Forums > Advanced Staff moves > Global Contact Staff Video Project! [VIDEO!]

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Global Contact Staff Video Project!

Inspired the Antti/Ima (A.I.) Staff Juggling Project, I think it's time for a Global Contact Staff Video!

Rules:

1) it's gotta be CONTACT!

2) you can use any number of staffs.

3) fire is okay, practise in daylight is better!

4) it's gotta be cool, new, funny, dancey or smoooooth. (Or just a kick ass combo.)

5) use your environment!

So maybe you can do an old-school move REALLLY well, film it, send it to me.

Or you have something nobody else can do, totally new, or just a small variation on something else that you haven't seen online before. Send it in.

Something funny... or dancey? Send it.

Some outrageously long contact combo? Send it!

Or just send all the stuff you want to show off to the world.

PM me for details where to send miniDV tapes, or DVD's of raw footage. If you wanna use the internet to send files, I can recommend large file uploaders, and zero compression on your movie.

If you don't have a video camera, beg, buy or borrow one.

If you have some kind of tiny handheld camera / mobile phone / photo camera that takes video, then fine... just make sure it can output raw movies to at least 320 by 240. And it must be in a brightly lit environment.

Deadline:

2 Months from now: 1st December.

Then it should be out for Christmas!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay so it wasn't entirely out for chrimbo, and it's not entirely finished yet, still waiting on certain footage to arrive.... ARGH! Plus I have the flu, and I had it over christmas too, so I'm not happy, and I might yet go home and sulk at my parents house, without the big 'puter to edit on.

So just in case, and so you don't get sulky like me, I'll post two of the parts I've finished...

The american bit: Sexy locations, some extreme groundwork... and all thanks to Noel(ski):

https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5475526252191101727

and my bit:

https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3396838571530846886

To come maybe tonight: Some super cool foot contact and uber doubles contact by Chris Parham, he deserves his own segment... And a segment of australians, like, Neon Dave, Gracie and Kyle.

Wish me luck.

Megout.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

okays:

Chris Parham, English good guy that he is, some beautiful creative new stuff in here:

https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3778042028882540681

and the aussie section, feat: neon-dave, gracie from Flameoz with some feicha and Kyle McLean, the inimitable. (I think that's the word)

https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2086665096377342883

EDITED_BY: mcp (1199238822)

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Nice plan meg biggrin I'll see if I can find a dry spot down here in the marshlands to do some filming wink

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
ohhh im excited

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
erm, sounds cool, but isn't posting DV tapes a little old school?

Maybe something like a bunch of clips on archive.org with some common tags would also be interesting? Get a bit of remixable, remashable content happening?

Meg, I'm sure whatever you end up doing will be grooovey. smile
:goes back to sitting on arse again:

Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
HAHAHAH kyle, i love yer signiture

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Antti_EverythingGOLD Member
addict
446 posts

Posted:
So by "Old school" you mean the cool moves from 1 or 2 years ago?

Point your toes.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
kyle, you better not sit on yer arse! I want's your footage. Also good idea with the footage... depends if the individuals that send in footage are up for it thou. I may contact people with that request.

antti: by old-school I basically mean anything that's already on video.

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
Anti, if you were asking about my old skool reference, that's not what I meant at all. It's all good. I'm sure those moves are still very cool (I wouldn't know, I'm getting old myself) smile

Meg, I'll give you some footage.

Two websites that might be of interest in the context of this or future cyberfire projects:
Creative Commons
The Internet Archive

CC lets you license things in a way where you keep ownership but people can copy the file/work and if you want, remix it. Legally.

Archive.org is a a library of files that are public domain or CC licensed. You can upload files as big as you like there and other people can download them as well as watching them. Extra bonus points because unlike youtube, you have not sold the licensing to the work simply by uploading it.

A) it does feel as good

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
creative commons has it's downfalls too. Do some research before you use a license. https://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/09/24/creative_commons_deception/

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
Yeah, def a good idea to know what each license means. It is really simple to say that you don't won't something used for commercial purposes, which would pretty much rule out corporations.

Also for what it's worth I'd point out that the guy that wrote that article has a bit of a reputation for putting sensationalism before journalism.

anyhoo, don't want to make this go OT.
CC is a big can of worms, that really could have a thread all of its own.

A) it does feel as good

addict
446 posts

Posted:
I was just pointing to Meghans oldschool... Kylie

Point your toes.

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
Hey Anti, what is the link for the juggling vid? I can't seem to find it?

A) it does feel as good

addict
446 posts

Posted:
Hey Kylie... here's the link

[Old link]

and more discussion about it can be found here somewhere [Old link]

Point your toes.

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
thanks smile
Really like it...

A) it does feel as good

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
bumpity bump, coming up to the one month left mark...

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
Hmmm... maybe ill get my arse into gear then

"Don't do it naked!"

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Yo! It's the 1 week mark now!

Anybody with anything at all to contribute, including entering of any 'danger zones' should send me some footage! (or in cases of extreme slackness, go out and shoot the footage, and then send it to me!)

There's nothing I like better than waking up on Christmas morning with some uber contact video to watch.*

(Obviously I won't be waking up on Christmas morning with said, uber video, cos I'll have made it and hence seen it already. But at least you guys will get that pleasure. )

Also, feel free to pretend this is a celebration of an un-(stolen from the pagans)-Christian festival, and suit it to whatever authentic festival of your choosing. biggrin

squidBRONZE Member
sanguine
382 posts

Posted:
Out of curiosity, has this project succeeded in luring out some lovely staff videos that I might be able to ..purchase in the near future? *crosses fingers and hopes*

Ooh, especially if it includes more 'danger zones'. That would be cream. smile

"to a man whose only tool is a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail." Abraham Maslow

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
why have you not filmed something and sent it to me? Sort it out slacker. I care not about strict deadlines.

TankboySILVER Member
Resident Demolitions Expert
103 posts

Posted:
So i heard you got noels footage of us. :-D

rockin.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I heard that too.

I might keep in Noel's comments... Some of them are awesome.

TankboySILVER Member
Resident Demolitions Expert
103 posts

Posted:
yeah? cool. i spun like rubbish that day, but hey, what can you do but practice more. :P

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
spin like not-rubbish? wink But yeah, always more practise... biggrin

squidBRONZE Member
sanguine
382 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mcp

why have you not filmed something and sent it to me? Sort it out slacker. I care not about strict deadlines.

lol! You should feel proud of yourself, Ms. Meg. Thanks to you* (your tutorials and vids) I actually decided to take up the staff for the first time ever, last month.

Just give me time. Maybe next year Ill have the foundations and confidence to take you up on that challenge.

*ok, to be fair it was 3: mcp, meast, and imakokode that inspired me to try. ubblove

"to a man whose only tool is a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail." Abraham Maslow

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
****Warning Temporary Thread OverRide****

Check out some of Sandy's stuff. He's my hero. *swoon*

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

squidBRONZE Member
sanguine
382 posts

Posted:
lol! I know. I shouldn't be exclusionary. Its impossible to mention everyone, but you are right. The whole Inspinerate crew, the Vulcan crew, Burn Crew Concepts, so so many families and so much inspiration.

Noelskimember
129 posts

Posted:
Whats up with the vid meg? Didja get more people to submit stuff?

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Okay so it wasn't entirely out for chrimbo, and it's not entirely finished yet, still waiting on certain footage to arrive.... ARGH! Plus I have the flu, and I had it over christmas too, so I'm not happy, and I might yet go home and sulk at my parents house, without the big 'puter to edit on.

So just in case, and so you don't get sulky like me, I'll post two of the parts I've finished...

The american bit: Sexy locations, some extreme groundwork... and all thanks to Noel(ski):
https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5475526252191101727

and my bit:
https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3396838571530846886

To come maybe tonight: Some super cool foot contact and uber doubles contact by Chris Parham, he deserves his own segment... And a segment of australians, like, Neon Dave, Gracie and Kyle.

Wish me luck.

Megout.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

okays:

Chris Parham, English good guy that he is, some beautiful creative new stuff in here:

https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3778042028882540681

and the aussie section, feat: neon-dave, gracie from Flameoz with some feicha and Kyle McLean, the inimitable. (I think that's the word)

https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2086665096377342883

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
good ol' chazz is off snowboarding for a season damn him you should have seen him when he was on crutches lol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I'm no Australian! tongue

But good job in in sifting through the hours of crappy practice footage to find 2mins of usable stuff!

Hopefully when I can be arsed there will be an extended version of my studio sessions up soon...

What can I say about Kyle and Gracie? They were such an inspiration (not that you'll find it in the footage but I'm working on that) hug hug hug

clap clap for Chazz! the guy is a mentalist! Roll on the British spinnyfests...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Page: