which seem to remember it does), where people can link to there Flickr (or wherever) gallerie...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
flowers are better than your head with a ball on it. ;p

muhahahahahahhahahahahahaahahhaaaaaa!

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mcp

flowers are better than your head with a ball on it. ;p

muhahahahahahhahahahahahaahahhaaaaaa!

ubblolubblolubblolubblolubblol

shes right ya know wink

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I did think about the sheer number of pictures there would be but I can't think of a way around it. You could make categories (like flowers and balled heads) but given the last two competitions people probably wouldn't read the criteria again and post flowers in the balled head category rolleyes

And I think it would be different to galleries because if you were only allowed one entry then you'd need to pick the cream of your lot.

*shrug* I dunno, but I just felt sorry for all those people who did the right thing entering the competitions within the criteria, having but thought and effort into it, only to be swamped by people who didn't think about it and just put a fire photo in there.

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
I thought that was what the calender comp was for...

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Rouge Dragon

(like flowers and balled heads)

balled heads? Don't you mean 'bald' heads? Then durbs would be SURE to win that category! wink

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
no, I meant "balled" heads.

Durbs would win that as well as the bald one tongue